First Avenger OFFICIAL: Chris Evans is Captain America

Chris Evans is one step closer to the role of Captain America.

From the Holmby Hills grounds of the Fleur de Lys Estate, where the hoity-toity were bidding on the first Ferrari Italia in the U.S., to the tables of the Spanish Kitchen, the talk Thursday night and Friday was about Evans’ offer of the role of Captain America.

Marvel has not confirmed the development and CAA, which reps the actor, declined to comment.

Evans' offer would include starring in up to three "America" movies plus "The Avengers" movies and appearances in several other Marvel movies. While an offer to star in "America" may seem like something you don't have to mull over too long, one possible complication is that Evans is committed to co-starring in the Anna Faris romantic comedy "What's Your Number?" Both are scheduled to shoot this summer.

The role of Captain America and his alter ego Steve Rogers has been one of the most heavily scrutinized parts by the industry, the media and the comic book fandom in recent memory.

Evans wasn’t in the initial round of actors being considered, which for the most part leaned to the newcomer side. Michael Cassidy, Patrick Flueger, Scott Porter, Wilson Blethel and Mike Vogel, on top of John Krasinski and Chace Crawford, were those testing and reading. Garrett Hedlund was also someone Marvel was interested in.

Evans, who did not screen test, already has a relationship with Marvel, having starred as Johnny Storm, the fire-covered superhero in the two “Fantastic Four” movies that Fox released in 2005 and 2007. There is some question whether fans would be accepting of an actor who already played a Marvel superhero just a few years ago, but given that the movies were not well embraced, with no one faulting the actors, Evans might have a clean slate with moviegoers.

Joe Johnston is directing “America,” which shoots in England.

Evans, also repped by 3 Arts Entertainment, has the DC Comics adaptation “The Losers” in the can and also appears in “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,” Edgar Wright’s adaptation of the popular Oni Press graphic novel series.
SOURCE

Bumping this, 'Cause NOW more than ever, my faith in Mr Evans has sky-rocketed.
Hopefully, after seeing a few more scenes of him in a proper trailer, I'll definitively be able to say:
Official: Chris Evans IS Captain America

12.jpg

18.jpg

10.jpg

20.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

captain1.jpg

captain3.jpg

captain4.png

I was one of the first to have faith in Evans. I am so glad my pick for the role got the role, and I am not surprised at all he looks good in it :up:

I still stand by the line in my signature.

I just really love how Evans looks in the suit. He looks great! The suit looked great in action in the trailer, and it looks like the performances are going to be strong. I can see why Marvel has been waiting on giving us footage. Look at how we're all salivating now!

Remember this guy? :awesome:

w9wagz.jpg

I too have felt like Chris was the right choice since the beginning. We won't know for sure until July but all signs point to awesome!

i like chris, but i still think jon k would have done a great job:O

If JK had bulked up, I could still see him doing a good job, especially with the angle JJ has taken... But it's hard to hold much conviction in that when Evans looks so damn perfect in those pictures.

I was surprisingly positive about John K. He was definitely my outta left field pick for Cap. I always cringed at the mere thought/possibility of Tatum getting the role. I wanted John K over Tatum. By a landslide. Evans was a great surprise, because he was usually the high/good point of some of the unfortunate movies he was in.

I was surprisingly positive about John K. He was definitely my outta left field pick for Cap. I always cringed at the mere thought/possibility of Tatum getting the role. I wanted John K over Tatum. By a landslide. Evans was a great surprise, because he was usually the high/good point of some of the unfortunate movies he was in.
completely agree

Yeah, thats a good point captainrogers, I 100 percent still stand by JK out of that list of contenders. Although I would love for him to play an adult college teaching spidey when Marvel gets the franchise back :D :D :D....Which is bound to happen any day, right?

I always supported Evans but after seeing the trailer and pics I support this casting a million times harder.

Not even just Evans, but I am sold on the entire cast, especially Bucky. I only ever saw that actor in Hot Tub Time Machine and wasn't very impressed (mainly because of the character and the movie in general) but those photos and the trailer, he looks totally bad ass. They are definitely thinking about Winter Soldier further down the line. It's like when we knew Rhodey was in IM and everyone was like "But will he ever be War Machine?!?" and Marvel essentially just winked and gave a knowing smile. I definitely have a feeling we'll see him in later movies.

Remember this guy? :awesome:

w9wagz.jpg

I too have felt like Chris was the right choice since the beginning. We won't know for sure until July but all signs point to awesome!

Great times on the hype. A lot of people on the hype surprisingly supported it, and Rock Sexton was flipping a s**t about it. If you think he hated Evans, he hated JK a thousand times more.

I think so, but I'm really glad Evans got the role. He looks great for the role.

This. Evans is a pretty good actor who's been in some bad films.

Hahahaha. Remember McPufflin? That was pretty funny.

I was a John K. supporter, but even when he was the main candidate, before Evans' name had been thrown into the ring, I remember lamenting with another poster that Evans wasn't an option because we both thought he'd be better than any of the known candidates. So as much as I liked John and thought he was an interesting left-field choice, I've always felt Evans was a 10x better choice overall, and I can't wait to see him in the role.

Hahahaha. Remember McPufflin? That was pretty funny.

How did I know this was gonna get drug up ..... as if it had anything to do with McPartlin, just concentrated on my lame photoshop attempt at the time. Which is what typically goes on in here.

Definitely not anywhere near as funny as anyone who'd support John Krasinski as Cap. Talk about a crap casting idea if I've ever heard of one. Almost makes me like Chris Evans, that's how bad it was.

It was all pretty funny Rock... McPufflin versus John 'Big Nose' Goofrinski, as i remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"