No More Doombot?

Yodaman

Legend
Reaction score
Back in December I heard that they were planning to make a wave 5 and 6 to the Fantastic Four movie line. One wave had a Doombot in it and the other had another villian from the comics that I can't remember. I havn't heard a thing about these since. Did they decide to scrape it? I know six waves is pretty ridiculous but I thought that Doombot looked cool :doom: Also I on action-figure.com I saw someone's review of the Doombot so I wonder if he just got lucky or if they actually relesed these.

doombot.jpg

Series 5 (Doombot) saw very limited release.
Series 6 (Annihilus) got canned.

:( doombots r gewd,,,,,

I myself wanted to get 2-3 Doombots but I never saw them here. They were a very limited release. Sucks about Annihilus too.

i hope they decide to re-release this at some point
people were really looking forward to this

Blame walmart and over ordering series 1 & 2 of the F4 figures. They sold absolutely poorly and there was probably no retail interest in future series. Walmart probably would blame Toybiz for making figures that don't sell, but walmart ordered more than would be realistically sold. Just like Batman Begins and Superman Returns ("Wonder Woman Stays" is due out next year).

please dont tell me thats the name of her movie... :(

Batman Begins, Superman Returns, and Wonderwoman Stays? WB and there ridiculous titles

I was choked..Not about the Doombot. But I wanted that Annihilus something fierce.

They should have rehashed that in a 2 pack.

They still can. For Face off's wave 2 they should toss in a 4th pair. Reuse ML5 Reed Richards (Though paint his costume to match Sue) and toss him in with Annihilus.

Annihilus will be soorly missed. Its bad enough the FFC figs have been a pain to get (well, I'm mainly taliking about Super Skrull). And I just hope Kang is easier to find. I really hate that TRU is the only spot to find the damn FFC.

Roughneck said:
They should have rehashed that in a 2 pack.

They still can. For Face off's wave 2 they should toss in a 4th pair. Reuse ML5 Reed Richards (Though paint his costume to match Sue) and toss him in with Annihilus.
or throw in sue with a good head and paint her to match reed, and thing...

maybe now that FF movie figs are pretty much clearing out of WM, maybe they'll actually place orders for FF classics figs. let's hope. you just know they would sell a hell of a lot better than those stupid superman returns figures that are out.

My WM actually sold plenty of the FF movie figures. Hell, a bunch of the stuff sold rather quickly. It was the Batman Begins stuff that sat there forever. But the 6inch FF movie figs sold big time. They haven't had any ever since they dropped them to $5 apiecewhich was a few months back. I wanted another series 1 Human Torch for parts (mainly his light-up mechanism) but they sold out. I actually have the Space Man Ben Grimm still MOC that I was gonna trade Doomie before he decided to purge his figure collection

spideyboy_1111 said:
please dont tell me thats the name of her movie... :(

Batman Begins, Superman Returns, and Wonderwoman Stays? WB and there ridiculous titles

...That was a joke.

Notice how Batman and Superman both had a title reguarding what they were doing...beginning, returning..etc. I just decided that Wonder Woman would probably stay. Because women always like to stay the night no matter how hard you kick them out of bed and throw their clothes out the window.

I think he is dead :/.... NO MORE ANNIHILUS??? DOUBLE YOU TEE EFF

Saint553 said:
...That was a joke.

Notice how Batman and Superman both had a title reguarding what they were doing...beginning, returning..etc. I just decided that Wonder Woman would probably stay. Because women always like to stay the night no matter how hard you kick them out of bed and throw their clothes out the window.

aint that the truth. i'm getting married now.

I already am. Thankfully my wife is not a lunatic.

i guess at least one good thing you'll get out of marrying a guy instead of a girl is at least a guy wont go through menopause. they all go crazy then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"