New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rape can mean the improper use of something. It is not a term that just means an unwanted sexual act. Saying that they are raping the character is a valid use of the word.
Who taught you this? In textbook, dictionary or anything else have I have read does it state that rape can be used as a way to illustrate improper use of something.

The Sewer Lair (Under Construction)

PHOc6beLvJX2RV_1_m.jpg

Well, something is going right.

Well, something is going right.

This.

The film will, at least visually, be good.

That's typically what you can expect from a film Bay has worked on; director or not.

They seem to have taken lot of inspiration from the 80s cartoon as far as the characters are concerned, but that doesn't mean it'll be good.

We'll see though. SDCC will be VEEEERY interesting as far TMNT is concerned.

Who taught you this? In textbook, dictionary or anything else have I have read does it state that rape can be used as a way to illustrate improper use of something.

In more then one dictionary growing up. Suffice it to say the word is used in more then just forced sexual conduct. Tis all I'll really say in the matter here as I don't want to hijack the thread.

I posted this on another forum but I decided to repost here.

It's an idea I came up with for Shredder's backstory in TMNT, based on Tanin's suggestion.

There are multiple ways they could do it.

For instance they could keep the "Schrader" name and say that he comes from a military family or was in the military himself (either way, based in Japan) and that he joined and was trained by the Foot Clan; particularly, Oroku Nagi, whom affectionately gives him the name "Saki". From there, you could do either of the 2 variations on The Shredder's story: Yoshi stealing Tang Shen from Nagi, Or, Yoshi stealing Tang Shen from Saki. Then say that he betrayed and killed Nagi, blamed his death on Yoshi (causing him to flee to NYC), took over the Foot Clan and then militarized it (replacing traditional ninja weaponry w/ military weapons; acting "dishonorably"), perverting what the Clan stood for in the eyes of Nagi, Yoshi and Splinter. Then of course, have him go on to murder Shen and Yosh, setting in motion the creation of the Turtles.

As far as his connection to Kraang, Basically do what they did in the 1987 series and just say that, through connections he made with TCRI,, he came into the employ of Kraang, who offered him an army (mutant and/or robotic foot) and continued weapon supply for his services (i.e. capturing the Turtles).

Anyone here watch Turtles Forever? The Ninja Turtles from the 2003 reboot end up meeting the Ninja Turtles from the 1987 TV series. Utrom Shredder takes over The Technodrome and has Kraang & 1987 Shredder locked up. Then he goes to "Turtle Prime" to wipe out all Ninja Turtles in every alternate dimension. So the 2003 Ninja Turtles and the 1987 Ninja Turtles follow him to "Turtle Prime" where they team up with the original black & white Ninja Turtles from the graphic novels (and even Kraang, Kurai, and 1987 Shredder help out).

I have to say, that was the best episode/story arc of the 2003 reboot ever. It's available on You Tube for those of you who may have missed it.

As for this movie? Bay kinda lost me with the whole Colonal Schrader thing. He fixed some of what was wrong with the original script (ie: making the turtles aliens) but then he had to f**k with Shredder. I'm not nearly as excited for this movie as I should be for a TMNT movie.

Anyone here watch Turtles Forever? The Ninja Turtles from the 2003 reboot end up meeting the Ninja Turtles from the 1987 TV series. Utrom Shredder takes over The Technodrome and has Kraang & 1987 Shredder locked up. Then he goes to "Turtle Prime" to wipe out all Ninja Turtles in every alternate dimension. So the 2003 Ninja Turtles and the 1987 Ninja Turtles follow him to "Turtle Prime" where they team up with the original black & white Ninja Turtles from the graphic novels (and even Kraang, Kurai, and 1987 Shredder help out).

I have to say, that was the best episode/story arc of the 2003 reboot ever. It's available on You Tube for those of you who may have missed it.

As for this movie? Bay kinda lost me with the whole Colonal Schrader thing. He fixed some of what was wrong with the original script (ie: making the turtles aliens) but then he had to f**k with Shredder. I'm not nearly as excited for this movie as I should be for a TMNT movie.

We don't know if he'll be Colonel Schrader. People need to stop assuming that.

I mean really, that was probably the most complained about aspect of the script, outside of the Turtles being aliens.

Even thoguht they casted a white actor, I HIGHLY doubt he'll be "Colonel Schrader". At least, in the way he was in the original script.

I really do think it'll be more along the lines of what I said here:

There are multiple ways they could do it.

For instance they could keep the "Schrader" name and say that he comes from a military family or was in the military himself (either way, based in Japan) and that he joined and was trained by the Foot Clan; particularly, Oroku Nagi, whom affectionately gives him the name "Saki". From there, you could do either of the 2 variations on The Shredder's story: Yoshi stealing Tang Shen from Nagi, Or, Yoshi stealing Tang Shen from Saki. Then say that he betrayed and killed Nagi, blamed his death on Yoshi (causing him to flee to NYC), took over the Foot Clan and then militarized it (replacing traditional ninja weaponry w/ military weapons; acting "dishonorably"), perverting what the Clan stood for in the eyes of Nagi, Yoshi and Splinter. Then of course, have him go on to murder Shen and Yosh, setting in motion the creation of the Turtles.

As far as his connection to Kraang, Basically do what they did in the 1987 series and just say that, through connections he made with TCRI,, he came into the employ of Kraang, who offered him an army (mutant and/or robotic foot) and continued weapon supply for his services (i.e. capturing the Turtles).

Last edited:
I liked Turtles Forever but I wish they had gotten the 1987 voice-actors to voice their characters again. That was a letdown.

Apparently, the new Nickelodeon show for Season Two will have all the old voice-actors coming back for one special episode. :)

I liked Turtles Forever but I wish they had gotten the 1987 voice-actors to voice their characters again. That was a letdown.

Apparently, the new Nickelodeon show for Season Two will have all the old voice-actors coming back for one special episode. :)

Sounds fun!

cool avatar :) shame mine cant be bigger yet lol

Oruko Sachs?

If this Turtles movie couldn't suck anymore....

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/07/01...-incarnations/

He's no longer going to be named Oroku Saki but some guy named Sachs. WTF?!? :cmad::doh::barf::argh::wall::facepalm:

**** it. I'm going to buy the Blu-Ray set of the old movies and just enjoy those. Screw this movie.

Would you rather him, a white man, be named "Oroku Saki"?

At least Eric Sachs is clever take on the "Oroku Saki" name.

Also, based on Fichtner's response, he'll still have his japanese roots, in one way or another.

I really don't see the obsessive fanboy need to overreact to every bit of news, even if it is in favor of something fanboys complained about (Him being white and named Oroku Saki).

For example......

With the news of William Fichtner playing Shredder, I'm done with this movie. I HOPE it dies a painful death at the box-office and bombs first day. A freaking white Shredder? How the hell are you going to explain that when his name is Oroku Saki? This isn't "Rush Hour" where Juntao turns out to be Tom Wilkinson.

God, so much fail with this movie.

:whatever:

Last edited:
Would you rather him, a white man, be named "Oroku Saki"?

At least Eric Sachs is clever take on the "Oroku Saki" name.

Also, based on Fichtner's response, he'll still have his japanese roots, in one way or another.

I really don't see the obsessive fanboy need to overreact to every bit of news, even if it in favor of something fanboys complained about (Him being white and named Oroku Saki).

How you can defend this garbage is beyond me. :huh:

Like I said in the Shredder thread, I, personally, would just have Fichtner keep his mask on and still have him be named Oroku Saki. As long as I couldn't see his face, I could let it go, but to read this ****... I'm sorry but we fans have every right to be pissed, and to see some people just :whatever: at it and not feel like we're getting **** on by the people responsible for this lump of cow manure are like the same people who call the "Star Wars" prequels masterpieces or better than the OT.

Could have easily made him Bishop or Baxter Stockman, easily. Chose not to do it. I won't ***** because I have yet to see any footage, but man. I feel like I need to just transplant one of the actors from The Wolverine into this movie for the hell of it.

This movie is starting to remind me of CINO and being in this forum is starting to remind me of the old days when the hype came together to rebel against such a movie.

I really hope this movie great...... only so I can laugh my ass off at all the haters who *****ed before and are then singing its praises.

Mmkay. So I'm a hater because I disagree with the direction of the film? I guess I can't be NinjaTurtleFan anymore on here. I guess I'll go be something else or go by some other name then because I care about the thing that gave me so much childhood joy years ago and suddenly see it tainted by Bay and Liebsman.

I'm done trying to voice my opinions on here. I'll head to the Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Batman threads instead.

Mmkay. So I'm a hater because I disagree with the direction of the film? I guess I can't be NinjaTurtleFan anymore on here. I guess I'll go be something else or go by some other name then because I care about the thing that gave me so much childhood joy years ago and suddenly see it tainted by Bay and Liebsman.

I'm done trying to voice my opinions on here. I'll head to the Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Batman threads instead.

Ya know what. I won't even call you, or others, haters.

However, I do feel that many fans have hated on this film unreasonably since the beginning and particularly after the script leak and then script rewrite.

So many are quick to hate on what they see without giving it a fair shake.

This is not the first time we've seen the origins or even The Shredder, a big point of debate, changed up.

It has happened in the 2003 cartoon, and more recently in the IDW comic.

And the IDW twist on the origin has been widely praised.

Point being, I feel like people are quik to hate and judge this movie, not because they are changing things, but simply because they don't like who is involved. Also, it feels like people are ignoring the fact that things have been changed up before, just to have an excuse to hate on Bay and Co.

If Michael Bay wasn't producing this, I doubt the reaction would be as negative.

Last edited:
Ya know what. I won't even call you, or others, haters.

However, I do feel that many fans have hated on this film unreasonably since the beginning and particularly after the reboot.

So many are quick to hate on what they see without giving it a fair shake.

This is not the first time we've seen the origins or even The Shredder, a big point of debate, changed up.

It has happened in the 2003 cartoon, and more recently in the IDW comic.

And the IDW twist on the origin has been widely praised.

Point being, I feel like people are qucik to hate and judge this movie, not because they are changing things, but simply because they don't like who is involved.

If Michael Bay wasn't producing this, I doubt the reaction would be as negative.

got to kind of agree with this...the minute Bay's name was mentioned with this film it became a thing to hate.
If it was some other director that put forth this change no one would complain

You make admirable points but the sad reality is that they simply won't listen. And even sadder is when the film is a hit, it won't stand as some sort of objective measure but rather that the public will then be worth mocking.

Bay and his ilk are definitely the thing to hate on the internet and the internet makes a good habit of perpetuating this hate. Watch one video of this Jeremy Jahns character and see if he doesn't take every opportunity to spread the toxic perception and institutionalize the bay hate. I wouldn't even care if it was rational at this point but it's not(see pain and gain review). Long story short don't look for rationality from everyone on the internet when it comes to bay and his summer popcorn fare. It was kinda cool to hate him back before 2006 when the internet community was feeling itself out, but in 2007, he made a hit out of a dead genre property and in the same breath made an enemy out of the entire fan boy community.

Good point there with the name change. First you see people say a white guy can't have a Asian name, then when the name is changed phonetically, it's another complaint.

I still think it's funny that this film doesn't seem to have a writer or director yet if you lurk over into the Man Of Steel threads, that film doesn't seem to have a producer.
Classic selective fan rage.

got to kind of agree with this...the minute Bay's name was mentioned with this film it became a thing to hate.

I don't think that's true at all. Certainly the fan community would definitely feel that making the turtles aliens and turning the Shredder into a yellow skinned alien masquerading as a military colonel and turning the entire franchise into something else would be changes worth getting up in (metaphorical) arms about.

Whether the general public would have done the same is a different question. Would the general public even be aware if it hadn't been a high profile name with a questionable reputation attached publicaly stating these things. They'd probably be blissfully unaware for most of the movies production.

You make admirable points but the sad reality is that they simply won't listen. And even sadder is when the film is a hit, it won't stand as some sort of objective measure but rather that the public will then be worth mocking.

Bay and his ilk are definitely the thing to hate on the internet and the internet makes a good habit of perpetuating this hate. Watch one video of this Jeremy Jahns character and see if he doesn't take every opportunity to spread the toxic perception and institutionalize the bay hate. I wouldn't even care if it was rational at this point but it's not(see pain and gain review). Long story short don't look for rationality from everyone on the internet when it comes to bay and his summer popcorn fare. It was kinda cool to hate him back before 2006 when the internet community was feeling itself out, but in 2007, he made a hit out of a dead genre property and in the same breath made an enemy out of the entire fan boy community.

I don't expect many in Hollywood to take concepts like TMNT seriously but there are a few that could. Whatever your opinions on Man Of Steel I do believe Zack Snyder made changes which were well thought out and not abitrary. Ever since he said he was a fan of the original Mirage comics I wondered why no one suggested he do a TMNT picture. In fact there's a few names that I believe could be open minded enough to treat the property with a bit of respect.

I don't see why it had to be given to someone who isn't even fond of the property (he didn't like Transformers either) and his handling of Ninja Turtles is a lot worse. At very least he got the bare bones and superficial aspects of Transformers but did you read the leaked TMNT script? We're not talking about minor changes here but very drastic changes to pretty much everything for no reason other than simply "because". It certainly wasn't a TMNT movie and I don't think it even worked as a popcorn flick. I wouldn't wish that kind of crap on any fandom

First you see people say a white guy can't have a Asian name, then when the name is changed phonetically, it's another complaint.
That was never the complaint.

It was whether the casting of Fitchner meant that the characters ethnic background was changed. A lot of people assumed (correctly as it turned out) that it has been and this was a big deal as the characters ethnicity is actualy important to the story.

The odds that they could still make a remotely faithful version seem to decrease if he's not called by the original name or seemingly have connections to Japan leading people to make assume we're getting something the awful version from the leaked script. It's a leap but certainly not an outlandish one.

I still think it's funny that this film doesn't seem to have a writer or director yet if you lurk over into the Man Of Steel threads, that film doesn't seem to have a producer.
Classic selective fan rage.
It's generaly percieved that Bay has a big hand in the movies he produces, this movie does seem to have some of the tropes he's known for (not to mention actors he likes to work with) and for the most part he certainly talks as if he is very much involved in the whole thing as does the cast. Fitchner himself has twice made a big point that this is Michael Bay's TMNT movie and Bay's vision. It's not like we're naming based on nothing.

Last edited:

Just for clarification, I liked the 2009 Friday the 13th and the first Transformers.

Anyway, personally, when I first found out that Bay was attached to this, I felt trepidation. But then I found out he was just producing. And I felt, "Okay, that's not so bad. It'll have some money behind it and we'll get some decent effects. Let's see where this goes!"

Then I started reading news. They're aliens now. Not mutants. No wait, they're totally mutants again. Serious this time.

Foot Clan is some black ops guys. Uh...

Danny Woodburn is Splinter. Wait, what?

Megan Fox is April. Oh of course. Should've seen that one coming.

Fichtner is Shredder and his name is Eric. /tableflip

So yeah. At least for me, since I can't speak for anyone else, Bay's name didn't make me automatically hate this film.

All the news coming out FOR the movie is making me not really want to see it, ever. Even as a huge Turtles fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"