No Way Home or The Flash?

Ezra Miller is consistently the worst part of the already bad Harry Potter prequels. It’s fine to say Gustin doesn’t have what it takes to lead a big blockbuster, but Ezra doesn’t either. He’s turned in some performances that I would genuinely consider to be very poor to outright bad (Creedence in Fantastic Beasts 1 and 2, and his role in The Stand).

I hope he proves me wrong. I liked him in ZSJL , but found the Whedon scripted jokes reeeeally annoying when Ezra delivered them. The jokes were bad, but the delivery made them worse.

They could've made it like Days of Future Past where it was Wolverine who went back in time instead of Kitty Pryde. So here it could be Batman instead of Flash having his Batpoint and resetting things. Then there would be no need for Ezra Miller's Flash at all.

That would probably work better as a movie, but it wouldn't fix the "We still have to pay Ezra for his contract" and "An exec gets egg on his face if Grant Gustin remains the public image of the Flash" problems that I suspect exist.

Ezra Miller is consistently the worst part of the already bad Harry Potter prequels. It’s fine to say Gustin doesn’t have what it takes to lead a big blockbuster, but Ezra doesn’t either. He’s turned in some performances that I would genuinely consider to be very poor to outright bad (Creedence in Fantastic Beasts 1 and 2, and his role in The Stand).

I hope he proves me wrong. I liked him in ZSJL , but found the Whedon scripted jokes reeeeally annoying when Ezra delivered them. The jokes were bad, but the delivery made them worse.

I thought he was fine in the first Fantastic Beasts film but the second one was such a dull mess that I lost whatever attachment I initially had to his character or any of the others. The only actor who I felt delivered a memorable performance in that movie was Zoe Saldana.

Anyway, yeah, Ezra seems more like a character actor than a lead. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong in this movie but I already don’t like his take on the Flash (in either version of JL) so it’s going to take a lot to convince me. Also, I would still like to know how he emerged from that whole choking incident unscathed. I guess the lesson of the Me Too era is… just don’t address the assaults you’ve committed and let it all blow over? I’m sorry if people don’t want to see this brought up again but I really don’t understand how we’ve all just forgotten about this ****.

No Way Home right now.

I hope The Flash ignites a similar buzz this time next year.

I thought he was fine in the first Fantastic Beasts film but the second one was such a dull mess that I lost whatever attachment I initially had to his character or any of the others. The only actor who I felt delivered a memorable performance in that movie was Zoe Saldana.

Anyway, yeah, Ezra seems more like a character actor than a lead. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong in this movie but I already don’t like his take on the Flash (in either version of JL) so it’s going to take a lot to convince me. Also, I would still like to know how he emerged from that whole choking incident unscathed. I guess the lesson of the Me Too era is… just don’t address the assaults you’ve committed and let it all blow over? I’m sorry if people don’t want to see this brought up again but I really don’t understand how we’ve all just forgotten about this ****.

I'm definitely super excited for both. But The Flash is edging out for the biggest excitement for me.

The Zack Snyder cut got me excited to see this and more of the DCEU.
Batfleck is back, Keaton is back, rumors of more surprises because you know they wont reveal everything. Keaton is Forever my Batman (while I do love others as well including Batfleck).

Spider man is exciting as well with all the surprises and callbacks and rumored returning previous cast members and such.

Make no mistake, I'll be seeing both of them.

It's a tough call for me.
They both have nostalgic value and both of their stories sound very intriguing.

I'm more excited to see both of them than to see The Batman in all honesty , but that's me.

I'm a genX Batman and Spiderman fan, so Keaton and Maguire are just gonna take precedence over another new iteration of Batman.

Don't get me wrong, I'll see The Batman when its released, but I just don't have the "OMG" excitement level for it that I do for NWH and The Flash.

Keaton's Batman is what got me into Batman in 1989, so there's that fondness I have with him in the role, and to see him come back to the part is awesome. It's also nice to see Batfleck be able to tie up some loose ends .

While I didn't grow up with Maguire as Spiderman, I've followed the development of Spiderman films since the mid 1990s, and I loved the first two Maguire Spiderman films. I'm also a huge Spiderman fan as well.

So, I'm excited and hyped for both . :batman::spidey:

I want to see a Flash solo movie more than another Spider-Man movie. But given who's appearing in No Way Home, I'm more hyped with the Marvel film.

I voted for The Flash.

At the end of the day, NWH is being directed by the guy who made "Far From Home", and will still center around MCU Spider-Man, a version of the character I care less and less for. I'm pretty much only seeing it for the appearances of characters who didn't derive from the MCU incarnation. Even then, I'm nt sure I'll end up loving what they do with them.

With the Flash, I'm intrigued by how Keaton will play the role after a 30 year break, if this will end up being Batfleck's first good film appearance, and if this film can redeem DCEU Flash the way Wonder Woman and Aquaman were redeemed in their initial solo films.

NWH by a good margin. If it wasn’t for Keaton the Flash doesn’t have much going for it, if anything at all.

Flash is my all time favorite hero and I would love to see him finally get a solo and it do well. I prefer Marvel and the MCU has been awesome for me, but knowing we have already had Spider-Man movies and this is the 1st Flash I would be more excited for Flash.

I'm sort of lukewarm on both. I'm primarily a Batman fan and Keaton's my guy but the first Raimi Spiderman is one of my favourite CBM's. I like Holland but think his Spidey movies have been pretty forgettable, but then I wish I could forget Ezra Miller all together.

Keaton nostalgia just trumps Maguire nostalgia but that's it.

That's exactly where I'm at. My sole interest in either movie is having my nostalgia catered to. And for me, Keaton trumps Maguire in that department. But I'm excited to see both back. No real interest in Miller or Holland whatsoever.

After that lackluster Flash teaser, not even the narration of Michael Keaton can hype me up for it.

No Way Home got quite the boost in the hype department for me.

With both the main draw is the nostalgia since I'm not crazy about the recent MCU Spider-Man movies or Ezra Miller as an actor. I might have to give it to Spider-Man just because the Flash teaser, while cool, felt lacking.

The Flashpoint film could be great, who knows; but as it stands I'm still just frustrated they're wasting Keaton Bats on it.

Aye, there’s the rub. Like, there are people who have been hoping that Keaton would return to the role in some capacity for the past 30 years. And he finally does… as a prop for a movie starring the most insufferable version of a character that typically has very little interaction with Batman.

Yet it’s the ONLY reason I’ll watch that movie.

Aye, there’s the rub. Like, there are people who have been hoping that Keaton would return to the role in some capacity for the past 30 years. And he finally does… as a prop for a movie starring the most insufferable version of a character that typically has very little interaction with Batman.

Yet it’s the ONLY reason I’ll watch that movie.

Yeah it's a hell of a rub.

I must be in the minority, but I was hugely disappointed in the NWH trailer. I was probably more excited after the Flash trailer. I’m actually pretty excited about getting Supergirl in that one as well.

The only way that I would be more excited about Flash would be if it were Wally West.

After the teasers, my hype for NWH increased, and my hype for The Flash decreased. The Flash teaser was one of the worst I’ve seen for this genre. I hope The Flash is good but I have extremely low expectations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"