NBC's ''The Blacklist'' - Part 1

Still waiting for more episodes to drop, kind of hoping season 8 is the last season and they go out with a bang. The mystery of Red's identity has gone on long enough.

Anyone else think that Rostova's death was possibly faked ( maybe by her and Red) as there's a gap between the conversation with Red and Liz seeing her shot ? I mean, Tom died offscreen too, so I'm always hoping he'll show up too.

I stopped watching at about the third or fourth.

Still waiting for more episodes to drop, kind of hoping season 8 is the last season and they go out with a bang. The mystery of Red's identity has gone on long enough.

Anyone else think that Rostova's death was possibly faked ( maybe by her and Red) as there's a gap between the conversation with Red and Liz seeing her shot ? I mean, Tom died offscreen too, so I'm always hoping he'll show up too.

I think he's the twin brother of Red.

Finally caught up now, and I see Liz has turned into a straight up criminal trying to blow up Red while he's in a hospital, forging Aram's signature to get access to the explosives ect.

The nightmare goes on. This show has had so many macguffins and misdirections, can't they just wrap it up this season ?

Liz has flip flopped from agent to fugitive back to agent to criminal and now would be assassin. Any suspension of disbelief has been well and truly shattered. Spader is the only thing that makes it watchable, and I'm not sure even he can get me past the next series of twists that are inevitably coming, because no one's life is that ****ing complicated.

Ugh. This show was a fresh take on an old idea when it started and was interesting, but at the rate we're going towards the ridiculous it'll turn out that Red is Liz's son sent back from the future.

Spader sticks with it because it's a steady paycheck and he can act the part in his sleep. Wish he'd move onto new and greener pastures. Red's a great television character, but I'm sure Spader could craft far more dark and interesting oddballs in other shows/films.

Spader's fellow Brat pack associate Andrew McCarthy has been directing a few more episodes this season.

Aram makes a good point, why do they still refer to Elizabeth as 'Agent Keen' I mean I'm fairly positive those days are over,mind you knowing this show it's going to end up with been leader of the task force, with direct access to the President.

There is going to be no redeeming of Elizabeth when she comes back, I mean she was willing to crash a plane in the previous episode.

So the writers have just straight up killed off any chance of redeeming Elizabeth with last nights episode.

So what’s the deal with the actress? Did she have a falling out with anyone or are they just limiting her eps for budget reasons? I still see her name on the credits so is it just the latter?

Not sure if it explains it, but she was filming an episode of that new Barry Jenkins series (Underground Railroad)

Well this is a bit of a surprise, but can't say I'm that hocked given how the writers completely destroyed her character this season.

Well this is a bit of a surprise, but can't say I'm that hocked given how the writers completely destroyed her character this season.

They just need to end the show and tell us WTF the point of it all was.

I mean, how does the show continue considering her character was the main reason the Blacklist exists in the first place, as explained by Red.

Calling it now they will get another actress to play Elizabeth and they will say she got facial surgery to change her appearance to protect her (much like Red did) sort of history repeating itself.

I try not to harshly judge shows that I haven’t watched all or most of, but anytime I happen to stumble across a TV Line article or something that discusses the most recent twist in the mystery that is this character’s backstory/parentage, I’m a little flabbergasted. I mean, ****, eight seasons?? That mystery should’ve long since been solved.

I try not to harshly judge shows that I haven’t watched all or most of, but anytime I happen to stumble across a TV Line article or something that discusses the most recent twist in the mystery that is this character’s backstory/parentage, I’m a little flabbergasted. I mean, ****, eight seasons?? That mystery should’ve long since been solved.

I don't watch, either, but I still want that fan theory that Red is her mom to turn out to be true. I recognize that actual fans of the show might not feel the same way, though.

I don't watch, either, but I still want that fan theory that Red is her mom to turn out to be true. I recognize that actual fans of the show might not feel the same way, though.
This is probably the only reason why I'm invested in this show.

You guys pick some odd reasons to stick with shows tbh.

Well I'd say tonight's episode probably sealed the possibility that 99.5 % that Katarina is Red.

It's been a twisty ride. Seemingly revealing one thing, then another, and so on. I've only been watching since, like 2019, I got some Blacklist DVDs from the library and have been watching it.

Lol, can't get over how that had some rando goon kill off Liz. Also it's hilarious that even in Liz's dying moments we still don't get a clear answer to who is Red, Liz probably knew in the end (and it's pretty clear who he was really) but it felt like a slap in the face to the audience who stuck with the series this long to not have Red just come out and say it

Anyway I could not be surprised if there is a time jump next season

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"