The Dark Knight The Official Rene Montoya Casting Thread

mad-sci

Civilian
Reaction score
Face it, the LR casting for a 'Female Cop - Latin, 30s. 'Elizabeth Pena' type' HAS to be Rene Montoya, and the fact here character is on a high in comics will not doubt play a role too.

The most obvious person for the role is Elizabeth Pena

pena2.jpg

Pros: Looks tough, can act, CAN play the role

Cons: Too old for the role (is 45), around same age as Oldman.

Next obvious choice is Michelle Rodriguez (Lost, Season 2)

rodriguez015.jpg

Pros: has the right look, capable acting, knows how to act like a cop

Cons: Come across as too cold and unlikeable. Her antics off-camera not well-recieved.

Other possible choices:-

(3)Eva Mendes

evamendes.jpg

Pros: Looks (hell, yes!), can act (Training Day, Out of Time, Hitch), about the right age

Cons: A bit too obvious for the role, 'too pretty for Montoya, OR a tough cop?'

(4)Rosario Dawson

rosariodawson150.jpg

Pros: Looks, acting (better than most), still not a high-paying earner

Cons: Far too young, would never work as a tough, 30s cop (maybe a young recruit?)

(5)Leonor Varela

leonorvarelacov.jpg

Pros: Has the look, age, right stature (not big-lead actress), has worked with David Goyer (Blade 2)

Cons: Acting is spotty at best.

My take: Somebody lesser known than any of these choices, probably.

michelle got my vote
i want rosario or eva for catwoman though i wouldnt mind eva as montoya but rosario is more catwoman type imo

I like Catalina Sandido Moreno if they went with a younger cop. She's only 25 or 26 right now. She received a ton of praise for Maria Full of Grace

sandinomoreno01.jpg

Michelle Rodriguez or Dania Ramirez (Callisto from X3)

Rene Montoya is a Domincan in the comics just like both of these girls.

Fair enough, but neither actress is THAT likeable. The whole point of the character of Montoya was a female, non-costumed hero who you couldn't help but like.

She suffered non-stop, screwed up, drank too much, swore worse than sailors, disregarded the rules, but at the end of the day was a good person with a very human vulnerability.

Neither actresses mentioned have ever really demonstrated that (well, maybe Rodriguez...)

Roselyn-Sanchez-12.JPG

from Without A Trace, Rush Hour 2/3 an basic. She has played tough female cops and soliders in all the movies I mentioned.

Roselyn-Sanchez-12.JPG

from Without A Trace, Rush Hour 2/3 an basic. She has played tough female cops and soliders in all the movies I mentioned.

That could work. Do something with the hair, though, it's way too pretty.

Rosario = Catwoman.

I really think they should go with someone older than those choices. I think the role needs a sense of maturity.

I really think they should go with someone older than those choices. I think the role needs a sense of maturity.

Naw, I think Montoya should be a notch or two just above rookie. We've already got Gordon for maturity and experience. Montoya should start out a bit naive, then grow from there.

Leonor Varela is the best suggestion. Why in the character description they don't mention she's a lesbian?

Leonor Varela is the best suggestion. Why in the character description they don't mention she's a lesbian?

I can't imagine it being relevant to the plot. Or more appropriately, I don't see it being necessary to include that in the character description. Most likely, we won't see much of her personal life in the context of the film.

Nadine Velazquez(Catalina from My Name is Earl) is 31, she has experience playing a cop in House of the Dead 2

Eva Longoria will be 33 when filming starts

the_sentinel_09923.jpg

S-59.jpg

I can't imagine it being relevant to the plot. Or more appropriately, I don't see it being necessary to include that in the character description. Most likely, we won't see much of her personal life in the context of the film.
So, we won't be seeing lesbian sex scenes in The Dark Knight?

i will cut off my right hand if they cast eva longoria as montoya.

Yeah..that orange hair, white makeup, and especially the red clown nose are great traits for Montoya. :p

psh whatever. :p there's also zoe saldana who played a customs officer in the terminal. she is verrrry capable of playing tough even if she doesn't look like a brute.

17.jpg

Roselyn sanchez is ridiculously hot, but she can't act.

My bet would be Rosario Dawson.

Oh I'm sorry did I omit the tilda over the N? Zoe Saldana always plays latinas because she is one.

Let's look at the names characters she has played:
Gabrielle Vega (SVU)
Torres (The Terminal)
Eva Rodriguez (Center Stage)
Anamaria (Pirates of the Carribean 1)
Flor (La Maldicion del Padre Cardona)

I think she can pull off latina just fine. She's not much darker than rosario dawson.

God, this thread is turning into My Top 5 babes of all time list. :woot:

I can't think of who I want to Play Rene because all the blood has lefted my head.

Oh I'm sorry did I omit the tilda over the N? Zoe Saldana always plays latinas because she is one.

Let's look at the names characters she has played:
Gabrielle Vega (SVU)
Torres (The Terminal)
Eva Rodriguez (Center Stage)
Anamaria (Pirates of the Carribean 1)
Flor (La Maldicion del Padre Cardona)

I think she can pull off latina just fine. She's not much darker than rosario dawson.
My mistake then, I thought she was black. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"