Nostalgia Critic: The Top 11 Dumbest Spider-Man Moments

THAT IS FRICKIN HILARIOUS!!! :woot::woot:

And "SPOT ON"!!! :up:

Choco Chip cookies and Milk.. BAD ASSS LOL!!!

"When will the overrrrrr...acting everrrrr stop..." LOL

"Straight up Jerry Lewis..." Yep.

Sam Raimi pushed the boundaries... and went too far.. (Dance scene)" YOU THINK????? :doh:

FRICKIN Brilliant!! And man, the "top 11" sound soooooo familiar!! hmmmm....

*Thanks for the Link/Thread*

I think at some points he gets really nit-picky but overall makes some interesting points. I agree with him about the dance sequence. There was always corny and weird moments but SM3 really pushed it . I liked the elevator scene , to me that was good comedy. I also laughed at Parker dancing but that was along the lines of "wtf am i watching".

Why on earth wasn't the butler telling Harry the truth scene on this list?!?!?

Harry Osborn's butler suddenly telling him two movies two late the truth about his father's death absolutely should be on the list. It didn't help that the old timer playing the butler (Bill Paxton's dad) isn't exactly Michael Caine (who also played a butler in a comic book movie, Alfred Pennyworth in Christopher Nolan's Batman films). If you've ever watched the DVD extras, the poor guy has trouble remembering his lines.

Suddenly making Flint Marko responsible for Uncle Ben's murder would've been on my list too. First of all, it was a contrived way to give Flint a personal connection to Peter. It also undermined the "with great power comes great responsibility" message since Sandman went off uncaptured (and presumably still stealing for his sick daughter) at the end.

I don't agree with Doug's sentiments that the Spider-Man movies necessarily have to be really serious and non-goofy. Spider-Man isn't a typically "dark and edgy" hero like Batman, Wolverine, Frank Miller's Daredevil, or the Punisher. Yes, there are "serious" moments like the death of Peter Parker's uncle (the catalyst for him becoming a superhero in the first place) and Doug seems to forgot that Spidey loves to quip and trash talk. It seems like negative feelings steaming from Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin has given certain folks the impression that the only way that a comic book movie can be good is if it's totally straight and hard-edged.

My main problem with Venom wasn't that he wasn't in the movie long enough per se, is that they probably should've saved him for another movie. As a matter of fact, Sam Raimi himself didn't want to use the character in the first place. A long-standing rumor was that Vulture (played by Sir Ben Kingsley) would've been in Venom's place. However, the powers that be at Sony pressured Raimi to include Venom due to fanboy pressure.

Why didn't Doug say anything about the lazy and awfully coincidental (there are a lot of coincidences in Spider-Man 3 by the way) way that the symbiote gets in contact with Peter in the very first place? I do agree with him that John Jameson would've been a more logical choice to ultimately become Venom (he has a legitimate beef with Peter because Mary Jane dumped him at the alter for Peter; they could use the animated interpretation of him getting in contact with the symbiote in space, etc.) than the Eddie Brock that we saw here.

Dafoe's best acting is done out of the Goblin costume, so namely his Norman scenes. He was too corny as the Green Goblin, IMO.

I'm speechless of how good he is, how hilarious he is
Best two things about Harry & MJ, and the Mario sounds on the jump scene

Dafoe's best acting is done out of the Goblin costume, so namely his Norman scenes. He was too corny as the Green Goblin, IMO.

Not only that but putting him a platic mask covering his whole face during his Goblin scenes was one of the most stupid ideas ever.

that was terrible, except for the spider-man 3 parts he was just nitpicking.

Not entirely. The extras in these movies are annoying as hell.

I've seen this before and I do believe that alot of it is nitpicking. But I think he was spot on with Venom and the symbiote.

Not entirely. The extras in these movies are annoying as hell.
Very true. And did anyone else notice that The Dark Knight has kinda the same problem?
"NO MORE DEAD COPS!"

The "I didn't sign up for this!" guy was even worst than the "Wicked cool!" kids. At least the kids only appeared once.

The "I didn't sign up for this!" guy was even worst than the "Wicked cool!" kids. At least the kids only appeared once.

Yeah, Raimi gave us some variety with the annoying extras in that scene. We got his daughter selling the camera to Jameson, and the British reporter to annoy us, too :o

Fair enough list.

However, I disagree with the point about Doc Ock's arms being intelligent. I thought that was a great idea and added an extra dimension to the character. The arms talking to him was sinister, and I love the scene where he screams, "Noooo!" and they scream with him.

However, I disagree with the point about Doc Ock's arms being intelligent. I thought that was a great idea and added an extra dimension to the character. The arms talking to him was sinister, and I love the scene where he screams, "Noooo!" and they scream with him.
Agreed.

Very true. And did anyone else notice that The Dark Knight has kinda the same problem?
"NO MORE DEAD COPS!"

Yeah. The Dark Knight was on TV recently and I was really distracted by the extras.

Especially the SWAT guy sitting next to Gordon during the car chase.

Personally,I hate alot of the scenes with extras,esp. in Spider-man 3. Like during the Spider-man tribute parade when that lady introduces him and then acts like a moron,or some of the crowd reactions during the final battle. Just horrible. Hell,there's even a moment in Jaws when the Kintner boy is killed and the parents are running into the water to get thier kids. If you watch,there's one guy with a mustache who has a big smile on his face like he knows he going to be in a movie. It's like,"You're not supposed to be happy in the scene!!" Ugh.

The worst extra was the British reporter. She just makes a mockery out of the finale with her corny dialogue. "It's hard to believe what's happening.....the brutality of it. I don't think he can take much more".

Neither can I, darling :oldrazz:

The worst extra was the British reporter. She just makes a mockery out of the finale with her corny dialogue. "It's hard to believe what's happening.....the brutality of it. I don't think he can take much more".

Neither can I, darling :oldrazz:

Makes me wish Sandman and Venom would've tried to kill Spidey somewhere more private,but that was probably Venom's plan:to have as many people around so that he could kill,and then unmask Peter in front of the whole city.
Btw,kinda sad that those two reporters(the British women and the older man in the studio)are dead. :csad:

I saw this. I agreed on some of the stuff, like the flags and such. But, I still disagree with him on Dafoe's performance and there being too little Venom, amongst other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"