New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

Believe me when I say that EVERYONE will be surprised by how diverse the cast of some of the upcoming Marvel films will be.

The truth of it is that very few characters are truly defined by their race & or even their sex. Actors have been cast, & will continue to be cast based on who is believed to be best for the role, regardless of any other factors.

There is no agenda beyond simply trying to ensure that our films can be enjoyed by as many individuals as possible, while at the same time staying as true to the source material as possible.

We love these characters too, and would never intentionally do anything to damage them, or make them unrecognizable to the fans, but sometimes things need to be adjusted for one reason or another. It's just the simple reality of the situation.

The last thing MARVEL needs to do is turn off its fan base by over race changing & gender bending. Its okay to a point but if they change the Fantastic Four or the more famous Mutants thats gonna be an issue. After End Game we might see a changing in the guard with DC slowly but surely finding its footing while the die hard fans slowly but surely turn on the MCU Star Wars style.

There is no brand loyalty so the MCU does gotta be careful. Anyone on top can end up on the bottom at any given time. Just ask LucasFilm

Its perfect;y fine being diverse but. There are plenty of diverse Mutants MARVEL can use without race changing or gender bending & not at the expense of beloved characters

Like I said there is no brand loyalty ask DC & LucasFilm

In a few years Disney might be blaming MARVEL & Star Wars for sales dropping & not just Star Wars if they turn off the MCU fan base so do your worst MARVEL lets go & that article is not just about whats in the title. The fans shunned Star Wars merchandise is MCU merchandise next after End Game ?

Star Wars and Marvel Comics Sales Drop Confirms Disney

Last edited:
Anya Taylor-Joy says her #XMen "New Mutants" character is "a bad ass ***** from Hell" (Watch)

from twitter Scott Bechtel‏ @ZOMBIEHIGHX23
"No I don't know when. The biggest problem has been getting the cast back for the extensive amount of reshoots. I do know the biggest hold back as well was from the Anna Taylor-Joy camp. Her and her people were not fond of the time they would be putting into this again"
"It was never an on set thing. It was always a after the fact deal from what I heard."

So I wonder if they have decided to scrap the reshoots and just release the Boone cut?

Wow, it's almost like these "insiders" are just now hearing the things I was telling you all about months ago... Funny how that works...

It is a shame that Kinberg seems to be getting most of the blame for this whole debacle while Boone is walking away seemingly unscathed despite this being HIS brainchild. I can't help but wonder if JB is doing some selective leaking in an attempt to save his own hide?

And for those who STILL think this movie is being released, please don't get your hopes up. There's always a chance but it's really quite small at this point. I'd say there's maybe a 20% chance this sees official release. And that's if I'm being really optimistic.

How dare they do Anya so dirty

Anyone remember when I told you all about the issues with ATJ like 6 months ago? Anyone lol?

There were two main reasons why she was reluctant to come back for reshoots etc. One is a personal issue with someone else on the cast that I won't get into, but the main reason is that she's become quite the hot commodity in Hollywood, and her camp is quite invested in protecting her image. And for some odd reason, they really don't want her to have anything more to do with this project. How very peculiar....

So I wonder if they have decided to scrap the reshoots and just release the Boone cut?
Honestly, if the talk is about getting some money out of the project, it doesn't make sense to spend money on reshoots. Either they think the reshoots will result in a profitable film or they should release what they have.

apparently is Kinberg who doesnt like what Boone did.
if true, this is a joke, He's the main producer and agreed on Boone's vision on first place, and now he doesnt like it? yiiiiikes, this man is stupid in new levels

Last edited:
apparently is Kinberg who doesnt like what Boone did.
if true, this is a joke, He's the main producer and agreed on Boone's vision on first place, and now he doesnt like it? yiiiiikes, this man is stupid in new levels

Kinberg simply signed off on Boone's vision. Boone created a film so bad that EVEN Kinberg recognized just how awful it was after he had seen it.

But most importantly, let us not be led to believe that Kinberg was the only one who was disgusted by what Boone had presented. Most everyone that has seen it thought it was at the very least mediocre, and that is a very generous description of JB's steaming pile of horror.

When Boone's cut started circulating, he & the movie became something of a laughingstock at Fox. Everyone rightfully lost confidence in Boone.

Before Boone bamboozled Kinberg & the others, New Mutants was an entirely different movie. It was to be a BIG project. A culmination of years of work. The first non bastardized take on an X-Men team.

A wild mixture of Ferris Bueller, Zombieland, & the New Mutants. It was to be over the top, violent, ironic & hilarious all at the same time. This was a movie that would have easily topped any of the X-Men films that Fox has put out. This would've been something we could've built a franchise out of. But Boone came in, said he could do it on the cheap & of course Fox went with the cheaper, easiest option. Oh well. Twas not to be. Not yet at least....

Kinberg simply signed off on Boone's vision. Boone created a film so bad that EVEN Kinberg recognized just how awful it was after he had seen it.

But most importantly, let us not be led to believe that Kinberg was the only one who was disgusted by what Boone had presented. Most everyone that has seen it thought it was at the very least mediocre, and that is a very generous description of JB's steaming pile of horror.

When Boone's cut started circulating, he & the movie became something of a laughingstock at Fox. Everyone rightfully lost confidence in Boone.

Before Boone bamboozled Kinberg & the others, New Mutants was an entirely different movie. It was to be a BIG project. A culmination of years of work. The first non bastardized take on an X-Men team.

A wild mixture of Ferris Bueller, Zombieland, & the New Mutants. It was to be over the top, violent, ironic & hilarious all at the same time. This was a movie that would have easily topped any of the X-Men films that Fox has put out. This would've been something we could've built a franchise out of. But Boone came in, said he could do it on the cheap & of course Fox went with the cheaper, easiest option. Oh well. Twas not to be. Not yet at least....
What a disaster. :dry:

Again thanks for the info. Makes depressing reading but hopefully the future will be brighter.

Kinberg agreed on Josh Trank F4 vision. then he wasnt happy and jumped in to "improve it"
Kinberg agreed on Boone's NM vision. then wasnt happy and the studio wanted him to improve it.

same patern. Same studio ****, same guy to "save the movies". What a mess of a studio, man.... what a mess.

from twitter. X-Brickz‏ @BrickheadzX

"I'm not sure how much the original cut was the super powered horror film people were expecting. A friend of mine was in a test screening for New Mutants, and he said he didn't know that it was supposed to be a horror movie until he watched the trailer afterwards. /1"

"Without spoiling anything, he described it as "A romantic dramedy with a little Breakfast Club thrown in. Really lethargic pacing. Occasional bursts of PG-13 'scares'." /2"

I just asked him and he said "4.5/10, nothing offensive".

He said it wasn't "Catwoman bad", but mostly "awkward" and "boring" with a few good performances from some of the cast.

from twitter. X-Brickz‏ @BrickheadzX

"I'm not sure how much the original cut was the super powered horror film people were expecting. A friend of mine was in a test screening for New Mutants, and he said he didn't know that it was supposed to be a horror movie until he watched the trailer afterwards. /1"

"Without spoiling anything, he described it as "A romantic dramedy with a little Breakfast Club thrown in. Really lethargic pacing. Occasional bursts of PG-13 'scares'." /2"

I just asked him and he said "4.5/10, nothing offensive".

He said it wasn't "Catwoman bad", but mostly "awkward" and "boring" with a few good performances from some of the cast.

That's an interesting interpretation. Sounds about right aside from the idea that there's much romance involved...

many viewers/fans found X1 boring, even today, some general fans find Bryan's X-Men movies boring. So I dont take that description as a bad sign per se.

What to some may be boring, maybe to me its real and good character development, and honestly, I care more about that than actual horror elements. What I care about the most its the characters, not the tone.

many viewers/fans found X1 boring, even today, some general fans find Bryan's X-Men movies boring. So I dont take that description as a bad sign per se.

What to some may be boring, maybe to me its real and good character development, and honestly, I care more about that than actual horror elements. What I care about the most its the characters, not the tone.

Unfortunately that synopsis did not really cover all of the movies issues. One of its biggest problems is that the movie lacks what I guess I would call "heart". There's almost nothing there to make you invested in or care about the characters.

And while the actors are technically portraying the New Mutants, they aren't really themselves. Yes, Rahne is a repressed Scottish girl with short hair & werewolf powers, but that's about where it ends. There's very little depth to any of the characters beyond establishing where they come from, some simple character flaw that defines them & what their powers are.

Kinberg agreed on Josh Trank F4 vision. then he wasnt happy and jumped in to "improve it"
Kinberg agreed on Boone's NM vision. then wasnt happy and the studio wanted him to improve it.

same patern. Same studio ****, same guy to "save the movies". What a mess of a studio, man.... what a mess.

The thing is that Fant4stic was a deeply flawed movie before Kinberg ever got involved. And the same goes for New Mutants. Trank & Boone fudged both those movies up something awful before anything was ever altered. While Fox was happy to release Fant4stic after some changes, they've put the breaks on New Mutants all together. That should tell any objective individual everything they need to know about New Mutants. The whole situation is kinda pathetic..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"