The Avengers Official Easter Egg/Reference Thread

JerseyJoker

Sidekick
Reaction score
Every Marvel film has it...its two weeks till Avengers comes out. But you know, why not get ahead of the curve on this.

And obviously this will be a spoiler heavy thread! SO beware (as i will, since i wont come back to this thread for two weeks until i see the flick.)

The Avengers is the first Marvel Studios movie without easter egg.

There are of course the scene during the credits, but that's all. Even Stan Lee cameo was cut (the scene with Steve Rogers in a café), to be reduced to two seconds. :csad:

I'm sure there will be stuff. Even subtle things. Or maybe all the awesome will be focused the fact that it's "AVENGERS" THE MOVIE AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOLYCRAP.

Stan Lee makes a brief cameo appearance at the end. He's in man on the street news footage playing chess going like, "Superheroes in New York, yeah load of bull."

How about this:

Thanos is seen at the end.

The Tesseract/Cosmic Cube.

Coulson's trading cards feature some comic classic comic images of Captain America.

Coulson gives Tony video files on all the Avengers team members. There's footage of Hulk rampaging from The Incredible Hulk movie, things like that.

Black Widow used to be a killer and an assassin before she worked for SHIELD.

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there were some more but it was hard to spot everything the first time through. I'm sure I will notice more later. I didn't notice the ET's the first time I saw Phantom Menace or R2D2 in Star Trek.

Last edited:
I think there was at least one Easter egg relative to Stark that no one caught

That is all

The number 64 is painted on the helicarrier. 1964 is the year it first appeared in the comics.

Here's one I know just from watching the trailers: Tony wears a Black Sabbath t-shirt. Black Sabbath sang "Iron Man".

Wait, they CUT STAN LEE'S CAMEO? WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!

No they didn't! He's in the movie!

Do you guys know how to read! He's still in the movie!

Also, Agent Jasper Sitwell from The Consultant is in the movie and has a speaking line.

No they didn't! He's in the movie!

Do you guys know how to read! He's still in the movie!

Okay, let me change that:

They changed Stan Lee to a blink-and-you'll miss it cameo WHHHHHHHHHHAAAT!?!?!

Gamingboy,

It's not blink and you miss it. He has a speaking line and everyone knows who it is.

Last edited:
I just remembered another one thanks to McLovin. Here is what he is referring to. Spoiler tags because it was a neat little one:

Stark makes a joke about LMD's.

Putting a list together to make things easier, btw is this thread spoiler tagged? B/c it certainly should be, I'll hide the list below regardless. Not counting some of the stuff mentioned earlier like the Cap cards as they're a bit of a stretch for an easter egg, but I'm including the mid-credit one as it's a cool cameo.

-Thanos
-Life Model Decoy mention by Stark
-64 on Helicarrier (1964 first appearance)
ANY OTHERS???

I'm watching it again on May 3 midnight screening so I want a list to check off :yay: Though by the length and popularity of this thread it looks like it's going to be a really short list relative to other MCU films.

Putting a list together to make things easier, btw is this thread spoiler tagged? B/c it certainly should be, I'll hide the list below regardless. Not counting some of the stuff mentioned earlier like the Cap cards as they're a bit of a stretch for an easter egg, but I'm including the mid-credit one as it's a cool cameo.

-Thanos
-Life Model Decoy mention by Stark
-64 on Helicarrier (1964 first appearance)
ANY OTHERS???

I'm watching it again on May 3 midnight screening so I want a list to check off :yay: Though by the length and popularity of this thread it looks like it's going to be a really short list relative to other MCU films.

I'd like to throw one in, even though it's not specifically mentioned in the film, it might be in dvd commentaries.
I believe[BLACKOUT] the Acanti were [/BLACKOUT]featured in the movie.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=22963227&postcount=991

I noticed this one from the Maria Hill clip they released:

Nick Fury tells Maria Hill "I need you to make sure that phase two prototypes are shipped out". Continued: "Clear out the deck below, every piece of phase two in a truck and gone."

I took it as Marvel's Phase 2 with more possible avengers.

One easter egg i could do with confirming guys!

When Hawkeye leads the attack on the Helicarrier to me it looked like the pilots of his jet had AIM written across their helmets. Could someone who is watching this soon confirm this?

I also loved the use of the Destroyer gun as seen in Fury's Big Week.

Isn't the guy Black Widow smacks around when she's in the chair an actual Black Widow villain?

Huginnand Muninn (the pair of ravens that fly all over the world, Midgard, and bring the god Odin information) are in the movie => during the fight in the woods between Thor and Iron Man.

They were in Thor, on the Odin's throne.

didn't catch any easter eggs. probably the first MS movie that doesn't allude to or references other heroes.

I haven't seen the movie yet (since I'm in the USA), but the IMDB page lists Shawna Lynde (a Thor supporting character from the 80s, if google is anything to go by) and Senator Boynton (from the Armor Wars) are in the film. Is this true?

I noticed this one from the Maria Hill clip they released:

Nick Fury tells Maria Hill "I need you to make sure that phase two prototypes are shipped out". Continued: "Clear out the deck below, every piece of phase two in a truck and gone."

I took it as Marvel's Phase 2 with more possible avengers.
SPOILERS BELOW!!! I HAVEN'T MASTERED THE TAGS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM DON'T READ.

I thought the same but it's explain later that phase 2 is actually using the cube and Hydra tech to make WMDs. There is also the reference to Jane Foster and why she isn't around(SHIELD MOVED HER TO A SECLUDED BASE IN TROMSO, WHICH MUST BE HARDER TO GET TO THAT STUTTGART) during the conversation between Thor and Coulson, I suppose even the gun that Coulson uses is an Easter Egg of sorts as it seeems to come from destroyer tech.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"