New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

Yeah, I hope we actually see this movie but at this point... it ain't coming to theaters and who knows what Disney will do to it. The sad thing is I still am convinced it's better than Dark Phoenix just judging by who made it, but I suspect we may never find out at this rate.

Well at one point I thought Josh Boone would deliver unlike Simon Kinberg, who I have zero confidence whatsoever in delivering a good film on his own.

Yeah, I hope we actually see this movie but at this point... it ain't coming to theaters and who knows what Disney will do to it. The sad thing is I still am convinced it's better than Dark Phoenix just judging by who made it, but I suspect we may never find out at this rate.

Don't worry, everyone will be able to see Josh Boone's "masterpiece" one way or the other....

Don't expect it to be better than Dark Phoenix or any other X-Men related film or you will be highly disappointed.

D2mMlLwX4AANiog.jpg

This film was shown to the decision makers at Disney at least 6 months ago. I'm not aware of any recent or upcoming screenings. As of right now, my understanding is that theatrical release is out of the question, but release via some streaming format is looking like the most likely option.

Dump it to streaming.

And the another thing is if they rebooted this into the mcu and they gave the new mutants their own film, I don't want them to give the film another title other than The New Mutants just because the FoX film eXist.

releasing movies at streaming site is still considered "dumping"? I thought times changed and this is supposed to become the new norm anyhow?

Yes. Especially if a film was originally set for a theaterical release. its like a straight to DVD release but online. And if the film is predicted not to do that well at the box office, they sette for streaming to cut costs. Also movies made for streaming still have a production budget lower than a blockbuster film. And there's more prestige going out of your house and going to a mall/place to watch a movie with strangers, than just to open a movie/streaming app in the comfort of your room/hand.

Last edited:
releasing movies at streaming site is still considered "dumping"? I thought times changed and this is supposed to become the new norm anyhow?

Not if it was made with streaming in mind. Something like New Mutants would clearly be dumping it.

I wouldn't spend another single dime on marketing this movie. Just quietly release it on Disney+.

It's crazy they released a teaser over 2 years ago and we haven't gotten anything sense.

LoL

The movie was never removed from its theater release schedule. So It was already on release schedule.. what's next? OMG NM is on IMAX release schedule!.

It was and is"officially" slate for theater release in August.
Now If disney will keep it is next thing.

so 4 months left to its premiere, and still no second trailer and literally 0 promo.

ok, then :funny:

You guys act like as if a theaterical release was just an option for this film in the first place and The release date/s given by the studioo were intended to be changed/abandoned, so if its gets released in theaters, that shouldn't come across as good news.

That being said, this confirms nothing. Dark PhoeniX already started the promo train and for a film that is said to be part of the same series, we should have already seen more especially in conventions.

and Kinberg doesn't know when it is coming out. So the August date is definitely not gonna happen! Slugzilla is only proving himself right with these delays.

I don't think anyone is expecting New Mutants to be heavily promoted by now. Hellboy released the first trailer and promotional material four months before release date. Shazam had a second trailer a month ago and the movie comes out this week. I'm still waiting for the first Ad Astra trailer or even poster at this point before it supposedly comes out in late May. So after all the rumoured production problems and management swift there's nothing shocking about the absence of marketing in this one.

Personally I don't see it in Disney+ at all. Why would one of Disney's first movies in their upcoming platform be a non-MCU one that will never get a sequel and that they're reportedly not happy with in the first place? They've kept their distance from Marvel TV and the Netflix shows and they're pretty much part of their cinematic universe. I just don't see them throwing New Mutants in there. Hulu is the most realistic streaming choice from where I stand but in theatres it would probably be more profitable for them. Even if it tanks, which it probably will especially given the lack of marketing, they only have money to win since they never spent a dime in production. Minus some pocket change in the inevitable promos of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"