Guardians of the Galaxy Nathan Fillion is Simon Williams (Wonder Man)

Pecola1

ʞɔᴉʞ-ǝpᴉS
Reaction score
What does everyone think?

When I first heard I thought he would actually fit the role really well.

Supposedly he is going to be some movie star named Simon Williams, and starring in multiple films. (One looks kinda like a horror film) Are these going to be used as flashbacks or something? How will he be introduced to the team?

For those who didn't know, there were rumors that he was going to be Ant man a while back, and even rumors that he would act as Nova in GoTG 1, but he ended up just being the voice of an inmate. Now he is confirmed for GoTG2 as Simon Williams, who in the comics is Wonder Man.

Discuss your thoughts.

I think it's an Easter Egg we'll be lucky if we can even see clearly on screen while live action. It'll be like some of the Easter Eggs in the Collector's place.

I think, if Wonder Man actually did have a major role, Nathan Fillion would be a good choice, but I don't think it's this role.

That being said, some of those posters (particularly the Jobs parody) were quite funny.

Most probably an easter egg. Hope he does pop up if not in this film but somewhere down the line.

It's a nice easter egg, but I think Fillion will either be on screen for just a few seconds as an easter egg, or not at all and it's just the posters in the background. Although Simon Williams was a Guardian of the Galaxy in the comics before any of the Guardians from this movie ever were, so who knows.

8a41QTi.jpg

I think he will have a small role, but I don't think it will be small enough to call a cameo.
I do think we may not see Wonder Man in full until Infinity Wars or something though. But who knows!

Funny thought about the Tony Stark biopic, but could there be an MCU inside the MCU? XD

I always wondered when will be the time to finally see Wonder Man in a live action film!

I'm not getting my hopes up for this movie, but the fact that it's actually a significant (if not major) character gives me hope that he will have a bigger part to play eventually.

Where are we hearing that it's a bigger role across multiple films? For all we know the silly movie posters could be the extent of his role.

I think he will have a small role, but I don't think it will be small enough to call a cameo.

That's exactly what I think it will be. Do you really see Wonder Man having an extended interaction with the team or joining them? For all we know he doesn't even have powers.

Where are we hearing that it's a bigger role across multiple films? For all we know the silly movie posters could be the extent of his role.

Its bigger than you can even imagine. Word on the street is that Marvel and FOX are teaming up for "Wonder Man and the Beast", an action comedy starring Nathan Fillion and Kelsey Grammer.

Its bigger than you can even imagine. Word on the street is that Marvel and FOX are teaming up for "Wonder Man and the Beast", an action comedy starring Nathan Fillion and Kelsey Grammer.

You have no idea how incredibly happy that movie my would make me! :woot: I don't care if it has to happen on SNL or something, but SOMEONE needs to make this happen!

But wait, Beast is currently starring in the Inhumans comic! This clearly means that Marvel plans to pull a Maximoff and change the origins of his powers, bringing him into the MCU! Then, following the chain of events between BvS and Civil War; they will greenlight a Wonder Man/Beast movie the day after DC announces Blue Beetle/Booster Gold! :o

Last edited:
I would die if the MCU expanded to cross over with the Fox universe.
Because in the end it would mean the world's are colliding and all parrallel universes will soon be gone and guess who becomes god?
Yeah, Mr. I'm-a-hacker Toby Kebbels Dr. Doom.
Is that what we really want? For the MCU and the FOX X-Men Universe would both die, and we would be left with Dr.-imahacker-Doom throwing random actors as random Marvel characters at each other to fight.
(I'm joking for those who can't tell.)

Then, following the chain of events between BvS and Civil War; they will greenlight a Wonder Man/Beast movie the day after DC announces Blue Beetle/Booster Gold! :o

If it works like that, then why am I still waiting for a Thunderbolts movie?

Last edited:
I will be amused if after all this build-up from the fans he doesn't even appear in person.

If it works like that, then why am I still waiting for a Thinderbolts movie?

They want to see how Suicide Squad does at the box office first.

That's exactly what I think it will be. Do you really see Wonder Man having an extended interaction with the team or joining them? For all we know he doesn't even have powers.

I think a guy like Nathan Fillion playing a self-obsessed famous actor who eventually gets superpowers is the kind of character that could very easily appear in various places in the MCU. Not necessarily joining any teams (although, I don't see any reason why he absolutely couldn't for a while, if the writers had a good idea for him), just appearing in different places, like Heimdall, Sharon Carter, etc. Certainly, even if the movies don't have room for him, it seems like a shoe-in for an AoS episode.

Too bad, thought it would have been the perfect role for Dwayne Johnson.

I'm surprised people aren't talking about this more, it's a huge addition to the MCU and it really doesn't fit what you'd assume is the narrative of GotG2.

Being as there is a Stark biopic in the posters of the Simon Williams movie festival it should mean that this takes place when Stark is well into adulthood and likely has already revealed to the world that he was Iron Man.

So why a scene on Earth for a Guardians movie that will center around discovering Peter's dad? The only such scenes that would make sense would be flashbacks to Peter's mom and his father on earth.

I honestly think this might be a record for having a post-credit scene spoiled.

I'm surprised people aren't talking about this more, it's a huge addition to the MCU and it really doesn't fit what you'd assume is the narrative of GotG2.

Being as there is a Stark biopic in the posters of the Simon Williams movie festival it should mean that this takes place when Stark is well into adulthood and likely has already revealed to the world that he was Iron Man.

So why a scene on Earth for a Guardians movie that will center around discovering Peter's dad? The only such scenes that would make sense would be flashbacks to Peter's mom and his father on earth.

Because it's most likely just a cameo/easter egg.

Where is he going to start looking for his dad? He can't really go and ask Yondu. The question i'd like to know is why is he looking for his dad?

That's because it's probably a cameo. To reiterate, we don't even know if Simon Williams physically appears in the movie.

All the stuff about him suiting up as Wonder Man and helping the Guardians is just the fans jumping the gun.

This is James Gunn being allowed to shoe horn his personel friends into his movie and not only does Gunn do this. Why is Marvel allowing this. WM is one of my favorite characters and Fillion a bad choice for Williams. The fansboys Love this guy and scream he should be cast in multiple roles. I do not see the love for this guy and he is so overrated. I could see him as Hank Pym but Wonder Man? Really Marvel and Gunn? Also what in the bad place is WM being debuted in GOTG 2 and not the Avengers? WHERE THE bad place GUNN IS ADAM WARLOCK OR QUASAR OR NOVA? These guys are actually GOTG and not Simon Williams.

Last edited:
This is James Gunn being allowed to shoe horn his personel friends into his movie and not only does Gunn do this. Why is Marvel allowing this.

Because it's Wonder Man? I doubt he's a hugely in demand character for Marvel Studios. Who else were they gonna pick?

Also what in the bad place is WM being debuted in GOTG 2 and not the Avengers?

I feel like I'm a broken record at this point, but I'll say it again: There is no evidence Wonder Man is actually in the movie. There is evidence that there is a silly easter egg shout-out to him involving movie posters. There is as of yet, nothing to indicate that Simon Williams shows up in person, has powers, suits up, or even interacts with the Guardians. That is all fanboys jumping to conclusions right now.

If he does show up, it'll most likely be a jokey cameo. There is nothing to suggest he's joining the team and replacing Quasar or Nova.

WHERE THE bad place GUNN IS ADAM WARLOCK OR QUASAR OR NOVA?

Limbo.

Last edited:
This is probably an Easter egg more than an actual superhero appearance.

Do you really see Wonder Man having an extended interaction with the team or joining them?
Actually, I do. Wonder Man is probably going to feature in the MCU beyond a cameo at some point so why not now?
I think a guy like Nathan Fillion playing a self-obsessed famous actor who eventually gets superpowers is the kind of character that could very easily appear in various places in the MCU. Not necessarily joining any teams (although, I don't see any reason why he absolutely couldn't for a while, if the writers had a good idea for him), just appearing in different places, like Heimdall, Sharon Carter, etc. Certainly, even if the movies don't have room for him, it seems like a shoe-in for an AoS episode.
Nathan Fillion should be pretty cheap for them to afford for Agents of SHIELD. I'm guessing it would depend on whether the show would get a season five though given that Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 doesn't come out until next April therefore his character won't have been introduced to the MCU yet.

Actually, I do. Wonder Man is probably going to feature in the MCU beyond a cameo at some point so why not now?

Gunn has already said that he is not working with any human heroes on the team other than Star-Lord, and that there aren't any new Guardians joining the team other than Mantis.

Gunn has already said that he is not working with any human heroes on the team other than Star-Lord, and that there aren't any new Guardians joining the team other than Mantis.

Industry professionals can lie to protect their secrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"