Agent Carter Agent Carter - S01E05 "The Iron Ceiling"

Yep. I'm on the edge of my seat regarding the next season AOS.

I'm really enjoying Agent Carter just about equally as well, though, and I hope we get another season.

I'm loving this alternating series thing. What I really enjoy is the link between Agent Carter and Agents Of Shield. You have the origins and the current incarnation. It's brilliant to bring people stories of both in an alternating fashion like this.

Keep both shows coming as long as possible I say.

I still haven't even gotten around to this season of SHIELD. I watched the first episode of the season but I was just losing interest in it. It wasn't a bad episode but it just felt stale, if that makes sense.

Nah, while I am loving Agent Carter, I am excited to get back to Coulson and the group to see how they delve into the Inhumans and how they tie the upcoming episodes into AoU.

Exactly, Agent Carter has been wonderful and I'll be the first to buy it on DVD, but eight episodes will be enough. AoS hit tremendous heights by mid-season and may be the best show on network TV. It's time to get back to the modern era.

I'm still very concerned about the Inhumans angle on AoS. After a fun half season of spies and then Agent Carter doing likewise, I'm not sure how well magic and powers will sit within the existing framework. Tbh I'm worried about that for the wider MCU too

How are the Inhumans any more outrageous than beings like Asgardians which have appeared on AOS?

Exactly, Agent Carter has been wonderful and I'll be the first to buy it on DVD, but eight episodes will be enough. AoS hit tremendous heights by mid-season and may be the best show on network TV. It's time to get back to the modern era.

Unless it gets insanely better than what I just saw (episode 2, which was very good don't get me wrong), I don't see it being up there as possibly the best on network TV. I can think of two in particular off the top of my head I'd be surprised to see Shield come remotely close to at all. Now, most improved on the other hand...

Last edited:
How are the Inhumans any more outrageous than beings like Asgardians which have appeared on AOS?
Because Asgardians were explained in great detail in Thor. Inhumans appear to be a bunch of inexplicable people who can do whatever the plot deems necessary. We'll see though, I've been proven wrong before :)

So yeah they showed the AoS preview during this and all I could think was "noooooo screw AoS! Want more Peggy!"

Not sure that's the reaction they were going for :woot:

My reaction was a combination of No!!!!!!!!!!, :woo: and Don't You Threaten Me!

AOS has supposedly improved, but I just don't care. I can't get into it and I haven't connected to any of the characters who all feel so bland no matter the rising stakes. I want more Peggy. [stomps foot]

My reaction was a combination of No!!!!!!!!!!, :woo: and Don't You Threaten Me!

AOS has supposedly improved, but I just don't care. I can't get into it and I haven't connected to any of the characters who all feel so bland no matter the rising stakes. I want more Peggy. [stomps foot]

Yeah, having just finished the half season, I agree, I still want more Peggy over going back to those characters.

Because Asgardians were explained in great detail in Thor. Inhumans appear to be a bunch of inexplicable people who can do whatever the plot deems necessary. We'll see though, I've been proven wrong before :)

But they do have an explanation. Just because it isn't explained in a five minute intro action scene narrated by Anthony Hopkins doesn't mean they can't explain it.

We may have to wait till the Inhumans movie for the full skinny to be laid out for the uninitiated in bold face terms, though any Marvel fan with a passing knowledge of alien races in the MU or the Inhumans in the comics can pretty much connect the dots with their eyes closed.

I for one can't wait for AoS to return.

I hope both series have a LONG run. I love both of them

G'day,

Emmm. .. This is a comic book show from a universe that has people with super powers. Why would you *not* expect there to be :magic and powers"?

ta

Ralph

I'm still very concerned about the Inhumans angle on AoS. After a fun half season of spies and then Agent Carter doing likewise, I'm not sure how well magic and powers will sit within the existing framework. Tbh I'm worried about that for the wider MCU too

G'day,

Emmm. .. This is a comic book show from a universe that has people with super powers. Why would you *not* expect there to be :magic and powers"?
Not really sure what a magnifying glass power is :funny:

The MCU has always been grounded, whereas let's say X-Men, has dealt with the fantastic. Inhumans just doesn't sit right with me atm

Did I hear Union Jack mentioned in this episode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"