First Avenger Neal McDonough is Dum Dum

That was a pretty cool interview.

I keep getting more and more excited for this flick every day.

Stevenson looks so much like Frank Castle...its sad to have seen him wasted.

No Jeff Bridges was only signed for one film.We knew marvel may be thinking of using Winter Solder story in future Captain America films because Sebsastin Stan Is signed for multiple films.

nice to see neal confirm he will wear the bowler hat, and is growing the trademark stac the character has. As for the whole thing oh him saying howling commandos might be different name, maybe that is what the whole invader thing is about. Maybe they are mixing HC and invaders a bit. So maybe it will end up being like cap/bucky/dum dum, and say union jack and all that.

Maybe they are mixing HC and invaders a bit.
I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. I don't think we'll be seeing two separate teams of important supporting characters, but they'll likely be merged into one and they'll take a few characters from each

yea that is likely the deal, so if thats the thing if the news awhile back that it would be a 6 member team, we got cap/bucky/(likely) peggy/Dum dum. So that is 4, so maybe they will throw in two invader guys like union jack and maybe another one. To me i still dont see them going with fury in the past and he to me i think will just be in present day.

They could very well combine The Invaders and Howling Commandos Into one team.It could be Cap,Bucky,Peggy Carter,Dum Dum,Fury,and a European world War II costumed
hero.

Neil Mcdonough comments almost gurante Dum Dum In both World War II and present day bookend scenes.From Iron Man 2 you could say they hinted at Fury being around longer than you would think.

If something like this were to happen they better not even use the name Invaders.

if I recall correctly, Bridges was also signed for more films

Yeah the multiple films thing is hogwash. Anyone remember Vinnie Jones signed for X4-6? It just gives you flexibility. The only character we can be certain of showing up in the present is the lead. Don't count on a Winter Soldier spinoff any time soon. As far as Fury, he could have easily been a young agent while Stark was in his 40's or 50's when he founded the SHIELD. Doesn't mean Fury is showing up just because Howard is involved with the SHIELD.

Yeah the multiple films thing is hogwash. Anyone remember Vinnie Jones signed for X4-6? It just gives you flexibility. The only character we can be certain of showing up in the present is the lead. Don't count on a Winter Soldier spinoff any time soon. As far as Fury, he could have easily been a young agent while Stark was in his 40's or 50's when he founded the SHIELD. Doesn't mean Fury is showing up just because Howard is involved with the SHIELD.

Or Sir Alec Guiness being cast as Obi Wan for the three movies even though he dies in the first one. They could have the whole series of Cap films set in WW2 and have the Avengers movies deal with his present time. They might want to use some flashbacks to WW2 and its easier to keep on retainer than try to get him as the need arises

I assumed the Howling Commandos would be a military unit he trained with and helped out in the first half and in the second half when he'd go AWOL and meet with the Invaders, them being a more underground group of elite foreign soldiers.

Do you mean Irish-American or actually Irish? He sounds fairly American to me in all the roles I've seen him in.

Irish American (from Boston) just like Dugan. Only thing missing is the ginger hair.

Irish American (from Boston) just like Dugan. Only thing missing is the ginger hair.

Hey, no! You can't use that word. That's our word. :oldrazz:

Getting back to the subject. That should at least count in favour to playing Dum Dum then.

very possibly but i rather lead fury, and others in present day and only guys from ww2 in future is cap/bucky and possibly red skulls from being frozen, or other stuff. But yea it does look like invaders/commandos will be mix together. So i cant wait to see who is any members left, and i do hope one is union jack he is easy to do.

I thought last we heard the movie would be almost entirely based in the WW2 era. If they are to go into the present then wouldn't it mean that anyone in that part of the movie would have around five seconds for their cameo.

well from what we heard in the past their is due to be bookend scenes in present day, but the bulk of the film be in ww2. So it will probably go they will start with the film with say fury and some shield guy discovering cap's frozen body. Then we flash back into the past. Then lead to the film's climax for cap being frozen. Then the last scene is cap being revived into present day and end with say fury/shield guys welcoming steve to the 21st century.

I always thought Neal McDonough looks a little odd. He would make a good Master Man actually.

Neal McDonough just has that comic booky look to him. About 8 years ago, I thought he would've made a good Cap.

Either way, I think this was a good role for him to finally make his comic book movie debut outside of animation/vgs.

Maybe someone can use this for a manip.

neil.jpg

i do not like this casting, but since i can't really think about anyone else i'd cast as dum dum i can live with it

any reason you dont like neal in the role?
he just doesn't seem gruff enough to me. i've always seen dum dum as a kind of stand off-ish guy who can say more with a cocked eyebrow than most people can with a paragraph. idk, i may be completely off base, but he just doesn't feel right to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"