New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'The New Mutants' started by Thread Manager, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1627523 Registered

The article actually made more hopeful for the film funny enough. I wonder what Slugzilla has to say about this.

2. SumT Registered

for f***** real. they are so lost. so lost.

3. Frankeh Registered

The article definitely doesn't make Fox look better. It makes them look worse. Cutting a trailer that doesn't represent the movie. Turning a complete movie (that supposedly "tested well") into something else because of another movie that was a success. Mess.com

4. Anonymous1213 Registered

What Slugzilla said isn't out of the norm for films. A director makes a movie that either the studio didn't like or that didn't test well and they have to do reshoots for it. I don't think that paints Fox in a bad light.

Now re-doing a whole damn movie that is supposedly good because you cut a trailer that's not represented of the film that you've made. Mess.

5. 1627523 Registered

hopefully now that JB is at the helm they can make the horror new mutants i wanted from the beginning. Do u think they can bring back Jon Hamm as mr. Sinister since it was JB idea in the first place.

6. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

How reputable is this Jon Hamm rumour? Is Hamm friendly with Boone? Has Hamm shown an inkling of doing a horror/comic book movie? Not just that, a *cameo* in a credit/post-credit of a comic book movie. Hamm’s name being thrown into the mix seems so random. Don’t even get me started on Banderas who’s supposedly not even playing the same character Jon was doing.

Mess.com/wtf

7. Ryan1210 Registered

Steven Weintraub

8. 1627523 Registered

i dont think its that hard to hide an actor in a movie hence why we never heard the Terry Crews was ever in deadpool 2 until we saw the trailers. Its a post credit scene so of course they're gonna keep Jon Hamm a secret.

9. 1627523 Registered

I think its safe to say that at this point Slugzilla has been pulling our legs this whole time. I feel stupid

10. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

The article was tldr for me, what did it say about Sinister?

11. Ryan1210 Registered

From what I've been reading so far they said the early reaction was good. But he got something right though...
    Maybe we'll know when they annouce the additional cast member(s).

#986 Ryan1210, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  12. imbruglia Registered

the trailer was basic and non eventfull.
    I don't buy that "the trailer reaction was so amazing, we're reshooting over 50% with delay of 1year and half for the finished film"

13. Drexelhand Registered

Hey may be, he may not be. If he isn't, well, I still feel like he would rather Boone's film be **** because of a dislike for Boone.

14. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

The question isn’t whether the studio is capable of hiding a Jon Hamm cameo.

The question is whether doing (what started as) a low budget horror movie for Josh Boone, where he is one of a few adults among a YA crowd, where he only shows up at the end, with a promise of a larger role in a sequel that might not even happen, is something Jon Hamm would do. Nothing in Hamm’s filmography (as far as I know) says he would.

Besides, the article said he ultimately pulled out lol

15. JP Smelly

Sneider is generally reliable.

16. slugzilla The Merry Mouse

That article gets a few things right. Mostly inaccurate though. Must not have very good sources. You don't change a film do to... It.. That's kinda goofy.

Mr. Sinister was never in this at any stage. And Boone is NOT in charge at this point. He may make a great movie, but he does not make a great superhero horror movie.

I am beginning to think some influential people are upset about the info that's been coming out. And this thread is getting a little more attention than I ever planned, so with that said, I think I should probably just shut up for a bit for the sake of my coworkers.

Peace out. For awhile at least.

#991 slugzilla, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  17. Erik Lensherr Registered

Yup. As I said at the beginning

18. Anonymous1213 Registered

"I spoke to people and they liked it but it wasn't on the level of a Deadpool or a Logan."

Right but Snieider's article claims that the movie tested as well as the first Deadpool.

Regardless of how anyone feels about Slugzilla there's A LOT of conflicting information going around. And again I'm not buying a studio wanting to reshoot 50% of a film that was supposedly okay. Yea sure of course some people could have liked it....but there were folks who liked Suicide Squad, BvS, JL etc. So yea I wouldn't be shocked if there were those who enjoyed what they saw from New Mutants but ultimately a studio isn't going to remake a whole film (that again is supposedly good) because of the response to a trailer or because of another movie. Like this film is being pushed back a year and a half and is being reshot. That's not normal. Period.

19. GuestStar2004 Registered

Well really if it tested as well as Deadpool then why would fox want to reshoot "50%" of the movie just to put who knows how much more money into the budget?

Seems like the most logical thing to do would just be to release it... so why the hesitation?

#994 GuestStar2004, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  20. 1627523 Registered

Can someone explain to me how test screening scores work? Are they like rotten tomaties?

21. Kahran Ramsus Super Moderator

Exactly. You don't delay a movie a year and a half and reshoot 50% of it if it "tested well." You just don't. That would be beyond stupid. I don't believe for a second it tested well given the delays.

22. Lip Registered

Can someone make a documentary about the BTS of the Marvel movies made by FOX? :p

I'd love to see it.

23. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

Next best thing.

24. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Jon Hamm was going to play SinisteR????

25. 1627523 Registered

No its fake Slugzilla debunked it. Sinister wasnt part of this film since the beginning..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.