Robin91939

Master Tim
Reaction score
While many on this board were coming up with titles such as:

BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE
BATMAN: SMILE
BATMAN: NO LAUGHING MATTER
BATMAN: MIRTH

Nolan understood what made his first film as successful as it was. Some of us forgot that. He just reminded us, by naming the film, THE DARK KNIGHT, it tells us that the movie is a Batman movie, above all else. Sure the Joker will steal his scenes, and he'll own, but he won't own the movie. Nolan understands that Batman is the most interesting character in the Batman universe, and he is treating him as such.

Thank you Mr. Nolan.

-R

Robin91939 said:

Nolan understood what made his first film as successful as it was. Some of us forgot that. He just reminded us, by naming the film, THE DARK KNIGHT, it tells us that the movie is a Batman movie, above all else. Sure the Joker will steal his scenes, and he'll own, but he won't own the movie. Nolan understands that Batman is the most interesting character in the Batman universe, and he is treating him as such.

Thank you Mr. Nolan.

-R
That's the reason why In Nolan We Trust. :up:

Robin91939 said:

Thank you Mr. Nolan.

-R

Please don't tell me "Batman: No Laughing Matter" was a serious suggestion for a title. That would have been a horrendous decision if it were named that.

'BATMAN - ROFL'

Would have been perfect :D

While I'd hardly say the choice of the title is a proper indication of it, yes Nolan has been very smart in keeping the focus of the movie(s) on Batman himself rather than getting lost in the vilians like Burton and Schumacher did.

So, is it 'Batman: The Dark Knight' or just 'The Dark Knight'?

Good title. And it does say that the focus is on Batman. But then, so did the titles of all the movies in the previous series, & it WASN'T the case.

souvlaki said:
Please don't tell me "Batman: No Laughing Matter" was a serious suggestion for a title. That would have been a horrendous decision if it were named that.

They're not. With the exception of The Killing Joke, all of those titles were made by Robin91939.

He gets it and we're lucky to have him on board with the franchise.

I still have my doubts about Ledger, though.

sup notorius
i just hope they are able to make the joker as evil as he really is and batman hate him alot

and have an explanation on why joker is a powerful dude

CConn said:
While I'd hardly say the choice of the title is a proper indication of it, yes Nolan has been very smart in keeping the focus of the movie(s) on Batman himself rather than getting lost in the vilians like Burton and Schumacher did.
Yeah, I mean it 1988 when they announced BATMAN as the title, who would have thought the more appropriate title would have been, JOKER.

I mean, THE DARK KNIGHT could very well end up a Joker film featuring Batman, it's happened before. But I think that Nolan, like he did with BATMAN BEGINS is titling the movie based in large part off of the story at hand, and I think that THE DARK KNIGHT just sets the perfect tone.

-R

I agree with the sentiment that Nolan "get's it" when it comes to the direction of these series of BATMAN movies by concentrating on Batman as the main focus and not make him a secondary character to the villians as in the recent series, However, I do think Nolan is benefiting from the "sins" of the past.

Tim Burton purposely made Batman a "mysterious figure of the night" in the first 'Batman' movie and it worked because for that movie it was the toal opposite of the Jack Naiper/Joker character that we knew everything about. A good yin to his yang.

For 'Batman Returns' it didn't work as well because Batman was overshadowed by the origins and the personal situations of the Penguin and Catwoman. We knew more about them and can relate to them more than Batman.

In 'Batman Forever' Schumacher tried to turn the attention back to Batman by showing us his response to his parents death as a child and the reason why he continue to be Batman as an adult. 2 face and the Riddler was truly secondary figure in the movie. The only thing that might have "hurt" the development of Batman as a character is that his screen time was split with Robin.

'Batman and Robin' was just a mess altogether so the less said the better. The only thing of significant interest was in the relationship between Bruce and Alfred.

With 'Batman Begins', Chris Nolans made it more than obvious that the focus on this movie was going to be the devolpment of Bruce Wayne into the Batman. And everyone else was truly secondary characters. Which is why it is proboly the true representation of a"'BATMAN" movie. As Roger Ebert said in his review "this is the BAtman movie I've been waiting for". Same here.

Nolan has made a conscientious decision to focus these series of Batman movies becasue of the direction the previous BAtman movies were made and how they didn't really truly focus on BAtman or Bruce Wayne for that matter. So in that matter he "gets it" but really becasue he knows what type of movie NOT to make from the previous movies.

Calling the Sequel "the Dark Knight" may just be a further indication that he will continue to have the Batman as the main focus and not the villians, especially one as the Joker who can steal a movie because if all the rumors are true the Joker will be spliting some of the time on the screen with the Penguin.

Actually the penguin is supposed to only have a cameo as a weapons dealer.

Yeah Nolan gets it. At least somebody is.

I don't know....

I still have a feeling the posters and trailers for TDK will end up with a "Batman" in there for the GA, like Batman: The Dark Knight, or Batman Is The Dark Knight.

I'm I alone on this?

Batman is the dark knight would totally suck ass, no offense I would rather have BATMAN: the dark knight

ghost113 said:
Actually the penguin is supposed to only have a cameo as a weapons dealer.

"Wanna see the good stuff?, awk"

traveler-umbrella-colorslarge.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"