Nostalgia Critic: The Top 11 Dumbest Spider-Man Moments

I'm curious as to what his Top 11 Dumbest Batman Moments list would be, though it'd probably have to be Top 11 Dumbest Batman Moments, Excluding Batman & Robin, considering how much stupidity he already covered in that review.

You could make a top 50 based on the Schumacher movies alone lol.

His bit/feelings on the Batman Credit Card is hilarious!!! :up: :woot:

I'm curious as to what his Top 11 Dumbest Batman Moments list would be, though it'd probably have to be Top 11 Dumbest Batman Moments, Excluding Batman & Robin, considering how much stupidity he already covered in that review.
I like the Bat Credit Card scene, don't like all the fuss it got

You could make a top 50 based on the Schumacher movies alone lol.
Batman Returns is far worse

You like the Bat Credit Card scene, but you think Batman Returns is worse?

You clearly have standards that are so far removed from most people. Needless to say I strongly disagree with you.

The Bat Credit Card is funny, I think people hate it too much

I like Batman Returns, but explaining how much wrong it holds is going to take one long blog entry, or more

Explaining what's wrong in Batman & Robin was put perfectly well by the critic, very detailed. I like that movie more than Returns

The Bat Credit Card is funny, I think people hate it too much

With good reason. It was stupid, made no sense, and was like something out of the Adam West show.

I like Batman Returns, but explaining how much wrong it holds is going to take one long blog entry, or more

Go for it. I'd love to hear your reasons. Go one better, you should even post it in the Misc Batman movie forums, and see what kind of feedback you get.

With good reason. It was stupid, made no sense, and was like something out of the Adam West show.

Made no sense? Maybe. Stupid? Absolutely.

But the Adam West show was awesome, and similarities to it don't make it a bad movie.

Made no sense? Maybe. Stupid? Absolutely.

But the Adam West show was awesome, and similarities to it don't make it a bad movie.

Yes, it does, when these movies are supposed to have moved on from the campy take on Batman. Whipping out a credit card with a bat symbol on it ranks as one of the stupidest moments in a comic book movie. Hands down.

Batman had lived under the spectre of the campy image of the TV show for decades. Burton's movies brought Batman back as a serious character in the public eye. Schumacher's movies effectively shat all over that, and killed the franchise for several years.

So your assertion that similarities to the campy TV show were not bad are not very convincing to me, and I love the Adam West show.

I don't think Gunga is realizing Batman would have to be in full costume to use the card anywhere.

Yes, it does, when these movies are supposed to have moved on from the campy take on Batman. Whipping out a credit card with a bat symbol on it ranks as one of the stupidest moments in a comic book movie. Hands down.

Batman had lived under the spectre of the campy image of the TV show for decades. Burton's movies brought Batman back as a serious character in the public eye. Schumacher's movies effectively shat all over that, and killed the franchise for several years.

So your assertion that similarities to the campy TV show were not bad are not very convincing to me, and I love the Adam West show.
Take that movie out of the Burton film continuity, don't consider it a sequel to Batman Forever

It's very difficult to you, I understand, but I do so since I first saw it in theater

Take that movie out of the Burton film continuity, don't consider it a sequel to Batman Forever

Why should I do that?

It's very difficult to you, I understand, but I do so since I first saw it in theater

Don't make unfounded presumptions about people you know nothing about. I saw it in the theater back in 1997, too. Hated it then, hate it now. Not that seeing it in the theater first would somehow magically alter the quality of the movie. Or ignoring it as a sequel to the preceding movies.

Last edited:
Why should I do that?
To see if you may enjoy it as a campy movie on its own
Don't make unfounded presumptions about people you know nothing about. I saw it in the theater back in 1997, too. Hated it then, hate it now. Not that seeing it in the theater first would somehow magically alter the quality of the movie. Or ignoring it as a sequel to the preceding movies.
I'm sorry, my NLP is set on people shooting answer indicating similar thoughts; "I can't, it still connects"
You took a presumption on me too? I didn't say it was good in theater, I didn't like Forever when I saw it in theaters, hated it for a couple of times before starting to like it

I don't think Gunga is realizing Batman would have to be in full costume to use the card anywhere.
I'm totally aware of that. I am in no way, shape, form, or fashion saying that "The Bat Credit-Card" is a good idea.

All I'm saying is that Batman & Robin isn't a bad movie because it's campy. The Adam West T.V. show is just as legitimate an interpretation of Batman as Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns is. Batman actually lends himself to campiness pretty brilliantly. Batman & Robin is a bad movie because it's garish, overbearing, and the fun of "Oh my god what the **** am I watching" wears off pretty quickly.

That said, I prefer Batman dark. Not dark-for-the-sake-of-dark, but mature and moody. I'm just saying that I don't like judging a movie based on "what it was supposed to be." I try to watch the movie for what it is and let it speak for itself.

Batman & Robin failed miserably because it tried to invoke the camp factor from the TV show while have a sense of seriousness at the same time. That's why the credit card is ******ed and shark repellent is camp.

Batman & Robin failed miserably because it tried to invoke the camp factor from the TV show while have a sense of seriousness at the same time. That's why the credit card is ******ed and shark repellent is camp.

Seriousness? Where?

The conflict between Bruce and Richard (I refuse to call him "Dick" when talking about the Schumacher movies, we snicker at them enough), Alfred dieing, and Nora Fries in a cryogenic coma.

The conflict between Bruce and Richard (I refuse to call him "Dick" when talking about the Schumacher movies, we snicker at them enough), Alfred dieing, and Nora Fries in a cryogenic coma.
I hardly call Nightwing that way

John Jameson as Venom... not a bad idea.
I actually would've liked to see that. It would have been better than what we got{and I liked Topher Grace as Eddie Brock}.

I think he should've replaced the dance scene with the Sandman/Venom deal:
Venom: "We will kill Spider-Man"
Sandman: "YES"

Venom died, Sandman got his ass handed to him, Harry died, then Sandman says: "I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I didn't want to kill your uncle, please understand"

Dafoe's best acting is done out of the Goblin costume, so namely his Norman scenes. He was too corny as the Green Goblin, IMO.

This. Then again, Gobby was written as corny.

After re-watching Spider-Man 1, I have to say, Dafoe tried, he really did. I think most know my stance on the Spider-Man series, however I did appreciate Dafoe's acting when he was in costume, he changed his voice to what I expected the Goblin to somewhat sound like.

I still like the Green Goblin in Spider-Man 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"