Norton distances The Incredible Hulk (2008) from The Hulk (2003)

I have no doubt that IH will be a hit and demand a sequel.

However, anyone else wonder how these chapters would play out in terms of timing and release?

Marvel said they plan to make two movies a year, no more no less.

Where would an Avengers movie fits in to these Norton chapters? Chapter 3?

Forget the writer's strike and the actors threatened strike, what will Marvel's slate looks like from here if Hulk is a trilogy? Doesn't Marvel need to be planning that far ahead if they're shooting scenes like the Nick Fury/Tony Stark/General Ross one mentioned?

Maybe...

2008: Iron Man / Incredible Hulk

2009: Thor / Ant-Man

2010: Captain America / Iron Man 2

2011: Hulk 2 / Avengers
(Is that too much Hulk in a year and can it even be done practically?)

Hate to burst your bubble but I believe they have 3 coming out this year, IM, TIH, and Punisher.

I have no doubt that IH will be a hit and demand a sequel.

However, anyone else wonder how these chapters would play out in terms of timing and release?

Marvel said they plan to make two movies a year, no more no less.

Where would an Avengers movie fits in to these Norton chapters? Chapter 3?

Forget the writer's strike and the actors threatened strike, what will Marvel's slate looks like from here if Hulk is a trilogy? Doesn't Marvel need to be planning that far ahead if they're shooting scenes like the Nick Fury/Tony Stark/General Ross one mentioned?

Maybe...

2008: Iron Man / Incredible Hulk

2009: Thor / Ant-Man

2010: Captain America / Iron Man 2

2011: Hulk 2 / Avengers
(Is that too much Hulk in a year and can it even be done practically?)

When did Marvel say they wanted to make only2 movies a year, last year they had 3, Ghost Rider, FF 2, and Spiderman 3. This year they have Iron man, Hulk and Punisher, which from what I understand is also kind of a reboot.

I think they should co-produce something less well known like Ant-Man with another studio so they could make a 3 movie a year. Although they probabley don't want to share profits and fear about over flooding the market with comic book movies.

Marvel have their 2 films a year and Fox or WB also usually have a comic book movie a year.

Thanks, but that's not the interview I was speaking of, exactly.

The Sun quotes from the interview that appeared in Total Film, a print magazine. TF doesn't have the text of the interview on their website.

So I was wondering if anyone else read the interview in Total Film and can draw our attention to anything interesting/revelatory/awesome-tastic?

I think he means 2 movies produced ONLY by Marvel Studios.

That's exactly what I mean. Differentiating Marvel as an independent studio and Marvel character rights procured by other studios seems to be tough to do. Even fans don't seem to see the difference.

Fox can pull a "Daredevil" if they choose and meddle with X-Men Origins: Wolverine at every turn. Marvel answers to no one in regards to Iron Man and Incredible Hulk. There's a huge difference developing future projects as well.

I hope Norton's script doesn't suck...

I really want this movie to be good.

Thanks, but that's not the interview I was speaking of, exactly.

The Sun quotes from the interview that appeared in Total Film, a print magazine. TF doesn't have the text of the interview on their website.

So I was wondering if anyone else read the interview in Total Film and can draw our attention to anything interesting/revelatory/awesome-tastic?

in the full interview, all he talks about is that how seriously he wants this movie to be but also fun. He talks more about the movie but there really isnt anything new.

I liked the first movie despite its problems but I can undersatnd him distancing himself from the first one given the bad stigma that surrounds it. I am just hoping for the best here.

Read the article in TF last night and liked MOST of what i heard. Some things still bothered me, but i dont think this will be a full on action movie anymore, its obvious Norton wont let that happen.

i hope the real distance is in box office.. hopefully big USA numbers and continuing..

Any have a copy of the Total Film interview with Norton?
Ed Norton Wants Hulk Franchise

Posted Jan 24th 2008 12:02PM by Christopher Campbell
Filed under: Action, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Universal, Fandom, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Remakes and Sequels
hulk-%282%29.jpg
Universal has to be really hoping The Incredible Hulk is better received than 2003's Hulk, because according to Edward Norton, the 2008 comic book adaptation is expected to be the first of many. The actor talked exclusively with Total Film magazine and had this to say: "To me the whole thing was to envision it in multiple parts. We left a lot out on purpose. It's definitely intended as chapter one." (Quote retrieved from Ace Showbiz.) You may recall that Norton himself wrote the final draft of the screenplay for The Incredible Hulk, so he would know what was "left out." He could also be hinting that he means to write the sequels as well. But what happens if this version of the Marvel comic is not successful? Will it feel incomplete if it ultimately exists as a dead end?

It is hard to imagine just how much better The Incredible Hulk will be than Ang Lee's film, which really only failed because of a badly rendered Hulk and a truly awful climax. The title character will still be computer animated and the story could still have a disappointing denouement (we've never really witnessed Norton's writing skill before), and it's not unfair to say that Louis Leterrier is not quite as talented a director as Lee. Norton seems quite confident that he's going to deliver something possibly comparable to Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins in quality and tone, but it's easy for comic book geeks to be skeptical. Only 3% of Cinematical readers expect The Incredible Hulk to be the best comic book film of 2008. While that's not surprising since we've also got The Dark Knight and Iron Man to look forward to this summer, it still makes me wonder how many moviegoers expect The Incredible Hulk to be any good at all. So, I ask you:

Do you think 'The Incredible Hulk' will be good?Yes367 (53.8%)No83 (12.2%)I'm not sure..199 (29.2%)The thought just makes me angry and green!32 (4.7%)

Anton, god bless you.

I am so f***ing hyped for this film.

I'm seriously going to be pissed if this bombs. I really will.

I liked the first Hulk movie, even though it had some issues (Hulk was too damn tall), but this new one needs to be one of those that is considered "one of the best comic movies ever".

I mean come on! Don't fail again Hulk. :(
Norton better not write like an idiot. *hopes Hulk is great film*

I'm seriously going to be pissed if this bombs. I really will.

I liked the first Hulk movie, even though it had some issues (Hulk was too damn tall), but this new one needs to be one of those that is considered "one of the best comic movies ever".

I mean come on! Don't fail again Hulk. :(
Norton better not write like an idiot. *hopes Hulk is great film*

uhm, why?

Man, people expect a lot now-a-days.

Because Hulk is way too under rated.
Where as Batman Begins is over rated. Don't get me wrong, it is a good movie and I do love Batman, but I can't see how people consider it one of the best comic films of all time.
I give it like a 7.8/10 or so. I just think Hulk needs to ATLEAST get loved and remembered. Not bashed.

Because Hulk is way too under rated.
Where as Batman Begins is over rated. Don't get me wrong, it is a good movie and I do love Batman, but I can't see how people consider it one of the best comic films of all time.
I give it like a 7.8/10 or so. I just think Hulk needs to ATLEAST get loved and remembered. Not bashed.

I think all it has to do to get loved and remembered is be marginally better than the last in the general populace's view.

Excellent interview with Norton. He must have been one of the fans who found the editing in the last film to be condescending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"