No evil shall escape my sight...The Official John Stewart Thread

I want John to be the main GL or be the one that eventually joins the JL.

To me, the DCEU doesn't need a main Green Lantern. Anytime DC decides to favor one prominent legacy character over another, it always ends up rubbing fans the wrong way. Either make both Hal and John members of the JL, or don't make either, but don't make one of the two the "main" Green Lantern of the movie universe and treat the other one as his sidekick. We don't need a Tony Stark/James Rhodes or Steve Rogers/Sam Wilson thing with the Green Lanterns.

Last edited:
My pick for John Stewart/Green Lantern definitely would be Michael Ealy

My pick for John Stewart/Green Lantern definitely would be Michael Ealy

Can't see it. John is a dark skinned brother. Even if they change that up (wouldn't bother me, but whatever) I don't think he fits the no-nonsense hardass military vet that John Stewart is supposed to be.

Tyrese then would be a next best choice

David Oyelowo
Derek Luke
Omari Hardwick
DB Woodside
Mahershala Ali

Out of these 5 any of them I could see too as John Stewart but out of these 5 I would go with Hardwick

Daniel Kaluuya or I boycott.

Daniel Kaluuya or I boycott.

Daniel Kaluuya his star power is growing in Hollywood not only with Get Out but he is already in the MCU in the Black Panther solo film but if DC were to get him then I would say yeah sure he would be perfect

But I would go with Omari Hardwick of Power fame he would be awesome as John Stewart

Has anyone suggested Ricky Whittle (American Gods) yet? I've only seen one episode of the show so far and I'm not sure yet if he has the chops for this, but he's definitely got the right look.

He might be signed on for a few seasons and tv contracts are tricky to get out of. I remember that was the case with Jensen ackles and Cap

David Oyelow would be a great choice albeit a tad short. But that's no big deal really as RDJ is 5'8 playing a 6'2 character.
Someone mentioned the guy from American Gods. Real good choice.

Shame for Tyrese. Glad he's such a fan of the character but yeah he just wouldn't be right for the part.

Derek Luke would have been perfect 10 years ago.

Heck no to Common as John Stewart! Besides he's already Tattoo Man in the DCEU!!

Trevante Rhodes is still my pick!
Yes, Trevante. A rising star with lots of indie credit. He would be IDEAL. He should be the selection.

He might be signed on for a few seasons and tv contracts are tricky to get out of. I remember that was the case with Jensen ackles and Cap

If both sides are willing to work around each others schedules it can totally be done. He is the lead in AG but not in every single scene/episode.

Has anyone suggested Ricky Whittle (American Gods) yet? I've only seen one episode of the show so far and I'm not sure yet if he has the chops for this, but he's definitely got the right look.

Ricky Whittle is a comic fan and a DC comic fan in particular so I'm sure he would love the role. Whittle gave an interview in which he was critical of Snyder's Man of Steel and DC's approach a few years ago.

This Trevante Rhodes guy sounds interesting.

David Oyelowo is a solid choice and John Boyega would not bother me at all.

I think I'm really open with this casting. The most important thing to me is the writing here. I think there are a ton of black actors who could rock this. Aldis Hodge would make me happy too. Derek Luke, Mahershala Ali, all very solid choices, imho. There are a few we could so without: your Commons, your Tyreses, your already-a-significant-marvel-character guys, but other than that? Dude, let's go.

I like John Boyega, but to me, he seems like he can still pass for a teenager on screen.

I feel like John should be someone in his mid to late 30s if not 40s. John would've made a better Teen Titans era Cyborg.

So, here's my question...

A John inspired by the comics, where he's a thinker/revolutionary with a lot of creativity or by the DCAU cartoons where John is a hardcore military straight shooter. Basically, when it comes to his constructs and demeanor, should they emphasize that he's an architect, or that he's a marine... or both equally?

Ricky Whittle is a comic fan and a DC comic fan in particular so I'm sure he would love the role. Whittle gave an interview in which he was critical of Snyder's Man of Steel and DC's approach a few years ago.

Just looked it up and yeah, he is a big comic book fan. Dude definitely has the physique for it, that's for sure.

I think that's the issue I'm having with the Boyega and Oyelowo suggestions. Both are great actors (Oyelowo in particular is amazing) but I've always pictured John as a f***ing tank who looks like he could break anyone in the room in half. Even if Boyega or Oyelowo bulked up a lot, I still don't picture either of them being able to fit that kind of a mold.

But Whittle and Rhodes certainly do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"