Nicholson on Ledger playing the Joker

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by Vengeance of Bane, Nov 7, 2007.

1. CaptainClown

CaptainClown Papa SPANK!!!

The Coens I think could do a great fantasy batman.

2. Moviebuff22

Moviebuff22 Guest

Thank you, yeah I read an article on the Coen's and it showed projects they passed on, it probably would have been more focused on Batman and more low key detective stories, without all the outlandish villains. It'd be interesting to have seen a script or something.

I'm a fan of Randle Patrick McMurphy, but Jack Torrance certainly takes the cake I can't help but recite line by line along with Nicholson in the scene on the stairs, that was Joker crazy.

3. CaptainClown

I dunno I think the Coens would have made it very funny and equally serious. The outlandish villains would definitely be there, probably different fromt he comics though. Oh and welcome movie buff.

4. Moviebuff22

Moviebuff22 Guest

thank you

yeah i suppose your right, but perhaps they would have gone the nolan route and made them more realistic

5. dancing_on_fire

dancing_on_fire Registered

Lol he sounds more jelous than furious. I mean why did he refer to it as a sequel to his batman film when its a sequel to begins, and his joker died, it wouldnt quite make sense to have him return from the grave as well as another franchise. He doesnt seem to acknowledge the dark knight as a different franchise either, i wonder if he saw the last film, and is aware how good it was, that it starts a new series and is completely different to joel's batman forever/and robin films.

6. Conebone69

Conebone69 The Legend Ends

Jack thinks the new franchise sucks?! Lol wow

7. CaptainClown

its possible he was joking. It is like being sarcastic online, really hard to tell.

8. Crook

Crook Registered

Realistically speaking, he probably caught a glimpse of the Schumacher films and never looked at the bat-franchise ever again.

9. hegele

hegele Registered

thats what it seems like.

10. WalterKovacs

WalterKovacs Registered

Somebody said that nicholson didnt really play the joker, Jack Nicholson played Jack Nicholson playing the joker. Luckily, that "vision" fits the joker really well, and its really similar to what a live action version of the quintisential joker, so there you go. heres to hoping he likes ledger, i guess.

11. dancing_on_fire

dancing_on_fire Registered

yeah i could totally understand if both nicholson and Keaton both got put off ever being involved in the franchise again or even watch any after the mess of batman and robin, i have to admit, before i first saw batman begins, i thought it was going to be prequel and not a reboot and i was kinda thinking to myself that it would probably be horrible(this was b4 i realized who was directing) but if it ended up being good then it was a waste to put it in the same series as Tim's/Joel's(not saying tim was bad, he was brilliant) Thats why i partially didn't like superman returns, it shouldn't have been placed in the old series, it should of been 100% fresh.

But as i said early, Nicholson shouldn't say something along the lines of him being the only one to play the joker, i hope he was joking and the written article just makes it sound serious, because i don't think ledger who's looking for support in such an important role, turns to the only actor to portray joker properly in a live adaption for reinforcement, and reads that interview in which he sourly states how he wants to be in the role instead; if i was ledger i'd be a little upset, not offended just upset. The fact he wouldn't really accept ledger as the new joker is pretty upsetting in my mind.

12. Stuntman Mike

Stuntman Mike I Spit on you Grave

They should take over after Nolan and do a version of Clayface.

The whole Nicholson thing...I think he feels threatened. I mean look and his Joker and Ledger's Joker. To a Batman fan, I'd say Ledger is a more appealing Joker that Nicholson. He was a good Joker but I think him being known for that role will be forgotten in a way after July 18th. Just what I think.

13. Moviebuff22

Moviebuff22 Guest

i honestly think except for the first few joker scenes jacks joker was a little to much like cesar romeros joker

i think ledger is a new invention of the joker that really can't be totally cited by any comic interpretation

14. StylishHokie21

StylishHokie21 Registered

I wonder if Nicholson has seen the trailer yet.

15. StylishHokie21

StylishHokie21 Registered

With the exception of one or two scenes, I could see Cesar Romero in there. Every other scene....not so much.

16. Da_Joka

Da_Joka King Grimlock

Jack should come back in a TDK comic sequel when Batman is old.

17. The Battousai

The Battousai Registered

Heeeeeeeere's

Johnny!

18. Gianakin_

Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

I still think he was f**king with the interviewer. I don't even think he gives a damn anymore.

19. bestever23

bestever23 Registered

what would of been great is they did get Jack as Someone (by stander or cop or bus driver whatever) who Joker Kills lol a Cameo if you will
    be Funny to see the New joker kill the old Joker
    other thought I had would be his father but no backstory and that's a good thing

what you think? If Jack had a Cameo who should he be or happen to him?

20. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

He could make a very good Rupert Thorne, if they were to give him a fullsize role.

For a cameo...anyone in Arkham, I suppose.

21. metalhead971

metalhead971 Plucky comic relief...

Including Nicholson in any of these movies will just keep bringing up comparison's between his Joker and Heath's Joker, and that is a really pointless argument since they're two different interpretations for two different styles of Batman film. Nicholson needs to just find something else to be upset about, cuz his days involved with Batman are over. We love him for his Joker, but it doesn't mean we should be sucking his toes just cuz we liked it so much.

22. itsthebatman

itsthebatman Registered

Way too distracting.

23. terry78

terry78 We'll be right back

You can't blame the man, it wasn't like he came out in boycott of it, MTV went to him.

24. El Payaso

El Payaso Registered

If I were teh Jack and found out about these 51 pages of anger against a few of my words I'd be splitting my intestine laughing. :)

25. Damiean Dark

Damiean Dark Registered

Yeah, people

"WHY SO SERIOUS???"