Choose a Director for the sequel

covenant

Civilian
Reaction score
I will get flamed for this but I would want Ang Lee back and just tell him to lighten up a tad. I want a actors director, like Singer, Raimi and Nolan, not some no name hack doing this.

If its a new director which I am assiming it will be as Marvel seems to want to seperate this a bit from the last movie.... Ridley Scott for a big name director or for an up and coming director, James McTeigue, the director of V for Vendetta. I still cant get over how amazing V was and you never saw his face.

Who would you like to see?

I wouldn't mind Ang Lee either, but they'll never let him near the project, nor does he want to do it.

Ideally someone like Raimi, Singer or Nolan, but obviously they're not available. I don't know, Michael Mann ?:eek: Heat and Collateral was great, he's never done something like that and he could create something special. At least his films has heart, and he is very talented.

Just a thought, cue the flaming:)

I wonder what Joe Johnston could do with Hulk. He's not a bad director by any means, and I think he could up the "fun" quotia on Hulk signifigantly.

covenant said:
I will get flamed for this but I would want Ang Lee back and just tell him to lighten up a tad.
Ditto. Marvel can tell him to make some changes, like settle Hulk's height to the first Hulk out, stick to one colour of green. And give a more traditional film ending(like his fake out ending in SF).

Won't happen though. Marvel will be gun shy and Ang will probably not wanna return after what happened with the first film(not just the mixed reaction but how Universal meddled).
Whoever they get, had better have made a few great films in the last 5-10 years. Not just big action films either, someone who's succeeded with drama and action would be best.:(

Johnathon Mostow or James McTiegue would do me fine. I would be extremely happy with both of them.

Alex god damn Proyas...

I saw in another thread John Woo mentioned... I actually really like that too. It would be taking a chance as he has lost his touch, but if was actually a Hulk fan, maybe that would give him the energy to revive his passion. Just no frakkin doves please.

Guillermo Del Toro, he did an excellent job with Blade II, Hellboy and Mimic.

IronMan_2005 said:
Guillermo Del Toro, he did an excellent job with Blade II, Hellboy and Mimic.
:up:... freaking love this guy, great director... has got to make Halo

Sava said:
Alex god damn Proyas...

I'm not picking on your opinion but - WHY?

what has he done that blew you away. I've never enjoyed anything he's done...

Spike Jonze or Michel Gondry! These guys would make an awesome Hulk movie!

Chaos Bringer said:
I'm not picking on your opinion but - WHY?

what has he done that blew you away. I've never enjoyed anything he's done...
Crow, I,Robot and that other film the Matrix riped off. In I,Robot the guy show's he can handle a CGI character, Sonny is probably better than Gollum when you think about it. THey didnt have a guy on set like they did with Gollum, Sonny didnt look anything like a Human and they didnt have the great Serkis (sp) either and managed to pull off a great CGI character like Sonny. Crow is just ... marvelous

Sava said:
Crow, I,Robot and that other film the Matrix riped off.
To be fair though, Matrix was ripping of alot of other things too. :p The Bible, Ghost in the Shell, A Better Tomorrow, Leon. Etc. I think it would be easier just to name films they weren't directly influenced by. :doom: heheh

In all seriousness. Alex Proyas would be good but he's already doing another film, he does films properly too(i.e. spending alot time focusing on one project). The film he's doing now is Knowing.

Guillermo del Toro is also busy with other projects.

Ions said:
To be fair though, Matrix was ripping of alot of other things too. :p The Bible, Ghost in the Shell, A Better Tomorrow, Leon. Etc. I think it would be easier just to name films they weren't directly influenced by. :doom: heheh

In all seriousness. Alex Proyas would be good but he's already doing another film, he does films properly too(i.e. spending alot time focusing on one project). The film he's doing now is Knowing.

Guillermo del Toro is also busy with other projects.
Marvel will probably get that guy who did night watch

It can be anyone really. Peter berg, Mc-g, Francise Lawrence

I think anyone will make it WAY better than the 1st. It would be cool if it were Steven "i cant spell my last name" spielberg.

covenant said:
I will get flamed for this but I would want Ang Lee back and just tell him to lighten up a tad.

Ever since "Brokeback Mountain" the male nudity, nut-shots and giant stone phallus really stand out in "Hulk" :down

I personally would like to see a director that maybe wouldn't normally do a film like Hulk. I know that's what Ang Lee's situation was & it didn't turn out to EVERYONE'S liking, but here are a few names I'll throw out...

M. Night Shyamalan
Tony Scott
Terry Gilliam
David Fincher
Brian De Palma

Just pulling names out of the air here...

De Palme has always been one of my top[ choices for the sequal.

Take what Ang set up with the emotionel Baggage and really send it into high gear!

Spawn187 said:
It can be anyone really. Peter berg, Mc-g, Francise Lawrence

I think anyone will make it WAY better than the 1st. It would be cool if it were Steven "i cant spell my last name" spielberg.

There's a problem that internet fanboys constantly forget though: A-list directors don't direct sequels to eachothers' movies. It's like an un-written rule that if you're making a sequel to a movie with an A-list director and you need to switch to someone else, you switch to an "up and coming" B-list director. That's just plain how the industry works, and therefor Hulk 2 being directed by the likes of Spielberg, Cameron, Jackson, or Scott is out of the question.

Obi-Ron said:
Ever since "Brokeback Mountain" - and giant stone phallus really stand out in "Hulk" :down
You mean it didn't stand out to you before Brokeback? :eek:

Ions said:
You mean it didn't stand out to you before Brokeback? :eek:

No, I certainly noticed it before, but I gave Ang the benefit of the doubt before - "oh, that rock? just a coincidence" . It's not as easy to do that now.

Sava said:
Crow, I,Robot and that other film the Matrix riped off. In I,Robot the guy show's he can handle a CGI character, Sonny is probably better than Gollum when you think about it. THey didnt have a guy on set like they did with Gollum, Sonny didnt look anything like a Human and they didnt have the great Serkis (sp) either and managed to pull off a great CGI character like Sonny. Crow is just ... marvelous

Sorry Sava, but in I, Robot, Alan Tudyk was on set in a green suit all of the time, and he acted out all of the scene's, just thought i'd correct you there, sorry:O

blind_fury said:
Spike Jonze or Michel Gondry! These guys would make an awesome Hulk movie!
:up:

I'd love to see a director that 'cut their teeth' making music videos. Cunningham or Glazer would be interesting too.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Sorry Sava, but in I, Robot, Alan Tudyk was on set in a green suit all of the time, and he acted out all of the scene's, just thought i'd correct you there, sorry:O
really, i saw in an interview Will Smith saying that all he had to interact with sonny was a ball, to show where his heard would be :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"