The Nostalgia Critic Thread

I like this guy. I don't watch all his videos and only look at ones if I have any sort of memory or nostalgia for the subject, but he plays the over-critical Internet nerd to hyperbolic and delicious levels. He usually makes funny and insightful points. I watch some of the Nostalgia Chick as well and while I think she is very intelligent and likable, she isn't as funny as Doug. Those are the only two I really have watched on that site.

As much as I love the Critic, I prefer Obscurus Lupa and Nostalgia Chick.

I've known about this guy for awhile now, but only just now started watching his videos. They're great. I love his "Doug" review.

NC: Well perhaps some of you are wondering, why are you reacting so harshly to such an innocent looking cartoon? Well let's just say you knew someone who had the same name as the main character of this show..

NC: Do you think any jokes or remarks in connection to this show COULD POSSIBLY affect his life in any negative way? Do you? DO YOU!?!

*NC Looks upwards with a look of terror as he begins to hear voices*

Child Voice: Look it's Doug Funnie!

Child Voice: Hey Doug Funnie, where's Patti Mayonnaise?"

Child Voice:
Hey Doug Funnie, you going to schoooooool?"

Child Voices:
You're Doug Funnie.. You're Doug Funnie.. You're Doug--

NC: Sorry. I just had one of my random psychotic episodes, brought on by this very show. At least I didn't take anyone's life this time. Now, as I was say--

*NC looks down and sees blood on his hands. He quickly hides them, and grins nervously.*

And his review of Doug's first movie. His head is laying flat on the desk as it begins. Doug's theme plays and it cuts to a clip of Jack Nicholson saying: "You f---ing people." LOL.

His Adv. of Sonic the Hedgehog review is priceless as well. Love his reaction to SatAM's cancellation.

Last edited:
As much as I love the Critic, I prefer Obscurus Lupa and Nostalgia Chick.
I watched some Nostalgia Chick videos but in many of her videos she's too parcial, especially reviews of Disney Classics, i tend to agree with Nostalgia Critic's opinions as he can many of the times find something redeemable in movies that are supposed to be fun, instead of bashing it for its thin plot

I just watched his Jurassic Park review and was kind of disapointed, for example, he asks why all the mosquitos were traped in amber when it's something quite normal that happened to some, all they did was takes those mosquitos.

I like the Nostalgia Critic. I've been watching a lot of his videos lately.

He's okay. Sometimes I have to turn the volume off when he's shouting non stop for a minute or two...

Didn't know he had a wife

Anybody watched Renegade Cut? He's one of the smartest critics in the site in my opinion. What i don't like in many of the vídeos is that some just give a synopsis of the movie they're reviewing with a joke here and there, then rush the final 20 seconds in actually analysing the film, if they ever do at all. I think a good example is MikeJ and the guy who does the Game of Thrones episodes. Linkara and Film Brain can sometimes fall into this territory too.

It's just disapointing when i want to see a good review of a certain film or project but end up only having the guy retelling what i have already seen.

My top 5 reviews on this site have to be:

1. Nostagia Chick's review of Showgirls ("Everybody's got AIDS and ****!")
2. Nostagia Chick's review of Teen Witch ("No one will ever top that.")
3. Nostalgia Critic's review of The Phantom ("The Purple Hamburglar!")
4. Nostalgia Critic's review of Dungeons and Dragons ("You've got something on your lip...")
5. Nostalgia Critic's review of Batman & Robin ("A BAT CREDIT CAAAARRRRRD?!!!!")

I've started watching The Nostalgia Critic about a month ago, and I really enjoy his reviews. I find them to be very entertaining, while at the same time informative. I don't always agree with his opinions about some films (I happen to like Independence Day and the live action How The Grinch Stole Christmas), but his reviews of them are entertaining none the less. Is his comedy style for everyone? Obviously not. But then, no comic's style suits all tastes. I know some people who can't stand Robin Williams, Jim Carey, or Bill Cosby, both as actors and stand up comics, claiming "They're just not funny". So obviously humor is very subjective. I for one, find him hilarious. I look forward to his future videos, as I have already seen almost everything he's done so far.

His next review is going to be The Monster Squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"