First Avenger OFFICIAL: Chris Evans is Captain America

And when you go fight Nazis or Hydra in those pajama spandex, no one especially the enemy is going to take you seriously.
Oh please, drop the pajama spandex nonsense. In comics, the characters are drawn as if they are naked, they don't look like they are wearing spandex at all. Obviously more substantial materials are required. And obviously there will be "changes". People like you have some sort of warped idea of what an 'accurate' costume would look like. It has no basis in reality (and goes against precedent)

And crotchless, apparently.
Yeah. Obviously characters can't look exactly like they do in the comics. But you can get pretty close. It's just a case from adjusting from one media to another.

Cool pic ... I don't remember Steve in the Atari shirt in the TV spot. :woot:

Before Atari got into video games, they manufactured Enigma machines for the Germans. After the war, they had to move into electronic gaming.

JAK®;19700112 said:
Oh please, drop the pajama spandex nonsense. In comics, the characters are drawn as if they are naked, they don't look like they are wearing spandex at all. Obviously more substantial materials are required. And obviously there will be "changes". People like you have some sort of warped idea of what an 'accurate' costume would look like. It has no basis in reality (and goes against precedent)

In all honesty, yes I am well aware they`re not wearing spandex in the comics, I simply said it looks like it and the words I used were the best I could describe them. I wouldnt even be against something more accurate in regards to Caps final outfit on film, I`m simply saying I like what they came up with its no biggie to me. And the original point I was trying to make from the begining is how some people disappear and have nothing to say once their fears and worries are layed to rest when a movie comes out (Heath Ledger casted as The Joker for example), I mean these people NEVER admit that they were proven wrong. After the movie comes out all the closed minded pessimists vanish. People who don't widen their horizons miss out on so much. I Love how if they don't like something, that automatically means it "sucks". I would certainly never tell anyone how to enjoy or what their preferences `should be` when it comes to a movie, but my friendly suggestion would be to approach things with an open mind.

Nice bit of info Tim :up:

Yup, I definitely wouldn't lie.
trollface_emoticon.gif

Despite all the spandex talk, I never actually pictured superhero costumes made of spandex, at least not the modern ones.

I think one of the best examples is the modern Wolverine costume. You can clearly see a zipper going down the middle and at times he takes the cowl off and it just hangs over his shoulders like a hood, so it looks like it's made of some sort of tracksuit type material, with hard blue boots.

Another good example is modern Deadpool, where you can see the bagginess of his mask that shows it's clearly not spandex... I have no idea what material it could possibly be, but it looks like the thickness of leather, without the roughness or texture of leather.

I would say the only real superheroes that I ever thought of as wearing spandex were the DC heroes like Supes, GL and Flash (perhaps Spider-Man too)

i must be getting old because the skintight outfits in comics are starting to bug me. especially when it comes to most female characters. everytime i see a chick in a thong or with a bare midriff i find myself asking "why?" lol. well guys costumes seem to be a bit more practical lately at least

i must be getting old because the skintight outfits in comics are starting to bug me. especially when it comes to most female characters. everytime i see a chick in a thong or with a bare midriff i find myself asking "why?" lol. well guys costumes seem to be a bit more practical lately at least

I agree completely. Especially when you think about how comic book movies are really dominating the media and that there a little girls who also consume that media. It would be good if Marvel could show off their superheroines a bit more to give little girls someone to aspire to as much as little boys aspire to Captain America, Spiderman etc.

Yep, you're getting old :word:

No, superheroes actually sleep completely naked. Fact.

I know for a fact from reading specific issues of Marvel comics that Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), She-Hulk and Tigra sleep naked (not together but separately of each other, of course). There are actually quite a few well-documented cases. I'm sure there are a few others.

I know for a fact from reading specific issues of Marvel comics that Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), She-Hulk and Tigra sleep naked (not together but separately of each other, of course). There are actually quite a few well-documented cases. I'm sure there are a few others.

Wow...sweet ;)

Heh - the above 2 posts are proof that DC and Marvel would clean up if they took a leaf out of Comico's book and went the Elementals [BLACKOUT]'Sex Special'[/BLACKOUT] route with their characters.

Not my cup of tea of course but I'm strictly thinking $$$£££'s here - think of how many fan-boys would buy those comics. Of course, even forgetting the moral implications of such a movie (family companies etc), the media ****storm that would come out of it would do more harm than good.

There's undoubtedly a market there though.

Maybe in YOUR world.

Well evidently in everyone else's too, since people can read those comics for themselves and see there was no nude bed sharing between these ladies. They were all in separate comics anyway that I saw these.

Well evidently in everyone else's too, since people can read those comics for themselves and see there was no nude bed sharing between these ladies. They were all in separate comics anyway that I saw these.

:dpf:

"Sense of humor, meet Night Raven. Night Raven, meet sense of humor. I have a feeling you two could get along FABULOUSLY."

completely missed the joke, man. :funny:

I agree. The super women in thongs or someone wearing almost nothing is just stupid to me now. I groan when I see Starfire in DC Universe Online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"