Nicolas Cage on Ghost Rider 2

Bring it on. Just drop the camp, and make a quality story. :up:

No.
He had his chance.
And he blew it.
Jellybeans and carate monkeys?
Never more.
Maybe with someone like Andrew Kevin Walker writing and Alex Proyas directing, maybe. Just maybe.
But i don´t think so.
Please Mr.Cage; go home.
Enough of sillyness.
It was disappointment enough.

I wont really blame Nic Cage for this...I mean yeah he's not my 1st choice for JB, but neither is MSJ. Its all Sonys fault for wanting to make this "fun for the whole family" to make more money at behest of the character itself..Nic Cage tried to rev up a boring script.

They have to get rid of the PG-13 stigma and make a quality movie with no limits in terms of creativity or story!

Personally, I still like the take on the movie. I thought it was fun.

Very exciting news that it's at least talked about a little still though...

I gotta see more ghost rider fighting and stuff and less johnny blaze. Maybe throw vengeance into the mix somehow and have ghost rider really kick some ass! More ghost rider. less nick cage

Personally, I still like the take on the movie. I thought it was fun.

Very exciting news that it's at least talked about a little still though...

Really?
Good to hear from you again, FH.
I was curious about your opinion about the movie, since you´re one the greatest GR fans around here.
Did you really enjoy the light and silly approach of JB, with all the Carpenters and monkeys? The stupid scenes of Barton´s death and JB´s deal?
Well, it´s your opinion and i depply respected.
But it seems we have a different vison about our beloved Demon Cyclist.
Peace.
GR4EVR!!!

id rather wait for a reboot. whether its with blaze or ketch, as long as its done proper. which means the right director, right script, and right cast.

Really?
Good to hear from you again, FH.
I was curious about your opinion about the movie, since you´re one the greatest GR fans around here.
Did you really enjoy the light and silly approach of JB, with all the Carpenters and monkeys? The stupid scenes of Barton´s death and JB´s deal?
Well, it´s your opinion and i depply respected.
But it seems we have a different vison about our beloved Demon Cyclist.
Peace.
GR4EVR!!!

Yeah, I really did like it. I enjoyed the comedy and the take on Jonny. Sure, it wasn't what everyone expected, but maybe that's what I liked most about it. It surprised me. It was different and while there was a little camp, the movie was still very entertaining.

I didn't need a horror movie, which it seems most people were wanting. I wanted a movie where all characters were respected and was fun to watch. This is what we got.

Yeah, I really did like it. I enjoyed the comedy and the take on Jonny. Sure, it wasn't what everyone expected, but maybe that's what I liked most about it. It surprised me. It was different and while there was a little camp, the movie was still very entertaining.

I didn't need a horror movie, which it seems most people were wanting. I wanted a movie where all characters were respected and was fun to watch. This is what we got.

Agreed 100%, if they follow this formula, and make a few changes here and there, the sequel could really be something special.

I gotta see more ghost rider fighting and stuff and less johnny blaze. Maybe throw vengeance into the mix somehow and have ghost rider really kick some ass! More ghost rider. less nick cage

That'd work really good :up:

Agreed, less quips, more ass-kicking, and we could get something special.

I think that would be the general idea, for the love of god drink scotch or some tequila and drop the jelly beans.

^Well that seem to be what Cage wants in a sequel, so thats an improvement already.

I enjoyed the first one, it did big business worldwide and in the USA.. just take the script up several notches, and go for broke..

I agree with Sock...not everybody was respected.

The 3 Elemental Angels had no story, no character, and were all destroyed in less than 2 minutes of fighting COMBINED.

Blackheart's character was not respected at all...although he was sadistic it bordered cheesy, and his final form was nothing like his comic counterpart, neither was his powers. The most we got was a face full of teeth in the church and the half- @ssed mirage when he became Legion.

Roxeanne's character was just eye candy..she was ditsy and annoying and played no major role except getting in the way...which is sad.

Mack had some good screen time in the beginning, but we don't really learn anything about him later other than that he deflates rather well with a little pressure from Blackheart. When he died...Blaze just uttered his name and walked away like he was nothing...how stupid...that was his best friend?

Ghost Rider in terms of costume and look was SPOT on..great work on MSJs and Kevin Macks part there. Since he was the main character, he should have gotten all the screen time and more suspenseful action scenes...instead his fight scenes were way too short and it really stung when you knew that MSJ ran out of money to put real memorable fights in.

i enjoyed the movie however it did get kinda the shaft in regards to villains (the earth demon was to be the last one killed but since sony thought hed be too similar to sandman he got the shaft), the whole jellybeans thing while kinda lame did make since if you think about it, if johnny was tryin to avoid the devil of course he was gonna be as clean as he could be. however ghost rider does have a chance to be a very dark film which is the direction it needs to be taken.

i enjoyed the movie however it did get kinda the shaft in regards to villains (the earth demon was to be the last one killed but since sony thought hed be too similar to sandman he got the shaft),

I really don't buy that explanation and nobody else should either. Compared to the other lame deaths in the movie, you can tell they had no money left for action. He could have controlled not only "sand" but melt into any sort of rock, granite, gravel, whatever. Even without special effects, the elemental angel didn't even TRY to lay a punch or defense. Ghost Rider could have made the fight more cooler...he ended it quickly like he did the others.

Reason: They ran out of money!

where in that entire post did i give a reason justifying their quick deaths? i was actually agreeing with you that they did not get the action they should have gotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"