• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight New Joker Details

2) guy is getting a drink poured to him by the bartender, cut away to Joker breaking in with his goons and saying something, cut back to bartender gone and instead Batman is pouring the guy his drink.
if nolan doesn't do this one he will lose my trust forever

Wouldn't be much of a summer blockbuster with Joker if it wasn't. :o

another plot to destroy gotham? yay :dry:
The thing is you can't really have a blockbuster superhero movie without one. The kick ass part about TDK is that it goes SO MUCH further than that.

The Gotham Destruction is largely a ploy, the Harvey Dent angle, the targetting of key individuals, the Joker vs. Batman showdown.

Every single element that you could ask for, its there. And whether this is true or not, I can easily see this blowing Begins out of the water, and making BB3 nearly impossible to meet expectations.

Oh man, ok, just thought of this...

This is a party, right? For all the "A-listers" of Gotham? And the Joker crashes it? I don't know about you, but this seems like the perfect time for Joker to show up dressed like this:
JLA.Ross.joker.af.all-01.jpg

Joker's extremely vain and it's likely he'll probably say something about not being invited or something of the like. Classic Joker, in and out. The potential is there

Now that would be sweet.........That could make the scene

i can see how you'd think that, if your completely void of imagination.
Surely.

If you can find me story that will translate on film, to the epic scape which a movie like TDK requires, then I will accept that. Simply put, as far as I'm concerned, there are great Batman stories told that aren't necesarily "city in peril" type stories, but on paper those stories lack dimension. The Killing Joke is a fantastic grpahic novel, but even if extended, it wouldn't make a great Batman movie because the scope of it isn't great enough. It's a Batman vs. Joker story, where you delve into the psychosis of the chracters. Its fantastic, but a movie it is not.

When you create a comic book movie, you are not basing it around a canon. Sure many storylines work wonderfully in the comics, but so much of that is because it belongs to a canon, where it is firmly extablished, and smaller, less important stories can be told because the scope of the character is still there, thanks the the history that surrounds it.

Hence why when one creates a film, this scope has to be incorporated entirely, so that every level of the comic reaches the audience on some level. So many elements of Batman's history will be present in TDK, but it needs to be ona truly epic scale to incorporate all of them, to invest the characters into the story.

Take Batman Begins. Sure the climax is the "city in peril" but so many of those other stories are encapsulated within the movie.

An origini, a one on one, a master vs. student, a lvoe interest etc. etc. etc.

So many of these are focuses of single comics, however to create a movie that brings all of them together, you need a backdrop large enough to paint all of them on.

So if you want to tell me I lack imagination, thats fine and dandy, however I still maintain that without a threat to the people at large, that any superhero has sworn to protect, that you cannot create a good superhero movie. A great superhero story perhaps, one that would work great in a comic, or a TV series, sure, but a movie . . . I personally doubt that very much.

There has to be a city in peril for this one. You see, Joker isn't tryna destroy it because he just wants to, this is the ultimate battle between Joker and Batman! Joker embodies everything Batman wants to rid Gotham of, it really is a battle between Joker and Batman, but the city of Gotham is what is at stake here. Joker destroys Gotham then he rids Batman, if Batman rids of Joker then that will be a major major milestone to his cause.

Agreed. Joker doesn't have a goal per se, other than causing havoc. Do as much damage as you can, in as spectacular and colourful a fashion as you can. Judging by the rumours of "evacuation" scenes, it looks like he's going to be messing up Gotham real well.

This news makes me so excited about seeing it though! This scene in the penthouse is going to be beautiful! Batman crashing through the skylight in his bad ass suit, and we will get a one on one Batman and Joker confrontation! It's going to be superb.

Large plot spoilers

Someone mentioned the other day that a poster called TragicVillain at JustPressPlay had some new Joker details. I sent him an email, he says this comes from conversations with higher-ups in the production. Whether true or not its pretty nice info, here's the 2 posts he's given to JPP so far, there's another to come. Seems to dovetail nicely with the sides and other nuggets. Fairly spoiler heavy

http://www.justpressplay.net/movies/the-dark-knight/news/

the first thing could have been taken from reading the sides. the whole idea with the joker's ultimatum and the harvey dent angle, and a showdown at the penthouse, is awesome. i hope it's true.

and as far as batman's "spectacular entrance goes", he's got to break in through a skylight, come on.

^ and I hope that when he does come through the sky window, it will be just as awesome as when he came down the middle of the spiraling stairs at Arkham in BB. That scene was incredible.

I am worried about the Mansion, though. Batcave and all.

This is my first post, so not sure if it has been discussed, but based on the end of BB I'm guessing TDK takes place relatively soon after it, meaning the mansion would still be in the process of being rebuilt, so it would make sense that the penthouse is a temporary base of operations. I don't see Bats sitting on the card Gordon gave him for too long, which probably means Gordon is still LT. Gordon. Again, not sure if this has been mentioned, just my $.2.

if nolan doesn't do this one he will lose my trust forever
That thing with the bartender reminded me of that scene from Tombstone. You know, the one with the Cowboy in the opium den who puts Wyatt's gun into his mouth to smoke it, but get his head blown off. A moment like that in TDK would rule all.

I got the perfect plot for The Dark Knight.

Just take the Batman: TAS episode Christmas with The Joker and make it into a movie.

There, perfect. Except, you'd have to eliminate the "Robin" element of the story.

I got the perfect plot for The Dark Knight.

Just take the Batman: TAS episode Christmas with The Joker and make it into a movie.

There, perfect. Except, you'd have to eliminate the "Robin" element of the story.

That was one of the best episodes. Ironically, if you look at the first scarecrow episode from TAS, its virtually identical to the scarecrow plot from BB. Its like Goyer totally ripped off from that TAS episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"