The Dark Knight No Laughing Venom?

Different strokes blah blah blah..., another way of saying "I dont care all that much".

Where do you kind of fans draw the line? You can only go so far till you end up with a wad of crap like Topher-Venom.

I think you are right.

Heck, if they made the Joker a girl there would still be a lot of people who would say "it's still teh Joker!!!".

Boo hoo hoo. He's not what you want to see in the Joker, therefore he's not the Joker at all? :whatever: Maybe you're used to a more cutesy Joker, but the Joker that I've been reading about for years is both a homicidal maniac and a loose cannon. He'd be both capable and willing to carve a smile on somebody's face if the situation called for it. Or maybe you think he'd just let his victim go if he didn't happen to have any Joker venom on him at the moment? :huh:

:up: Very well said. The details are changed, but the essence of the character is still there imo. He'll be giving permanent grins to people one way or another. The more plausible explanation in the Nolan films, is for him to share his smile with his victims using a steel blade.

My idea would work perfectly. AND, at the same time, acknowledge what you lot say is a good comic book. Even if the art sucks more than Paris Hilton.

But it shouldn't be a populer opinion. Joker Venom is Jokers thing, not cutting up people. Batfans and Joker fans need to point this out to some of these Newbies. Nolan talks about this film being inspired by Jokers first appearence, guess what he used to kill most people? Joker Venom. The knife thing is so film student and boring.

What, you think just cause we're ok with this new **** that we're "newbies"? :huh: I understand where you're coming from. All this over me being ok with Joker carving smiles? This doesn't make me any less of a fan. This new Joker has a cut smile himself.

But again, I understand what you mean. Just don't go ****ing ballistic over different opinions.

:up: Very well said. The details are changed, but the essence of the character is still there imo. He'll be giving permanent grins to people one way or another. The more plausible explanation in the Nolan films, is for him to share his smile with his victims using a steel blade.

Well, to me, it just seems that with that way of giving smiles, Joker becomes too serious. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this new dark sadistic back to his roots completely f***ed up Joker, but if most all of his humor is gone, and replaced with him ripping apart his victims as his way of giving them perma-smiles, he just becomes another serial killer in an already far gone city.

Yes its more plausible, but you cant forget the very signature thing Joker is known for, his smile venom.

Speaking of which, where oh WHERE does it ever even say that he cuts smiles in people's faces anyway? I have yet to see a single solid piece of evidence that's in this movie.

Boo hoo hoo. He's not what you want to see in the Joker, therefore he's not the Joker at all? :whatever: :

Yup, the Joker uses Joker venom. Some 17 year old kid created comic character may carve smiles, but the Joker never did that kind of crap. He doesn't have to.

Maybe you're used to a more cutesy Joker, but the Joker that I've been reading about for years is both a homicidal maniac and a loose cannon. He'd be both capable and willing to carve a smile on somebody's face if the situation called for it. Or maybe you think he'd just let his victim go if he didn't happen to have any Joker venom on him at the moment? :huh:

No, he would just kill them. Joker Venom is his thing, why is this such a hard concept to understand. Joker cutting faces is too messy, and is just too "Teen" and uninspired for my taste.

Well, to me, it just seems that with that way of giving smiles, Joker becomes too serious. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this new dark sadistic back to his roots completely f***ed up Joker,

Back to the roots would mean that the Joker is a jewelry robber. The Joker was never portrayed this way.

Then you my friend simply do not like Batman.

Yay! More elitist fanboy condescension!

Now tell me how I'm not an X-Men fan because I didn't mind black leather costumes! I love that one.

Yup, the Joker uses Joker venom. Some 17 year old kid created comic character may carve smiles, but the Joker never did that kind of crap. He doesn't have to.

No, he would just kill them. Joker Venom is his thing, why is this such a hard concept to understand. Joker cutting faces is too messy, and is just too "Teen" and uninspired for my taste.

well, that is one thing. People claim "oh it's teh unique and realistic and creative take on the Joker" but in fact it is the most obvious. To cut smiles is just uninspired and lame. And, BTW, to laugh yourself dead is quite more horrifying.

"Any idiot, no offense, can go out and maim several people, but where's the theatrics, the laughter, the tears! I like to consider myself the Orson Welles of crime and chaos, you aspire to be nothing more than David Hasselhoff"

it probably won't be in there y'know with nolan's "realistic' interpretation, but I didn't get to see the prologue, and hey I heard that that fake bomb he puts in the managers mouth emits gas, maybe that's it, i dunno, I haven't seen it

That's all you needed to say. It's too teen for your taste.
And that's understandable. I personally would love it, but my type of Joker is just a really sadistic, laughing, psychopathicly messy ****er that would shoot his venom on a person and then set them on fire while they laugh their ass off. I go way off from what most people think of the Joker, I know. But again, those are just my tastes.

Back to the roots would mean that the Joker is a jewelry robber. The Joker was never portrayed this way.

Robbing jewelery stores were his first plots, that doesnt mean he was a jewelery theif. Everyones gotta start off small. In TDK he starts off robbing banks, does that make him a bank robber??

Case and point.

Yay! More elitist fanboy condescension!

Now tell me how I'm not an X-Men fan because I didn't mind black leather costumes! I love that one.

No, seriously, I'm giving this movie the benefit of a doubt n all that with the makeup and have given several superhero movies similar things, but this guy actually not only said he wouldn't MIND the carving thing but actually prefers it "any day".

That's honestly ridiculous.

"Any idiot, no offense, can go out and maim several people, but where's the theatrics, the laughter, the tears! I like to consider myself the Orson Welles of crime and chaos, you aspire to be nothing more than David Hasselhoff"

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

How is it ridiculous to like something over the other, do you folks always want the same assembly line Joker everytime someone makes a movie with him in it.

LOL! :grin:

Edit: JayTee answered it.

Speaking of which, where oh WHERE does it ever even say that he cuts smiles in people's faces anyway? I have yet to see a single solid piece of evidence that's in this movie.

I think people are just assuming so they can complain.

well, that is one thing. People claim "oh it's teh unique and realistic and creative take on the Joker" but in fact it is the most obvious. To cut smiles is just uninspired and lame. And, BTW, to laugh yourself dead is quite more horrifying.

its not just more horrifying, its more "joker-ish".

yeah, im kinda shocked that they arent giving joker any of his trademark gimicks and gadgets. like, wth? those things are very important. that would be like taking away the pumpkin bombs away from Green Goblin. even though hes supposed to be joker, hes not very joker-y.

My guess given the prologue is yes.

But how about we wait until the movie to find out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"