First Avenger OFFICIAL: Chris Evans is Captain America

No, i'm pretty sure they've clearly said several times that they're not doing what Marvel is doing, and they're keeping each film separate to it's own world in order to maintain the respective tones of each comic.
Yeah, that's what they said. But if Avengers is a huge success they could change their mind very easily.

Geoff Johns said they where keeping them seperate for now.

The key phrase being "for now." That doesn't mean there won't be a Justice League movie at some point in the future, but don't expect to see Bruce Wayne popping up in Superman the way Nick Fury pops up in Iron Man. Personally, I think Marvel banked too heavily on cross-franchise references in Iron Man 2 to the point where it got distracting, and that's ultimately why I think John Favraeu left. He wanted to make Iron Man 3, but Marvel wanted to make The Avengers 1.5. At least if DC in the future decides to cross over their franchises for a Justice League movie they'll have kept the walls between them opaque during the solo movies, instead of treating them all like one big franchise and confusing the crap out of people who don't read comics.

JAK®;19673079 said:
Yeah, that's what they said. But if Avengers is a huge success they could change their mind very easily.

Well even if they do decide to link up future movies, you're not likely going to see a Batman film that goes with that. Nolan has stated he wasn't interested in references superheroes outside of Batman in his films and I really doubt Bale would play Batman in a JLA movie.

That's why it makes sense to keep them larely seperate for DC, because if some of your biggest players aren't really interested then the alternative is considering writing them out of the equation. Imagine the fanboy rage.

Well even if they do decide to link up future movies, you're not likely going to see a Batman film that goes with that. Nolan has stated he wasn't interested in references superheroes outside of Batman in his films and I really doubt Bale would play Batman in a JLA movie.

That's why it makes sense to keep them larely seperate for DC, because if some of your biggest players aren't really interested then the alternative is considering writing them out of the equation. Imagine the fanboy rage.
both those guys are spliting after the next movie and are going to have to be replaced anyway, so that's kinda moot

both those guys are spliting after the next movie and are going to have to be replaced anyway, so that's kinda moot

Not exactly. It makes it easier, but you're still left with their version of Batman. If the JLA was going to include all the versions of characters in other movies rather than in its own bubble then you're left with either rebooting Batman or wrenching him from his current world into a very different one.

The key phrase being "for now." That doesn't mean there won't be a Justice League movie at some point in the future, but don't expect to see Bruce Wayne popping up in Superman the way Nick Fury pops up in Iron Man. Personally, I think Marvel banked too heavily on cross-franchise references in Iron Man 2 to the point where it got distracting, and that's ultimately why I think John Favraeu left. He wanted to make Iron Man 3, but Marvel wanted to make The Avengers 1.5. At least if DC in the future decides to cross over their franchises for a Justice League movie they'll have kept the walls between them opaque during the solo movies, instead of treating them all like one big franchise and confusing the crap out of people who don't read comics.

Where exactly were all these references that got distracting??

And only Favreau knows why he left. As far as he wanting to make his own movie, Marvel didn't even let him do that in the beginning, the original villain was going to be Mandarin, then it got changed to Crimson Dynamo which again got changed to Iron Monger. If Favs really wanted, he would've left mid production in the first one. And speaking of Mandarin he had no clue on how to make him for the big screen, look at his interviews when he's talking Mandarin, he gives a different response in each, from making him tech based to some magical wizard. I'm sure that factored in his departure.

But anyways this is the Cap thread and we're here to talk about that awesome trailer.

Well, yeah. Read my other post. I said that Nolan and Bale are one of the factors stopping them from doing it right now.

But they only have one film to go.

I was a John K. supporter, but even when he was the main candidate, before Evans' name had been thrown into the ring, I remember lamenting with another poster that Evans wasn't an option because we both thought he'd be better than any of the known candidates. So as much as I liked John and thought he was an interesting left-field choice, I've always felt Evans was a 10x better choice overall, and I can't wait to see him in the role.

Agreed. I did support John K myself. I think he could have been an interesting choice. But when someone suggested Evans before his name appeared I immediately jumped onto it. Then his name DID appear I got VERY excited. Then I watched Sunshine and have been loving it ever since. And it's about the only top choice of mine who was actually cast for a comic book character.

12.jpg

THIS is Steve Rogers. I love him already as a character. I can already feel his determination. This is my favorite shot in the tv spot.

Last edited:
Oh that is SO my favorite shot! I was discussing this on the TV spot thread.

Skinny Steve. The look on his face as he grunts and writhes through the training. He's getting passed by the other cadets and he's probably hurt and frustrated... and he keeps going and pushing as hard as he can.

It's an insanely awesome moment in the trailer. Loved that so much!

I found this on Tumblr, I'm not sure who made it but... LOVE SO MUCH!

tumblr_lg83agACoy1qbg23ko1_500.gif

Skinny Steve is no doubt going to be the most moving and inspirational parts of the movie, hopefully it'll leave people cheering when Cap is kicking nazi ash.

Bumping this, 'Cause NOW more than ever, my faith in Mr Evans has sky-rocketed.
Hopefully, after seeing a few more scenes of him in a proper trailer, I'll definitively be able to say:
Official: Chris Evans IS Captain America

12.jpg

18.jpg

10.jpg

20.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

captain1.jpg

captain3.jpg

captain4.png

is there an hq screen of preserum steve in uniform standing next to hayley?

That nurse is so busted checking out Steves new body.

:funny:

Not hard to tell whats on her mind.

Where exactly were all these references that got distracting??

And only Favreau knows why he left. As far as he wanting to make his own movie, Marvel didn't even let him do that in the beginning, the original villain was going to be Mandarin, then it got changed to Crimson Dynamo which again got changed to Iron Monger. If Favs really wanted, he would've left mid production in the first one. And speaking of Mandarin he had no clue on how to make him for the big screen, look at his interviews when he's talking Mandarin, he gives a different response in each, from making him tech based to some magical wizard. I'm sure that factored in his departure.

But anyways this is the Cap thread and we're here to talk about that awesome trailer.

I agree, I think people go overboard by saying Iron Man 2 focused to heavily on the Avengers. I wasn't distracted at all by the Avengers set-up because the main focus of the film was still Tony Stark like it's suppose to be.

Cap's trailer does indeed look awesome :cap:

Really? I didn't get a good view of her body in any of the pics or in the trailer itself.

Not for the Cap movie you haven't. You can go look at other pics of her though. She has that curvy pin-up type body. Gorgeous.

I'm so freakin' amazed at how good this looks. It's surpassing everything I could have ever wanted for Cap. How are they doing the skinny Steve? CGI-ing Evans face on another actor just like Arnie in the last Terminator flick?

Not for the Cap movie you haven't. You can go look at other pics of her though. She has that curvy pin-up type body. Gorgeous.

Nice I'm gonna have to look into that, I have a thing for the "curvy" types :hrt:.

I'm so freakin' amazed at how good this looks. It's surpassing everything I could have ever wanted for Cap. How are they doing the skinny Steve? CGI-ing Evans face on another actor just like Arnie in the last Terminator flick?

Bingo, you got it :)

Last edited:
Nice I'm gonna have to look into that, I have a thing for the "curvy" types :hrt:.

Yep

Hayley Atwell "type" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Keira Knightly "type", and it isn't even close.

Aww, it's nice that the boys have eye candy, too. And honestly, I think Atwell will be a love interest-type that women will like/relate to as well, because she doesn't appear to be the type that was chosen for "hotness." She's got character. But this is the Chris thread, dammit. The place for women (and men) to drool over our Cap! So back to that....

chrisevanssignepour3fil.jpg

Wish we could get a HQ version (aka Wallpaper-sized) of this. Still my favorite Steve Rogers pic. :hrt:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"