New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

One thing that you’ve been intimately involved with is The New Mutants, and they’re getting a movie from Fox.

“Yeah, I think they’re doing some reshoots right now.”

How much do you know about what their take is? Is it closer to your work?

“Yeah, it’s very much related to what Chris [Claremont] and I did. It starts from there and then it just runs with it.”

Were you involved at all, creatively?

“Well, I think if you look at the film as it currently stands, again, they’re doing some research to make it even more frightening, but what you’ll see is that I’m all over it and Chris is all over it. Even though they didn’t call me up and say “Hey can you do this for the film?” it’s in essence what we did in the comic, translated into the film.”
Final question: I wanted to ask about the whole Disney-Fox merger, with the Marvel characters coming home in a way. What do you think about the idea that the X-Men and the Avengers can now live on the same screen together?

Final question: I wanted to ask about the whole Disney-Fox merger, with the Marvel characters coming home in a way. What do you think about the idea that the X-Men and the Avengers can now live on the same screen together?

“I think it’s great, I mean I’m not an executive with ties to any one of the particular companies, but I think there’s gonna be some shake-ups, and I think it’s actually really good. I mean for the Marvel Universe, back under the same banner, it’s really good. I know with the shake-up recently at DC, that’s a whole other can of worms, which I can’t really get into. But as far as Marvel and Fox, I think it’s actually gonna turn out to be something more positive.”

EXCLUSIVE: Bill Sienkiewicz Talks ‘New Mutants’ Reshoots, ‘Legion’ Season 3, And The Disney-Fox Merger

One thing that you’ve been intimately involved with is The New Mutants, and they’re getting a movie from Fox.

“Yeah, I think they’re doing some reshoots right now.”

How much do you know about what their take is? Is it closer to your work?

“Yeah, it’s very much related to what Chris [Claremont] and I did. It starts from there and then it just runs with it.”

Were you involved at all, creatively?

“Well, I think if you look at the film as it currently stands, again, they’re doing some research to make it even more frightening, but what you’ll see is that I’m all over it and Chris is all over it. Even though they didn’t call me up and say “Hey can you do this for the film?” it’s in essence what we did in the comic, translated into the film.”

“I think it’s great, I mean I’m not an executive with ties to any one of the particular companies, but I think there’s gonna be some shake-ups, and I think it’s actually really good. I mean for the Marvel Universe, back under the same banner, it’s really good. I know with the shake-up recently at DC, that’s a whole other can of worms, which I can’t really get into. But as far as Marvel and Fox, I think it’s actually gonna turn out to be something more positive.”

EXCLUSIVE: Bill Sienkiewicz Talks ‘New Mutants’ Reshoots, ‘Legion’ Season 3, And The Disney-Fox Merger

You can really tell that BS is quite clearly intimately involved with the production...

They must be doing reshoots with the actors clones. Yep. That makes sense...

Movie's in post-production. But slugzilla knows better than that. He's got the best information, right? He's probably next to Josh Boone right now, getting all the best inside scoops to share on SuperheroHype.

Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Ordered To Series At CBS All Access From Josh Boone & Ben Cavell – TCA
the movie entered into post-production the very next week after filming ended, lol.
That doesnt mean they did reshoots. so yes, he's in postproduction, just like he has been since 2017 :funny:

So which movie is coming out? The one Boone filmed initially or the one the studio demanded?

So which movie is coming out? The one Boone filmed initially or the one the studio demanded?

There is only one version that exists & has been discussed for possible viewing. And it's the steaming pile that Boone dropped on the floor a long time back. Some people have seen it, and most seemed to think it stunk pretty bad.

He had left a pretty big mess, so the studio briefly had ideas of bringing in a massive, expensive cleaning crew that could possibly clean up what Boone had left there & turn the dump into dollars. But that couldn't be done for various reasons.

The studio doesn't really know what to do about the matter, and the new landlord is disgusted by it. So Boone's dried pile is just indefinitely sitting there on the floor, with a cheap rug hastily thrown on top of it.

Last edited:

In regards to the rumors of New Mutants heading to Hulu, Shuler Donner, who yielded production oversee of the project to Simon Kinberg, says that she’s “hopeful” that the teen-horror pic will receive a theatrical release. The pic is currently scheduled to hit theaters on Aug. 2. “They worked hard on it,” said Shuler Donner about the film’s production team, “I want to see it released (theatrically), I’d hate to see it thrown at Hulu.”

Whether New Mutants goes straight to Hulu or not; we’ve heard that those hard decisions will be made once Fox is completely in the Disney fold. As of right now, the pic is scheduled to be released theatrically.

finally honest interview.

The fate of the long-in development Gambit with Channing Tatum; its final result will be determined by the new Disney Marvel when it comes to fruition.
“it’s all in Disney’s playground and they get to decide,” said the producer.

Will she remain aboard the X-Men franchise as it comes into the Disney fold?
“I don’t know, I don’t think so, certainly in name credit, it’s up to Kevin (Feige),” said Shuler Donner, “I don’t know what Kevin is thinking, I think he’s still dealing with the wealth of characters and trying to make sense of it all.”

Wait, so the fate of these movies is in the hands of Disney execs?!?! That is insane! The Disney/Fox deal isn't complete yet! Disney absolutely positively can't have any say in what happens with these projects yet! That would be illegal! And anyone who says otherwise is a big stupid lying idiot! Especially that bamboozling trickster Slugzilla who's been lying all along despite everything he's said gradually being shown to be true!

(Sarcasm mode deactivated)

Last edited:
Wait, so the fate of these movies is in the hands of Disney execs?!?! That is insane! The Disney/Fox deal isn't complete yet! Disney absolutely positively can't have any say in what happens with these projects yet! That would be illegal! And anyone who says otherwise is a big stupid lying idiot! Especially that bamboozling trickster Slugzilla who's been lying all along despite everything he's said gradually being shown to be true!

Dude, You said nothing that was confirmed. At this point, it’s pure speculation

:funny: :funny:
these fans....

That was referring to the fans that dont believe Disney is having an impact on Fox already, and dont believe the bad behind the scenes word out here

You were wrong all this time :o.

Dude, You said nothing that was confirmed. At this point, it’s pure speculation
Oh really, even the Hulu release was first brought up by Slugzilla and now its in a LSD interview. Slugzilla actually have legit information and he just doesn't randomly post Twitter tweets posted by anyone that turned out to be fake.

but Storm and Jean will have an epic fight!!
the movie is masterpiece!!

xmenfilms said so too!
:funny:

Oh really, even the Hulu release was first brought up by Slugzilla and now its in a LSD interview. Slugzilla actually have legit information and he just doesn't randomly post Twitter tweets posted by anyone that turned out to be fake.

Nope. Slugzilla said that New Mutants being shelved. That's all. He didn't say it’s going to release on Hulu. He didn’t say anything explicit. I can do this too

I am sad to report that the decision has been made to completely shelve New Mutants.

Nope. Slugzilla said that New Mutants being shelved. That's all. He didn't say it’s going to release on Hulu. He didn’t say anything explicit. I can do this too

You aren't doing a very thorough job though. I don't care to go back through all of my posts (not worth the trouble), but I do recall taking quite a bit of flack from a bunch of users way back when I suggested New Mutants was being considered for a release on a streaming service like Hulu.

This was like a year ago or so, and at the time everyone thought the mere idea was ridiculous & several users tried to disprove me, dox me, insult me, etc.

So either you weren't really reading this thread at the time or you simply don't have a very good memory. I certainly wouldn't suggest you are being purposely disingenuous, as I like to think that most folks are generally well intentioned.

but Storm and Jean will have an epic fight!!
the movie is masterpiece!!

xmenfilms said so too!
:funny:

I'm going to shock you here. You may want to sit down.

While Dark Phoenix does have a few good action scenes, it is essentially a rehashed X3. And not a very good one either. Most I've spoken to seem to agree with my opinion, that it's only marginally better than Fox's first attempt at the Dark Phoenix story. Kinda pathetic.

dont worry, I wont be shocked. My comment was sarcarsm, just repeating the words of those fake tweeters posting the same tweet during the same day.

dont worry, I wont be shocked. My comment was sarcarsm, just repeating the words of those fake tweeters posting the same tweet during the same day.

I knew you were being sarcastic. I was merely joking around a bit.

I'm going to shock you here. You may want to sit down.

While Dark Phoenix does have a few good action scenes, it is essentially a rehashed X3. And not a very good one either. Most I've spoken to seem to agree with my opinion, that it's only marginally better than Fox's first attempt at the Dark Phoenix story. Kinda pathetic.

So it’s better than X-3?

thats not that hard, lol.

just giving Scott and Jean bigger roles would make it better than X3. the rest..... well, its a Kinberg script, dont expect too much lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"