Official: Gotham City Sirens directed by David Ayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realised we have two threads for this now, can a mod merge?

Yeah, well I assume so. I wasn't aware so just read up on Wikipedia.

oh right haha. Have you ever heard him in the arkham games or in the cartoons? he sounds just like that Angelo guy Floyd was talking to on the phone. same exact accent, same type of gruff voice, same short temper and speech mannerisms, and he's always the one to commission hits on people in the original source material. I think Angelo might be an alias and he's actually Black Mask. the "elite clientele" Amanda referred to in SS

oh right haha. Have you ever heard him in the arkham games or in the cartoons? he sounds just like that Angelo guy Floyd was talking to on the phone. same exact accent, same type of gruff voice, same short temper and speech mannerisms, and he's always the one to commission hits on people in the original source material. I think Angelo might be an alias and he's actually Black Mask. the "elite clientele" Amanda referred to in SS

I have only seen him on The Batman and in Under the Red Hood. I'm not much of a gamer so never seen him in the games. I do remember seeing him in a pretty cool fan film a few years back though. But I had no idea as to his origin.

I have only seen him on The Batman and in Under the Red Hood. I'm not much of a gamer so never seen him in the games. I do remember seeing him in a pretty cool fan film a few years back though. But I had no idea as to his origin.

listen to his voice and accent in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esIycy_ITJ0

and this is "Angelo" in SS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqfqZPSXZZs

Doesn't it sound like they set him up already in SS? he is commissioning a murder afterall which is kind of his thing and I think the voices and accents are too similar to ignore considering Ayer's tweet which pretty much confirms him as a villain in GCS. He definitely would be considered an "elite clientele" by Waller

I think, Ayer being Ayer, he'll want too put his own 'spin' on it, I think a Scarface type rise to power would make for a good way in to him and have his face scared in a gang land war, how you pin that back in with Wayne and their shared back history makes for a varied villain.

Then again that Angelo guy could be Angelo Mirti, a small-time gangster in Gotham city and member of the Falcone crime family.

listen to his voice and accent in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esIycy_ITJ0

and this is "Angelo" in SS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqfqZPSXZZs

Doesn't it sound like they set him up already in SS? he is commissioning a murder afterall which is kind of his thing and I think the voices and accents are too similar to ignore considering Ayer's tweet which pretty much confirms him as a villain in GCS. He definitely would be considered an "elite clientele" by Waller

Hmmm interesting but they haven't cast an actor as Black Mask yet so the similarities are probably a coincidence given they're in different mediums.

So much for Justin's BS claim that Gotham City Sirens isn't happening for a long time. However long a long time is.

Are...are you kidding? This literally ONLY means he's working on a script draft. Remember when Jeff Wadlow posted all that X-Force art indicating his version of the movie? Remember how Fox eventually let him go?

Remember all that Neil Blonkamp Alien 5 concept art? Remember how that movie got cancelled after?

Remember how Josh Boone posted New Mutants art like more than a year ago, and that still doesn't have a film date locked down?

Want me to keep going?

I mean hey, Justin Kroll is a reporter for literally the most reliable trade on the planet, but hey, David Ayer tweeted a comic picture. Sure, we know that The Batman's done casting and costume tests and still doesn't even have a ballpark filming date, but hey. David Ayer Googled an image of Black Mask so surely this is filming any day now.

Last edited:
I like Black Mask so my interest in this movie just went up a bit

Hope we get the live action look of his video game counterpart
pi06.gif

Yesss.

Need an actor who can be menancing by only using his voice and eyes.

Hmm...

IMG_9859.jpg

I think I'm the only person on these boards who doesn't know what the big deal is with Black Mask. The character does little for me.

I think I'm the only person on these boards who doesn't know what the big deal is with Black Mask. The character does little for me.

Have you played the arkham games? Seen under the red hood?

I just like him because he has a lot of character, but is still somewhat sane...he still has this goal of being a criminal overlord and controlling business in all of Gotham.

Plus he's ready to be tilted at any moment.

He's kind of a Joker lite. Not the most interesting character, but he'll make for a solid threat without overshadowing the leads.

Have you played the arkham games? Seen under the red hood?
I have. Still don't see what the big deal is.

The character looks cool enough, but that's about as far as my interest goes.

So, we want someone who can act with his face occluded. I wonder who could do that.:shr:

tom-hardy-mascara.jpg

Honestly, Nolan should have done Black Mask. In my eyes, it was the most logical step after The Dark Knight. The Joker left the mob a mess/no longer structured. It would have been great to have done the "Dark Knight Returns" style story where, because Batman left, Roman Sionis rose to power rather quickly with little-to-no-opposition.

I always wanted to see Nolan's take on the Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back