The Dark Knight No Laughing Venom?

Darknightnomis

The Dark Knight Strikes!
Reaction score
It looks like this version of the Joker have no problem with taking out his victims by either knifes or some kind of fire power.

But have there been any hints of him using his trademark laughing venom?

This Joker seems to like the personal touch. He likes to carve the smiles on his victim's faces with a knife.

There was a rumor that he made some kind of mixture with Craines' fear toxin and that was his laughing venom, and that could possibly be the gas from the grenade in the prologue.

There was a rumor that he made some kind of mixture with Craines' fear toxin that was his lauhging venom, and that could possibly be the gas from the grenade in the prologue.

Yeah they never REALLY show what happens to the manager after the pin was puled and the gas came out.

That would be cool if he burst out into a Joker laugh after that.

There was a rumor that he made some kind of mixture with Craines' fear toxin and that was his laughing venom, and that could possibly be the gas from the grenade in the prologue.

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. Either the "joke" was that it was just a smoke grenade ... or maybe we'll see Gordon/the police arrive at the scene to find a dead Fitchner with a permagrin :hoboj:

Considering that this shows the beginings of the characters I would love to see The Joker's hideout from The Man Who Laughs. Namely an old building where he's been testing various poisons on tramps and vagrants. A few will be little more than rat-eaten bones but, in passing, you will see one or two with their jaws locked in something resembling a smile.
Leave it at that.

This Joker seems to like the personal touch. He likes to carve the smiles on his victim's faces with a knife.

I'll take that over toxin any day.

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. Either the "joke" was that it was just a smoke grenade ... or maybe we'll see Gordon/the police arrive at the scene to find a dead Fitchner with a permagrin :hoboj:

YES!, I was thinking that when I watched the prologue. I dont think the Joker, espically this Joker, would put a grenade with COMPLETELY HARMLESS GAS :o , in someones mouth.

Yeah they never REALLY show what happens to the manager after the pin was puled and the gas came out.

That would be cool if he burst out into a Joker laugh after that.

Even in his first comic book appearance, the Joker was leaving his victims with a twisted grin from some sort of toxin. I'm just not sure if Nolan borrowed this element from those stories, or decided to leave it out.

I think it is quite likely that the gas grenade seen in the prologue did contain venom. The Joker's line "whatever doesn't kill you...makes you stranger" would thus apply both to himself and to the bank manager, who is initially suprised to survive the grenade's detonation.

I'll take that over toxin any day.

That figures. I see this as another of those points that show the people who want to see the Joker, and the people who will be just as happy to see a guy call himself the Joker.

Joker carving Chelsea Smiles on people just isn't very Joker.

Joker carving Chelsea Smiles on people isn't very Joker.

Different strokes for different folks, different Jokers for different....people...ers.

It isnt very Joker to simply put on makeup, but thats wot they did with this movie.

Different strokes blah blah blah..., another way of saying "I dont care all that much".

Where do you kind of fans draw the line? You can only go so far till you end up with a wad of crap like Topher-Venom.

I'm with Nivek on this one; it's fine for characters to do new things in new films (otherwise the films would be rather boring), but there is a point beyond which one tends to think "no, that's not something he would do".

I doubt the grenade was anything more than a smoke grenade.That's the way joker would work. He shot Fichtner, so it doesn't matter if the grenade is harmless or not, he will probably bleed to death, but it's funny to surprise him with a smoke grenade!

But I'm sure the laughing gas would show up, I wouldn't rule it out. And it'd make more sense for the scarecrow to come back.

Different strokes for different folks, different Jokers for different....people...ers.

It isnt very Joker to simply put on makeup, but thats wot they did with this movie.

Well that goes with the realism of the movie. Instead of going with the road already taken, Nolan took a different route, but its still joker, perma or not.

But, back to the knife/venom thing. It's already evident he has a thing for knives, but we cant be sure what exactly he does with them. Signs point to carvage but *shrugs* who knows? But, i do think that the smoke wasnt just smoke, but venom. Since we've seen him working with Craine i could bet he's concocting some kind of smile venom or such. So many influences from the first comic with the joker, and with such an open door as the fear toxin and Craine being in the movie, it'd throw me for a loop if venom isnt being made/hasnt been made.

*steps down from soap box*

Where do you kind of fans draw the line? You can only go so far till you end up with a wad of crap like Topher-Venom.

Don't you EVER mention that name again, can't you see it has been banned!? You could have killed us all!

On a more serious note, don't get all heated up just because I like the type of Joker Nolan is going for. Are you ok with Joker putting a bomb inside someone's stomach? Because a lot of other fans are. Are you ok with Joker wearing makeup? Because a lot of other fans are ok with that now after seeing him in action.
Yes, we're more than likely to see Joker have the venom gas, but at the same time I wouldnt mind a darker, more insane and anarchic Joker. It's just my opinion, dude.

Different strokes blah blah blah..., another way of saying "I dont care all that much".

Wah, wah, wah. Quit trolling.

And I'm willing to bet we see some sort of laughing gas in this film.

But it shouldn't be a populer opinion. Joker Venom is Jokers thing, not cutting up people. Batfans and Joker fans need to point this out to some of these Newbies. Nolan talks about this film being inspired by Jokers first appearence, guess what he used to kill most people? Joker Venom. The knife thing is so film student and boring.

I'm cool with the Joker starting out as putting the smile on people by cuting into their face and such but I think Nolan will be missing a good oppurtunity if he don't end up somehow using the laughing venom of some sort on someone.

If he can show the Scarecrow's fear gas surely he can show the laughing venom.

That figures. I see this as another of those points that show the people who want to see the Joker, and the people who will be just as happy to see a guy call himself the Joker.

Joker carving Chelsea Smiles on people just isn't very Joker.
Boo hoo hoo. He's not what you want to see in the Joker, therefore he's not the Joker at all? :whatever: Maybe you're used to a more cutesy Joker, but the Joker that I've been reading about for years is both a homicidal maniac and a loose cannon. He'd be both capable and willing to carve a smile on somebody's face if the situation called for it. Or maybe you think he'd just let his victim go if he didn't happen to have any Joker venom on him at the moment? :huh:

Well that goes with the realism of the movie. Instead of going with the road already taken, Nolan took a different route, but its still joker, perma or not.

But, back to the knife/venom thing. It's already evident he has a thing for knives, but we cant be sure what exactly he does with them. Signs point to carvage but *shrugs* who knows? But, i do think that the smoke wasnt just smoke, but venom. Since we've seen him working with Craine i could bet he's concocting some kind of smile venom or such. So many influences from the first comic with the joker, and with such an open door as the fear toxin and Craine being in the movie, it'd throw me for a loop if venom isnt being made/hasnt been made.

*steps down from soap box*

When did we see him working with Crane?

Don't you EVER mention that name again, can't you see it has been banned!? You could have killed us all!

On a more serious note, don't get all heated up just because I like the type of Joker Nolan is going for. Are you ok with Joker putting a bomb inside someone's stomach? Because a lot of other fans are. Are you ok with Joker wearing makeup? Because a lot of other fans are ok with that now after seeing him in action.
Yes, we're more than likely to see Joker have the venom gas, but at the same time I wouldnt mind a darker, more insane and anarchic Joker. It's just my opinion, dude.

:up:
Well said.
And I completely agree. As long as it works on film, and they don't do anything TOO ridiculous, I'm completely happy.

But it shouldn't be a populer opinion. Joker Venom is Jokers thing, not cutting up people. Batfans and Joker fans need to point this out to some of these Newbies. Nolan talks about this film being inspired by Jokers first appearence, guess what he used to kill most people? Joker Venom. The knife thing is so film student and boring.
We dont know if he has the "happy sauce" or not..........plus the Venom sucked because it wasnt given enough time or was really taken all that serious with Raimi. I dont think we have time or seriousness issues with Nolan's Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"