The Official John Stewart Thread

well another factor would be is if they wanted john character to be a young guy, or an older guy. In the comics when john was choosen to be a latern was he a young guy or a little older?
well in Secret ORigins he looked mid 30s, same with Hal
But since theyre casting Hal young they prob will cast young as well

Young or old Underwood wouldnt be that good of a choice anyway

I guess so but like i said it all counts on what they want to do if the character is included down the road.

well another factor would be is if they wanted john character to be a young guy, or an older guy. In the comics when john was choosen to be a latern was he a young guy or a little older?

John is younger than Hal in the comics. Or he was, they could have changed it for all I know...

yea as i said before i dont really read dc stuff. i have read a few issues of different things. here and there but i am a marvel reader through and through.

k2jlfm.jpg

http://funkydoodler.deviantart.com/art/green-lantern-and-pooch-64620099

Heh. I like it. Wouldn't expect him to wear it in the comic, of course...

How about Erik King from Dexter?

bio-king.jpg

Come on guys, lets hear it! With casting now in full swing lets make some noise for the idea of Doakes for Stewart! :woot:

Is Stewart even going to be in this first film?

yea i doubt stewart is going to be in first film at all. Maybe a mention of the character in some form and then leave it to possibly happening in sequel or guy if the guy cameo still makes it in filming.

Ehhh nah, I can't see him without thinking about that picture of him on a gay beach...
My friends are sick bastards and made me look at it...:csad:
Hey he's gotten past that now lol

Plus he has really improved as an actor he's one of the best things about Criminal Minds.

Anthony Mackie as John Stewart

phpfgvqispm.jpg
37fp56562072dpi.jpg

Last edited:
Do we even know for sure if he's in the film?

Watching Hurt Locker I felt like I was watching Guy and John work together so I wouldnt be disappointed in the pick at all. But I really think the role needs Jamie Foxx, someone who can do the stoic, hard-headed marine type but inject some much needed personality since that seems to be the major quip with most haters.

I might cast Tyrese Gibson only so that he could say "Bring it" and "Bring the rain".
:woot: :hehe:

No, i'm joking. I'd cast someone more mature looking.

I might cast Tyrese Gibson only so that he could say "Bring it" and "Bring the rain".
:woot: :hehe:

:awesome: You left out his 3 more additional lines in ROTF.

I've said it before, being Optimus' pal in 2 movies, is as close to a superhero I feel Tyrese Gibson should be a part of.

Henry Simmons. Dude has played a cop, Baldwin Jones and has the stature. He ain't gettin no younger tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"