BvS Batman-Superman Movie in 2015

Dont really care to see batman and superman fight. Id rather see a team-up

In the comics, they fought all the time. And it only reinforced the idea they should be on the same side.

No, they didn't. It's only happened a few times at most. The majority of time (starting way back in the 60's) they were friends, and they actually liked each other for the bulk of that time. It's only in recent years they have had any kind of adversarial relationship, and even that is tempered with a grudging respect for each other. I could probably count on one hand the number of times the directly fought each other, with a couple of fingers left over.

No, they didn't. It's only happened a few times at most. The majority of time (starting way back in the 60's) they were friends, and they actually liked each other for the bulk of that time. It's only in recent years they have had any kind of adversarial relationship, and even that is tempered with a grudging respect for each other. I could probably count on one hand the number of times the directly fought each other, with a couple of fingers left over.

I stretched a bit for hyperbole, and I am more taking about my experience with the books. I grew up with Hush and The Dark Knight Returns, not to mention the Justice League, Batman and Superman Animated Series where Batman and Superman were confrontational at times. My point is Batman and Superman fought, and it always lead to a deeper and stronger friendship; kind of like an old married couple. I didn't mean to imply the Batman shook of the gloves every time he saw Superman enter the room, I just imagine the two of them fighting as a unique and integral part of their modern relationship.

But hey, thats just like my opinion man.

You know what's going to be odd? Zack Snyder is directing this, which means he'll be bringing back Hans Zimmer to score. If this Batman is supposed to differ from Nolan's trilogy, won't the music feel out of place? I really hope they don't make him do ANOTHER new Batman theme because I loved his music in the trilogy.

if anything, a Zimmer score for a rebooted Bats would prevent TDK from feeling more in tune with MOS, what with its Zimmer score.

This Batman will (hopefully) be about different things than TDKT's batman; hopefully his musicial themes can reflect that and be different than TDKT's.

A fight is gonna happen it's almost inevitable. Look how popular the Iron Man-Thor-Cap or Hulk vs thor fights were in the avengers.

Especially with the rumor of this film being called "Batman vs Superman" there's no way i'd bet against a fight happening.

In Avengers at least Cap did not fight someone with super speed and heat vision to add to his invulnerability and super strength
I still hope they make it more like the comic I mentioned, and don't make them engage in a fight

I wanna see this happen: Well not all of it of course.

[YT]U5nUsa8ZLm4[/YT]

Superman peeking under the cowl then Batman puts tracking device they both finding out their identities.

In Avengers at least Cap did not fight someone with super speed and heat vision to add to his invulnerability and super strength
I still hope they make it more like the comic I mentioned, and don't make them engage in a fight

Batman and superman have engaged in numerous 1 on 1 fights in recent years at least dating back to TDKR. They have a lot of material to draw inspiration from to make it work on screen

People would want to see them engage in battle (at least at first) it's just natural.

I have to say, "Batman vs. Superman" does sound like a kind of video gamey title. It gives me an "Alien vs. Predator" vibe. A good title should be able to reflect the theme somehow, rather than simply working as a piece of advertisement.

But honestly, I can't think of an appropriate title outside of that or World's Finest (or some combination thereof). I kind of wish "Clash of the Titans" wasn't taken. :oldrazz:

World's Finest would be fine IMO. :oldrazz:

I hope this is the way Batman will look

c4b15dfcbcd659d6.jpg

I always thought he looked like a bird in that shot.

I hope this is the way Batman will look

c4b15dfcbcd659d6.jpg

I love it. The connected cape and cowl can work if they just CGI Batman's cape like they did Supes' for MOS. CGI also allows Batman to manipulate the cape to do trickery and *****. Age-old Batsuit problem solved. :woot:

Given the poor reception of Vs. films in recent years (Freddy vs. Jason, AVP, AVP:R) I think it would be a mistake to title the film Superman vs. Batman. Warner Bros. have proven that audiences will flock to see a Superman or Batman movie that doesn't even have their names in the title, so I would much prefer World's Finest (the title can even be explained as a closing headline in the Daily Planet, though preferably without a picture of Batman), though it looks as though that may not happen (unfortunately).

In terms of them actually fighting....yeah, I'd like to see something like in Byrne's Man of Steel, with Batman out-witting and out-classing Superman both intellectually and physically in their first confrontation. That comic didn't show them trading blows, rather that Batman was an engima that Superman couldn't understand and had taken steps to ensure that Superman could not harm him. Halfway through the film, they should be grudgingly team up, but Luthor should cause Superman to go haywire (mind control/Kryptonite/other) to lend credance to his "Anti-Superman" rally he'll no dobt have in the film, causing Superman to attack Batman and forcing Batman to reason with him and find a means to restore Superman's control. By the end, they should part amicably, but by no means be Silver Age buddy-buddies, that way their mutual respect can be developed further in Justice League.

Basically, I feel they shouldn't fight in the traditional sense, nor do I feel stating that quote from The Dark Knight Returns is "informing" the film is that great an idea, as the Batman in that was a grizzled, worn-down, bitter old man whose desire to beat Superman had festered over many years. In my mind, it makes no sense for Batman to want to prove he is the better man over Superman in their first meeting in a physical fight - that seems too stupid a move for Batman. Rather, let him use his skill and intellect to prove himself, and then later to save himself from a berserker-Superman attack.

"Summer 2015...Batman gets all up in Superman's Business"

That has a nice ring.

If Batman fights Superman in the film I want Clark to faintly flick his index finger to sweep Batman off his mortal vessel and KO on the ground five meters from the place of impact. I hesitate to think up more than one finger. Because using two might cost every bone in Batman's body. A backhand might cost Batman his life. Will Lois and Clark then kiss on Batman's dead body, or do you want to see Batman in JL?

I wanna see this happen: Well not all of it of course.

[YT]U5nUsa8ZLm4[/YT]

Superman peeking under the cowl then Batman puts tracking device they both finding out their identities.

Love that scene, especially the look on Supes' face after Bats tosses him across the room.

Black Mask/Lex Luthor + Metallo badguy combo I think should happen.

Is Metallo stronger then Brainiac? I think Brainiac deserves to be the main villain against Supes alone...With Metallo, doesnt he use Kryptonite?...Bats can assist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"