Choose a Director for the sequel

I don't remember the wrestling reference. I'll have to watch the DVD extras again, I haven't since it first came out. I do remember expecting them to have the Banner actor act as the motion-capture for the Hulk, so it couldn't have been too unheard of at the time.

And this just came to me... how about Andy Serkis as Banner? If WETA is involved with making TIH, he will doubtless be considered for the monster.

Obi-Ron said:
I don't remember the wrestling reference. I'll have to watch the DVD extras again, I haven't since it first came out. I do remember expecting them to have the Banner actor act as the motion-capture for the Hulk, so it couldn't have been too unheard of at the time.

And this just came to me... how about Andy Serkis as Banner? If WETA is involved with making TIH, he will doubtless be considered for the monster.
Yeah I haven't watched those extras since I first got the dvd set. But I always remembered that, as it left me feeling greatful that a wrestling Hulk never happened.
Hmm, would Andy have the star power to lead the film? Although I guess if Hulk shows up more often it could work since it won't just rely on him as Bruce. He's definitely more fitting than Jim Caviezel or any other naturally good looking actor people are recommending. Fitting a good(chemistry wise) opposite as Abom would also help.

If Eric is hired for Banner, Andy should be Hulk. Show him the comics, and let him loose. The guys dedicated! Check out the extras with Kong, he put in more effort than the rest of the cast seemed too. :up: I have no doubt he'd do a better job than Eric or whichever ILM staffer who would do the cgi if things turn out bad.
Weta doing Hulk and Andy doing Hulk would be too good to be true. :(

WETA should have done Hulk but Universal gave ILM Hulk in the 90's, i dont think they would take Hulk away from ILM and give it to WETA, that would mean having to creaye Hulk all over again, that would just cost too much.

Sava said:
WETA should have done Hulk but Universal gave ILM Hulk in the 90's, i dont think they would take Hulk away from ILM and give it to WETA, that would mean having to creaye Hulk all over again, that would just cost too much.
It's possible if their techniques(and their software) has changed that ILM will need to recreate the Hulk model. The old model may not have the detail necessary. A long shot I know, but it's possible if they are working on more detailed models they could just start from scratch to better implement new techniques. Rather than trying to scavenge a 5-6 year old model. I also think most of their work goes on shaders and skin/hair/body/muscle simulation than actually the model of Hulk. Infact they have nice programs that can scan a sculpt into a 3d model. Alot of that stuff(simulations and shaders) was created for Hulk and would of eaten alot of the budget.
Weta probably have some nice simulation code already made for Kong that can be used for Hulk(although i'm just speculating about this, I don't really know).
Still we won't know how this will be handled till after the directors announced. And they make their decisions.

Obi-Ron said:
In my opinion that's a point against the original movie. Bana should have been Hulk.

It really didnt matter. Ang did a great job.

Ions said:
It's possible if their techniques(and their software) has changed that ILM will need to recreate the Hulk model. The old model may not have the detail necessary. A long shot I know, but it's possible if they are working on more detailed models they could just start from scratch to better implement new techniques. Rather than trying to scavenge a 5-6 year old model. I also think most of their work goes on shaders and skin/hair/body/muscle simulation than actually the model of Hulk. Infact they have nice programs that can scan a sculpt into a 3d model. Alot of that stuff(simulations and shaders) was created for Hulk and would of eaten alot of the budget.
Weta probably have some nice simulation code already made for Kong that can be used for Hulk(although i'm just speculating about this, I don't really know).
Still we won't know how this will be handled till after the directors announced. And they make their decisions.
seeing as how ILM have had Hulk for so long, i doubt they'll let him go, even James Cameron is going to WETA now, that must really piss them off

Sava said:
seeing as how ILM have had Hulk for so long, i doubt they'll let him go, even James Cameron is going to WETA now, that must really piss them off
It really depends on how Marvel is planning to handle their cgi. Which studio they will pair up with. ILM having a good relationship with Universal is no longer important now they are only handling the release of the film. Since Marvel is getting the funding, they will choose to go where they want. Although I find it difficult to believe they would work with Weta(seeing as they are down in Wellington, a long way from the U.S.).

I think Marvel will stick with ILM for this next film. We really dont know how much CGI they are going to use though as we dont know what the Hulk is going to be (man in a suit or CGI) yet. I see the 12th went by without a whisper, what a surprise!

Ions said:
It really depends on how Marvel is planning to handle their cgi. Which studio they will pair up with. ILM having a good relationship with Universal is no longer important now they are only handling the release of the film. Since Marvel is getting the funding, they will choose to go where they want. Although I find it difficult to believe they would work with Weta(seeing as they are down in Wellington, a long way from the U.S.).
yeah, ILM it is IMO, its not like they f**ked up or anything either

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I think Marvel will stick with ILM for this next film. We really dont know how much CGI they are going to use though as we dont know what the Hulk is going to be (man in a suit or CGI) yet. I see the 12th went by without a whisper, what a surprise!
they already said they'll say who it is in Comic Con

Sava said:
yeah, ILM it is IMO, its not like they f**ked up or anything either

And after seeing POTC 2 i think we should stick with ILM, CGI in that was AMAZING

Sava said:
they already said they'll say who it is in Comic Con

Oh right, i thought they were announcing it before.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
And after seeing POTC 2 i think we should stick with ILM, CGI in that was AMAZING
havent seen it

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Oh right, i thought they were announcing it before.
its just an extra week

GO and see POTC 2 Sava, the effects are superb and it is a good fun movie as well.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
GO and see POTC 2 Sava, the effects are superb and it is a good fun movie as well.
Wait, are there cgi characters that are on screen for large periods of time? Or is it like the first film, with some short scenes then some longer ones at the end? It's easier to use less cgi and pump the same money into it. Reaching a much higher quality cgi. Hulk and Abom will be on screen alot. Often being the only things on screen I would imagine.

Ions said:
Wait, are there cgi characters that are on screen for large periods of time? Or is it like the first film, with some short scenes then some longer ones at the end? It's easier to use less cgi and pump the same money into it. Reaching a much higher quality cgi. Hulk and Abom will be on screen alot. Often being the only things on screen I would imagine.

Well Davey Jones and his crew are on screen often, Davey Jones himself is only 80% CGI and there are some completely CGI characters as well, like the hammerhead shark head guy (who is really cool looking BTW). The Kraken is also CGI but isnt on screen that much. Great movie though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"