The Wolverine New director ?

Tacit Ronin

Avenger
Reaction score
Do you want Hood back or a new director ? Name directors if you want someone else.

I personally would like to see what Zach Snyder could do with Wolverine. Given it is R rated.

I want Singer... he gets Wolverine.... Singer could do it too... obviously he couldn't do First Class cuz of prior Obligations but I think he could have time to do Wolverine 2 and save it from what happened in the 1st one.

I would love to see Singer come back for Wolverine 2.

I'd also love to see what Zack Snyder can do when someone takes his R-rating away from him.

Id like Synder too... its just his name gets thrown around so damn much... though he is my tops choice for a director to Reboot Dragonball

I think Hood or Singer would be the best bets, though it would make sense that with the new Japanese setting, a new director would take their vision of who Wolverine is into account

The start date for Singer's Jack the Giant Killer has just been pushed to February 2011 since Singer wants more time in pre-production so if Wolverine films next year as rumored, Singer can't do it.

I just don't want another Wolverine film. :/

well Snyder was offered Wolverine but wanted Rated R and they said no so he walked LOL

get Edward Zwick he knows a thing about Samurai's

As long it's an established director (not Hood).

Same thing will probably happen with Rodriguez and Deadpool.

If that happens it will piss me off to no end.

By the way, nice Avy...brother. :woot:

If that happens it will piss me off to no end.
Rodriguez is pretty adamant about making his movies R. The reason he eventually left The Mask of Zorro. And Fox is has not been so adamant about R... but we'll see; they gave Predators to RR and let him make it R, so who knows, maybe just maybe they'll allow Deadpool to be rightfully R.

By the way, nice Avy...brother. :woot:
Thank you, brotha. :cwink:

From Variety:
Posted: Sat., Jun. 19, 2010, 4:00am PT

The biggest hurdle being faced by seasoned and even top-tier directors is the dearth of open directing assignments at the majors.

In recent weeks, an abundance of idle helmers chased less than a dozen open directing assignments: "Oz" at Disney, "Wolverine 2" at 20th Century Fox, "The Hobbit" and "Final Destination 5" at New Line, an untitled Jack Ryan project at Paramount, "Ghost Rider" at Columbia Pictures, "The Bourne Legacy" at Universal, and "All You Need Is Kill," "Clash of the Titans 2," "Godzilla" and "Snabba Cash" at Warner Bros. Though Warners is taking presentations for "All You Need Is Kill," the job will likely go to Doug Liman.
Source Link:http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118020832.html

^^The full article is a good read and illustrates how competitive the market has become between up and coming directors and established names.
Rodriguez is pretty adamant about making his movies R. The reason he eventually left The Mask of Zorro. And Fox is has not been so adamant about R... but we'll see; they gave Predators to RR and let him make it R, so who knows, maybe just maybe they'll allow Deadpool to be rightfully R.
I'd be surprised if Fox let any movie in their "Marvel stable' get an R rating. Maybe if Predators does well at the box office Rodriguez will have more creative freedom to do that with Deadpool.

I think the more important thing is not allowing Hugh to be a producer and have a say in the script and filming.

If the Blade movies were rated-R why couldn't Wolverine be then? it doesn't necessarily have to be loaded with F-bombs but with an 'R' we can really see Logan cut loose.

The studios afraid of low box office with an 'R', who cares? if the story is good then it can make back it's money on DVD sales.

Wolverine only made $179 domestic and many R movies have done way better than that. The Matrix was rated R and made only 8 million less than Wolverine and was released 10 years before it! If the movie is good and it is has an R rating, then it will do fine. There are plenty example of R rated movies making good buck.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/08/wolverine_director_david_slade.html

Eclipse Director Likely to Helm the New Wolverine Movie

Insiders tell Vulture that it's come down to two directors vying to call the shots on Fox's sequel to Wolverine: Twilight: Eclipse director David Slade, and Robert Schwentke (Flightplan, The Time Traveler's Wife). Both men have been approved by the studio's brass, and though Jackman will ultimately be the one to make the call after meeting with each next week, a well-placed source inside the production insists, "It's going to be Slade."

As for the plot, McQuarrie's last draft from January has us rejoining Logan in Japan, where we left him at the end of the first Origins movie. There, he begins a forbidden romance with a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage is, unfortunately, promised to another man. This being Hugh Jackman, of course, he doesn't take no for an answer. And, this being Japan, that doesn't go over so well. Soon enough, Logan must do battle with her furious father and samurai-sword-wielding brothers. Wolverine claws versus samurai swords? Truly, a geeky Sophie's Choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"