Days of Future Past No Cyclops; Reaction Thread

I don't get how they can possibly make First Class without Cyclops. He's the first of the X-Men!

This isn't about the formation of the first x men team ..It's about Prof X and Magneto and there fall out.

Havoc,Banshee,Mystique,Beast etc are just the first mutants they encounter and begin to bond with i dont think there technically the first "X-men" as much as just the first mutants Prof X and Magneto come across to form some sort of realtionship.

I think it's going to be about both the split between Xavier and Magneto and the formation of the first X-Men team. Because they've talked about more classic costumes.

If there is a first class and this takes place 15-20 years before Scott, Jean, and Ororo join the team then I don't see how Professor X could call them some of his first students in X1.

But on the other hand I don't see how they could justify calling this First Class if there is no first class. Unless it's a Deadly Genesis scenario and Professor X tries to cover it up. Or maybe most of the students side with Magneto after the split so Professor X puts a halt on the whole school idea for a while.

This isn't about the formation of the first x men team ..It's about Prof X and Magneto and there fall out.

Havoc,Banshee,Mystique,Beast etc are just the first mutants they encounter and begin to bond with i dont think there technically the first "X-men" as much as just the first mutants Prof X and Magneto come across to form some sort of realtionship.
Then logically they should change the title.

While I would have liked them to use the first class line up from the comics...anyone who knows me knows my feelings on Cyclops. Personally the film will probably be better without him there to whine and cry his way through it.

Then logically they should change the title.

Why? It's called marketing,

They put the name X-men on the title it's gonna sell.

And technically Prof X and Magneto are "X-men" , the comics series was called "X-men " not "The Mutants" or "Prof X and company".

I am really looking foward to this movie for simple fact for the amount if mystery going on with this film, the way news is coming around it's almost as if filming hasn't even begun yet.

Why? It's called marketing,

They put the name X-men on the title it's gonna sell.

And technically Prof X and Magneto are "X-men" , the comics series was called "X-men " not "The Mutants" or "Prof X and company".

People aren't taking issue with "X-Men" being in the title. They're taking issue with the movie being called "First Class," when there's a possibility that the movie may not be about what many believe to be the first class of X-Men, even by movie universe standards.

While I would have liked them to use the first class line up from the comics...anyone who knows me knows my feelings on Cyclops. Personally the film will probably be better without him there to whine and cry his way through it.

My thoughts exactly.

Anyway, i'd rather see new characters to the movies like Havok rather than have to endure more Jean/Scott whining.

People aren't taking issue with "X-Men" being in the title. They're taking issue with the movie being called "First Class," when there's a possibility that the movie may not be about what many believe to be the first class of X-Men, even by movie universe standards.
Exactly.

The Cyclops angle is tricky. I get the feeling this is COULD be a reboot - if successful. I think they're simply playing it by ear. If it fails critically, and commercially - a sequel to Last Stand is probable (as the Wolverine franchise is on life support.) If it (likely) succeeds, I can see Singer/Vaughn opting to instill a new, independent franchise. It's advantageous - considering they could brush off the X-Trilogy, and be completely, creatively liberated.

The Cyclops angle is tricky. I get the feeling this is COULD be a reboot - if successful. I think they're simply playing it by ear. If it fails critically, and commercially - a sequel to Last Stand is probable (as the Wolverine franchise is on life support.) If it (likely) succeeds, I can see Singer/Vaughn opting to instill a new, independent franchise. It's advantageous - considering they could brush off the X-Trilogy, and be completely, creatively liberated.

This is along the lines of what I'm thinking.

Hopefully by the time the film is announced as a success or by the timethe sequel comes out they will firmly establish this as a reboot.

No Cyclops is gonna suck no one wants to see his brother!!! They should have saved him for X4. i just don't understand how this its possible in the X-men continuity, This happens before XOW then how the heck is Emma Frost in here? And they better not come up with that wasn't Emma Frost Crap

Well, they obviously are.

Well, they obviously are.

Who are they to dictate who was or wasn't a certain character in previous film?

If this is a 'reboot' of the franchise then someone needs to come out and say it to stop the confusion. So far no one has said X3 and Wolverine are not part of any film continuity.

Who are they to dictate who was or wasn't a certain character in previous film?

If this is a 'reboot' of the franchise then someone needs to come out and say it to stop the confusion. So far no one has said X3 and Wolverine are not part of any film continuity.

I honestly couldn't care less, since I don't believe anyone actually cares about Tahyna Tozzi's credited, "Kayla's Sister/Emma" and think people are just complaining for the sake of it.

Last edited:
Lets face facts, this is another X-Men movie made by Fox...it wil probably suck no matter who they cast for what roles or what the plotline is. It will barely make any cohesive sense in the continuity of the previous films and all that will be done on internet forums is a barrage of useless fanboy arguments about something that no side will be pleased with in the end. There really isn't any sense in arguing about it, when the movie release every Marvel fan is destined to be let down and receive a limit of maybe two moments that they could actually appreciate. X-Men films have become nothing but pandering melodrama, and the only reason anyone cared is because watching Hugh Jackman tear up **** as Wolverine is pretty fun. Without the film's flagship character at least this rotted Titanic franchise may finally be allowed to sink.

Shocking as it may be, a lot of people enjoyed the first two films and some people are actually looking forward to this one. And the lack of Wolverine is a plus, not a minus in my book.

My thoughts exactly.

Anyway, i'd rather see new characters to the movies like Havok rather than have to endure more Jean/Scott whining.
I think sad that we have such little faith in the filmmakers that it's pretty much foregone conclution that if Cyclops was in this movie he'd be poorly portrayed. I don't think anyone actually dares to hope for an X-Men movie that would threat the character with respect.

I think I'd prefer a live-action TV-show at this point. It would be a better way to handle an ensemble cast. That way they wouldn't have to reduce important characters into roles like "The pretty redhead Wolverine wants to f***", "The boyfriend of the pretty redhead Wolverine wants to f***" and "The pretty black chick that Wolverine, for some reason, doesn't want to f***".

I'm so freaking confused WHAT THE HELL IS THIS MOVIE?!

It's basically X-Men Origins: Magneto and Professor X but for some reason they didn't change the name.

As long as the final product is an inspiring, competent film - the textbook comic accuracy doesn't matter.

So is this actually a prequel to X-men?

What is Emma Frost doing there? SHE WAS IN WOLVERINE!

Why does it matter if she was in Wolverine? She barely resembled the character, was never referred to by that name outside of one TV spot (not even in the credits), and cameos have been disregarded in the past with this franchise because they're really not that important. That's why we got a blue Kelsey Grammar in X3 and not the non-furry dude from X2.

That was Emma Silverfox, not Emma Frost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"