Days of Future Past New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

I'd love to see Darwin again, I was really upset when he died.

I don't know what your problem is :huh: I don't get people who do this.

Maybe you should stop shutting down people's theories. I'm not saying they are the new Hellfire Club, I'm saying people should be prepared to have that as a possibility, however unlikely it might be. For one thing they were never called either Brotherhood or Hellfire Club at the end there. What's the harm in being open to the possibility of that team at the end being Hellfire Club?

Guess what? We're on a Discussion board to discuss the film that none of us have seen or know very little about. People being hellbent on one idea (and their own idea is the only correct one) annoys me to no end. If people coming up with different theories bugs you so much, maybe you should stop reading discussion boards altogether?

I don't have any problem with you. You quoted my post and I just replied back.

I would want to see Darwin come back to life again. It could work and this time he's made up of pure energy according to the comics.

I doubt they would do that, to be honest. And what purpose would be serve in the story as an energy being?

now that I think about it, most of us are waiting for next announcement of a returning actor, but what if the next casting news is the very first new character? :D

maybe its a bit soon, but would be great news to learn a new character is coming with this sequel

we'll probably hear something around late Feb/March, but would love to be surprised sooner :hrt:

I know I am going to unpopular on these boards for this but I continue to believe with a possable large cast returing ffom first class and several returnees from trilogy the odds
of any major new characters are slim.New characters Is a thread better for X-Men sequels thread.Some will say well they always introduce new characters but you convently forget they never had to balance cast members from both first Class and trilogy in 2 timelines In same film plus they have to spend money on Sentinles.The Avengers Introduced only 1 new character-Maria Hill.And we still have target of assassination to Include.This Is 2 hour film with all the likely returnees besides target of assassination.

we dont need a major new character, mrobb, just a supporting one, to give fresh air to the original cast.

Just to have returning actors on that future would be unrealistic, as some have discussed.

You do realize adding bunch of new characters In future means less returing vets for future.In past to have any new X-Men would mean that person's introduction would be key plot point like Nightcrawler In X2 and Angel(Important to plot of 3 even though he was only in 4 scenes) In Last Stand.

Many here advocated being like the avengers.They mostly used characters from pevious 5 marvel studios films besides Maria Hill,a token characterless alien army(which you could compare to sentinels here) and Thanos cameo.

You have 4 confirmed First Class returning characters.If Banshee and havok return that Is 6.If azarel and Emma are back that Is 8.If they bring back Angel salvadore and riptide
to do magneto's bidding that Is 10.Now If you drop theose 2 you will need a new villain among brotherhood.If you Include Moira that Is 11.Plus add target of assassination and you 12 poential characerts In first CLass part of film alone.Now add WOlverine to fuutre and that Is 13 characters.Plus you have older versions of Xavier,Magneto,and possiblly
Mystique as well.Plus you may 2 characters from original trilogy only In future part.That poentially brings up to 15+Sentinles.That would be more characters than In the avengers.6 avengers(Iron Man,cap,Hulk,Thor,Black Widow,hawkeye) 3 from Shiield(Nick fury,Maria hill,Coulson) Loki,Selvig,and peper cameo brouht It to 12.If there are 7 returing actors In future that would bring It to 16.Now they might drop Angel and riptide for a new henchman and also drop Moira from film.They could have a new mutant or 2 In cameos In future but with a possable large returning cast they aren't going to be able to flood the film with new characters and give returing cast members focus and stuff to do.This Isn't lord or the rings or hobbit with a 2 hour and 40 mintutes to 3 hour running time.We will be lucky If we get without counting credits 2 full hours.

Bishop or Cable would take attention away from returning cast members.Rachel Summers Is unlikely.If you have Polaris In fuutre you can never have her with havok In any future first Class era sequel.Maybe you could have brief appearance by forge If there Is physical time travel.You could tie to FF by having franklin Richards cameo.But then some here would complain about using him and not Rachel.

Returning cast from first Class and trilogy Is a pretty large cast.And I doudt next announcement would be for cameo.We don't need Last stand or origins problems with just adding bunch load of characters.

I know I am going to unpopular on these boards for this but I continue to believe with a possable large cast returing ffom first class and several returnees from trilogy the odds
of any major new characters are slim.New characters Is a thread better for X-Men sequels thread.Some will say well they always introduce new characters but you convently forget they never had to balance cast members from both first Class and trilogy in 2 timelines In same film plus they have to spend money on Sentinles.The Avengers Introduced only 1 new character-Maria Hill.And we still have target of assassination to Include.This Is 2 hour film with all the likely returnees besides target of assassination.

It's possible they would include a couple of cameos during the escape from the internment camp.

X2 managed to show Siryn, Colossus and Kitty during the mansion raid, plus that boy called Jones who first stumbled across the soldiers.

I have always said they should be careful with cameos, because they can cause continuity problems in the long term, but they might add a cameo or two if they wanted to show that it was more than just the X-Men/Brotherhood who were imprisoned.

Or they might not do that, if they felt it would be a distraction from the other characters.

Agree about the danger with cameos. It would be better to just use a B/C-list mutant as a secondary role, instead of 3 or 4 cameos by well known characters.

a realistic approach of the apocaliptic future would be to have the alive x-men working with at least one new mutant, specially if his/her power is usefull in battle, or in another case, to achieve the time travel.

an unrealistic approach would be to have just actors from the original trilogy working alone to change that future.

Even the comic arc had two new characters like Rachel and Franklin, and two tv series had new characters helping Logan too, so Singer should show someway that the x-men from previous trilogy have spent some time with other mutants all these years or at leat the latest months before the very first scene of the movie.

Im sure most of us dont prettend Singer to give the spotlight to the new character, just to show that the x-men HAVE some help from another mutant, at least on one scene. Thats all, marvelrobb

Well techinally In original comic Frnaklin was older version of character already In comics.
They could do their first X-Men/FF crossover by having franklin In small role.I see little
chance of using rachel due to obvious problems.yeah they could throw one or 2 cameos
like they did In X2 but that also has poential for problems.That means any cameos can't be
in post DOFP films set before trilogy.It also depends how many original trilogy actors will be In films.As for any new characters in past besides target of assassination that might
come down to are Angel and Riptide coming back.If not they could give Magneto a new
henchman.Maybe Avalanche.

now that I think about it, most of us are waiting for next announcement of a returning actor, but what if the next casting news is the very first new character? :D

maybe its a bit soon, but would be great news to learn a new character is coming with this sequel

we'll probably hear something around late Feb/March, but would love to be surprised sooner :hrt:

They wouldn't probably announced which new characters are going to appear in the movie. We might get rumours and reports (especially during the start of the filming) about the new characters. But I doubt Bryan Singer is going tweet about it and say "here are the new mutants/characters that will appear in #DOFP".

I think he does have the potential to create a mega-hype to compete with Marvel Studios through the internet. He might drop hints.

Well techinally In original comic Frnaklin was older version of character already In comics.
They could do their first X-Men/FF crossover by having franklin In small role.I see little
chance of using rachel due to obvious problems.yeah they could throw one or 2 cameos
like they did In X2 but that also has poential for problems.That means any cameos can't be
in post DOFP films
set before trilogy.It also depends how many original trilogy actors will be In films.As for any new characters in past besides target of assassination that might
come down to are Angel and Riptide coming back.If not they could give Magneto a new
henchman.Maybe Avalanche.

no this should be negated by the fact that it is a future that by the end of the film wont occur, so there should be no harm i terms of using who thye want

I think he does have the potential to create a mega-hype to compete with Marvel Studios through the internet. He might drop hints.

In my opinion, they should create viral sites for these X-Men films or at least for Days of Future Past. I don't think its expensive and the movie would have more hype and buzz in the internet world.

Maybe they could release a secret teaser early, and wait for it to get around. Imagine the excitement around that!

In this day in age, its not like its mainly Spiderman and X-Men out there. Superhero films are so common nowadays that it needs some kind of hype!

Maybe have websites for mutant registration and/or Sentinel program...

You guys remember the mutantwatch.com website they had for Senator Kelly for X-men?

really good ideas on here.

any of you should create a topic for it, so maybe one of Fox workers read this stuff

You guys remember the mutantwatch.com website they had for Senator Kelly for X-men?

and the TV special that was like a conference for Kelly---glad that was included in some of the DVD's,

I wish the studios would do more of those type of things for the films...maybe a Sentinel announcement/production/capabilities conference...or mutant sightings-what to do if you see a mutant LOL...

and the TV special that was like a conference for Kelly---glad that was included in some of the DVD's,

I wish the studios would do more of those type of things for the films...maybe a Sentinel announcement/production/capabilities conference...or mutant sightings-what to do if you see a mutant LOL...

Haha I remember Kelly's daughter turning into a mutant with elongated neck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"