• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

I can't help but sympathize with both sides of this argument. However the theatrical release of New Mutants is something of a double edged sword unfortunately. It's very good in the short term for those that wanted to see this on the big screens, but on the other hand it suggests that Disney has no plans for the New Mutants characters in the MCU at any point in the near future. We'll likely have to wait another twenty or so years until we see these characters in the MCU (Assuming we ever see them) , which is a real shame.
I really hope they keep Anya on the Deadpool-verse since they confirmed that Deadpool movies will be under 20th Century Fox logo. She had a contract for X-Force right?

I can't help but sympathize with both sides of this argument. However the theatrical release of New Mutants is something of a double edged sword unfortunately. It's very good in the short term for those that wanted to see this on the big screens, but on the other hand it suggests that Disney has no plans for the New Mutants characters in the MCU at any point in the near future. We'll likely have to wait another twenty or so years until we see these characters in the MCU (Assuming we ever see them) , which is a real shame.

Marvel rebooted Spider-Man two years after The Amazing Spider-Man 2. If it takes 20 years to reintroduce the New Mutants, it isn’t because of this film.

I really hope they keep Anya on the Deadpool-verse since they confirmed that Deadpool movies will be under 20th Century Fox logo. She had a contract for X-Force right?
I think all of X characters has to legally stay under the 20CF label to prove to the government that the merger is vertical and not horizontal.
Disney can’t legally move any existing Fox product to another Disney own studio.
Disney has to demonstrate that 20CF is a different type of business from other Disney business. This is why Star Wars has to stay under the LucasFilm label.
If Disney would’ve moved any Fox product to Marvel or Pixar or Lucas, it would have become an illegal horizontal merger, because it’s illegal to merge the same type of business.
The way this merger is setup, 20CF operates independently from other Disney studios. This is also true of Marvel, Lucas, Pixar and Walt Disney Studios. They all operate independently with the same parent company.

I think all of X characters has to legally stay under the 20CF label to prove to the government that the merger is vertical and not horizontal.
Disney can’t legally move any existing Fox product to another Disney own studio.
Disney has to demonstrate that 20CF is a different type of business from other Disney business. This is why Star Wars has to stay under the LucasFilm label.
If Disney would’ve moved any Fox product to Marvel or Pixar or Lucas, it would have become an illegal horizontal merger, because it’s illegal to merge the same type of business.
The way this merger is setup, 20CF operates independently from other Disney studios. This is also true of Marvel, Lucas, Pixar and Walt Disney Studios. They all operate independently with the same parent company.
This is all wild conjecture on your part and as far as I know there is no document or any article supporting it. Got any example?

Because you spreading fake news & rumours. And THAT is proven now. Everything you said has been proven wrong. Disney has confirmed! Nothing you say can change that fact.

I knew it from the beginning.

Some things he said before anyone else came to pass (no reshoots), maybe it was pure guess on his part but you can't say everything was proven wrong.
At the very least it seems like he has a somewhat in-the-know source, more probably he really worked on the movie among the pre production crew, hence not being privy to everything.

Anyway, let's see, I still expect this to NOT come out.

@Erik Lensherr won't give Slugzilla any credit even if his scoops were proven true before. Why bother eXplaining? Its the same guy who gave Infinity War a score of 1 out of 10. Bad news/scoops regarding about foX films are all fake to him.

I can't help but sympathize with both sides of this argument. However the theatrical release of New Mutants is something of a double edged sword unfortunately. It's very good in the short term for those that wanted to see this on the big screens, but on the other hand it suggests that Disney has no plans for the New Mutants characters in the MCU at any point in the near future. We'll likely have to wait another twenty or so years until we see these characters in the MCU (Assuming we ever see them), which is a real shame.
The logo appearing in the convention does not confirm that it would be released in theaters imo. They still could easily release it in streaming.

And yeah I don't want the 1st New Mutants theatrical film to be completely different from the comics and that its going to be a bad film. The fact that they let it delay for more than a year and didnt bother to do reshoots is just baffling and there's zero promotion for the film this year, no new footage/poster whatsoever and it is supposed to come out in the neXt four months? Either they are gonna let it come/go in theaters in August without much promotion or there's another delay or "bad news".

Last edited:
This is all wild conjecture on your part and as far as I know there is no document or any article supporting it. Got any example?
Maybe wild conjecture, but google vertical or horizontal mergers and the laws about merger. The law is clear, companies can’t merger if they are in direct competition. That is why Disney keeps Marvel, Lucas, Pixar and Fox separate from each other. It’s illegal to buyout the competition unless the two entities remain a separate operation.

Last edited:
I worked on this movie before it was ever even greenlit. Before Boone was ever involved. I first became involved not too many years after X3. I was there when it was a spin-off off meant to focus on the younger characters from the X-Men films. I was on set every day during shooting, & remained on the project until about 6 months ago, when I moved on to working for a studio that some would say is somewhat "cheesy"....

Since I left the film I have been relying on the word of a couple people I met on the set that were to the best of my knowledge still were still at Fox.

I guess my sources here aren't nearly as reliable as my fox people, since I'm still kinda new here.

It was never my intention to decieve anyone, but rather share info that I believed to be true. And practically everyone here was under The impression that New Mutants wasn't making its way to theatres.

I have no problem saying that I was wrong to assume that the word going around was wrong, assuming it is. With that said, I still think there is a possibility it might not hit theatres, & everyone would be wise to not get too excited or upset [Depending on what you want to happen with the movie] before we get some sort of absolutely unquestionable confirmation either way.

Maybe wild conjecture, but google vertical or horizontal mergers and the laws about merger. The law is clear, companies can’t merger if they are in direct competition. That is why Disney keeps Marvel, Lucas, Pixar and Fox separate from each other. It’s illegal to buyout the competition unless the two entities remain a separate operation.
You dismantle your own argument, Disney and Lucas were not competitors and are kept separate just for practicality and brand awareness. Same as Pixar.
Just wait until Marvel produces X-Men without the Fox logo anywhere to be seen: producers deals (Shuler-Donner and Kinsberg) are separate from studios.

I wonder if in the scenario that Fox couldn't just be entirely dissolved that it would prevent Disney from taking the Fox Marvel properties to Marvel studios as long as the Fox brand were still operating.

There would also be the question of the nature of the Fox Narvel license and whether they would revert due to the vhange in ownership anyway.

I’m assuming if this does make it to theatres, it’s going to be in its current guise?

They’re definitely not going to pour money into those reshoots.

Well they can still cut or readd filmed scenes that were originally cut but why bother if they already have a finished film and there won't be newly filmed scenes to be added to it.

If it gets released in theaters, I don't eXpect it get more than 3,000 theaters in America and like I said, its opening against Hobbs & Shaw and Dora. Opening at #3 is just gonna be a bad look as the final foXverse film and it probably won't gross more than Fant4stic. Like the people who wants to see it theaters can celebrate for now but come August, that won't be the case!

It doesn't matter how much money it makes since it's not going to get a sequel. I know I don't care. But I would like to check it out in theatres and New Mutants probably tanking doesn't affect me. Nor do I believe in the "hurting the brand" argument personally. We have many examples that proved good management can turn a franchise around no matter what came before.

I also don't see the New Mutants franchise in Disney's plans in the near future. And that's kind of putting it lightly. The MCU is extremely packed as is. Add there the entire X-Men and Fantastic Four universe and they won't know what film to produce first. I imagine New Mutants is pretty low in their priorities, regardless of the current iteration.

But so far we only know that this movie is still in Disney's plans. I personally wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed again. There was talk about moving it in September. We'll see how it goes if that's the case or even if it does go to streaming, which I always considered less profitable and therefore less likely.

I'm not taking anything for granted and I think people shouldn't act with such certainty on things they ultimately have no idea how that may turn out. Speculating, theorising or having confidence in whatever info is different than addressing something as fact. But I guess in the end people believe what they want to believe.

Also is Dora really expected to make any bucks?

Dora would likely attract kids/families while guys/dads and teenagers would likely flock to see Hobbs & Shaw. New Mutants would be that new horror film of the week that barely got any attention. And for a X-Men splinter and a Marvel property, the ip has the potential to be something bigger. This Josh Boone film doesn't eXude that potential and thats why I would rather wait for the Mcu version sometime in the neXt decade.

@Erik Lensherr won't give Slugzilla any credit even if his scoops were proven true before.

Which scoops? Slugzilla said New Mutants end up on Hulu, right? He was obviously wrong. That is proven now. What do you need more? It's okay when you still trust him, but nothing you say can change the fact that he was wrong. End of story.

In my opinion, he's just trolling us.

Well, it's nice when people can at least swallow their pride and admit they were wrong. Also, slugzilla, don't lump everyone into "practically everyone" was under the impression that the film wouldn't hit theaters. Some still believed it would, even if you yourself did not.

Which scoops? Slugzilla said New Mutants end up on Hulu, right? He was obviously wrong. That is proven now. What do you need more? It's okay when you still trust him, but nothing you say can change the fact that he was wrong. End of story.

In my opinion, he's just trolling us.

I never said the movie would absolutely end up on Hulu. That is an obvious misrepresentation of my posts. I said that it was my understanding that New Mutants would likely end up on a streaming platform of some sort. Which, by the way is the same thing that was being reported by The Hollywood Reporter and many other respected sources, after I first reported it.

Despite the rumors and conjecture that you are falsely depicting as absolute fact [that New Mutants will see theatrical release] the movie very well could still end up on a streaming service.

Somewhat ironically, nothing you claim to have been proven to be fact, is in reality an actual fact at this point. You are simply assuming it to be so.

Considering all of the outrageously negative comments you have made in this thread and many others regarding the MCU, and the absolute blind praise that you have heaped upon all things FOX related, I am left asking one question...

Whom is the real troll here? Hmm "Erik"?

Last edited:
Well, it's nice when people can at least swallow their pride and admit they were wrong. Also, slugzilla, don't lump everyone into "practically everyone" was under the impression that the film wouldn't hit theaters. Some still believed it would, even if you yourself did not.

I apologize, I don't think I was clear enough in the post I believe you are referring to. That wasn't the context in which my post was intended. I wasn't claiming that practically everyone here on these forums was under the impression that the film wouldn't hit theaters, I was referring to my co-workers "here" where I work now. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

You don't need to apologize to anyone.
I never said the movie would absolutely end up on Hulu. That is an obvious misrepresentation of my posts. I said that it was my understanding that New Mutants would likely end up on a streaming platform of some sort. Which, by the way is the same thing that was being reported by The Hollywood Reporter and many other respected sources, after I first reported it.

Despite the rumors and conjecture that you are falsely depicting as absolute fact [that New Mutants will see theatrical release] the movie very well could still end up on a streaming service.

Somewhat ironically, nothing you claim to have been proven to be fact, is in reality an actual fact at this point. You are simply assuming it to be so.

Considering all of the outrageously negative comments you have made in this thread and many others regarding the MCU, and the absolute blind praise that you have heaped upon all things FOX related, I am left asking one question...

Whom is the real troll here? Hmm "Erik"?
Just ignore him. he always throws around the word troll to anyone he disagrees with.

X-fans are as strange breed. Here is confirmation that a movie they haven't seen is going to be released in theaters instead of dumped on streaming, and their anger and distress is palpable.

(That said, I bet it gets bumped to September or October. August 2nd was always a rough spot for that movie even before it was going up against Hobbs and Shaw.)

X-fans are as strange breed. Here is confirmation that a movie they haven't seen is going to be released in theaters instead of dumped on streaming, and their anger and distress is palpable.
I just wanna talk about the damn movie man.
But this thread is so ****ing dumb, partially for the reason you stated. I don't understand y'all

Trailer with Endgame? So Disney push New Mutants... because they believe in the ideals espoused by the movie?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"