Plastic Man

How about Jimmy Fallon as Plastic Man

I wonder what's happening with this movie?

Even though he's my current fan cast for Mr. Fantastic, Bill Hader would be equally great as Plastic Man. Make this a small budget feature, no major super villain or doomsday third act. Simon Stagg instead maybe?

Hiro Murai directed a lot of episodes of Atlanta, and directed Hader in several Barry episodes too, among others (Legion, Snowpiercer, and a lot of music videos). Maybe he's got a good pitch and could give it a go?

Grant Morrison did a lot of great character work in JLA that could be used as a basis. Start small, but it'd be great to see Plas join a reinvented Justice League down the road.

How about Joseph Gordon Levitt as Plastic Man

Plastic Woman? So they plan one using one of the Kardashian broads?

This is a perfect example of swapping gender of a character needlessly. DC has a large array of female superheroes to choose from to make a feature film: Batgirl, Supergirl, Powergirl, Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Starfire, etc. Why not use one of them?

Plastic Woman? So they plan one using one of the Kardashian broads?

This is a perfect example of swapping gender of a character needlessly. DC has a large array of female superheroes to choose from to make a feature film: Batgirl, Supergirl, Powergirl, Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Starfire, etc. Why not use one of them?

Because they aren't flexible enough?

For once i kind of agree. DC has the strongest slate of females and it appears they aren't that interested in using the established ones. This marks the 4th newly "established" female to get their own show/movie. Im wondering if they were inspired by Elastigirl from The Incredibles. Either way, i would've just made a husband/wife movie where they both have variations of the same power.

ouch. Back in the day, they tried to get Jim Carrey for this. maybe Adam Sandler or Bruce Campbell would have worked. No idea who you could get for a female version.

Just feels so weird to want to make Plastic Man with a female lead, why not use one of the many female DC Characters? Tbh I can imagine this one won’t end up seeing the light of day.

My gut instinct: its pasta on the wall. Somehow a Plastic Man Movie Project got started, and it never went anywhere, so somebody spitballs ideas to somehow get it moving. "Random gender swap" being one of those ideas. Of course, since that doesn't actually do anything interesting or meaningful, and thus doesn't resolve the core "We don't actually have any good idea for why we should do this movie" problem, nothing comes of it.

Absolutely. I would be so stoked for a movie with any of those characters as the lead. I'm not really invested in Plastic Man as a character so I have no axe to grind, but this just seems dumb, pointless, stupid.

I've honestly been waiting for a plastic man movie for years just because the character has so much potential as like a more PG-13 Deadpool/Mask. I'm still entirely sure why they feel the need to do this though.

Bit of an odd character to do this with but, sure, sounds fun. I’d love for DC to focus more on their weird B-List, so many great lesser known characters.

Might as well make it an allegory on gender fluidity or something.

And get the Wachowskis back to direct. Didn't they originate the project back in the early 2000's?

Last edited:
Jerry Trainor would be perfect for the role. He has the energy of a young Jim Carrey which would've been my first pick had he not aged over the years.

Late to the news, but it makes no sense to me. Pretty much kills my interest. There are so many awesome female characters they could center a movie around and yet...

Plastic Man, while fun, is such a D-Lister that I don't see anything wrong with completely altering him if you have a funny idea for it.

He's been underutilized, no doubt, but I wouldn't call Eel a D-Lister. He's a classic character dating back to the Golden Age, and carried his own Saturday morning cartoon back in the day. He has strong name recognition among the general public. And as one of the first comic book heroes to incorporate humor and a morally challenged protagonist, he was Deadpool decades before that character was created.

A Plastic Man movie should be as close to a sure thing as AT&T has in its DC character lineup. So I question the logic of changing Mr. O'Brian into a dame.

Ben Schwartz wants it but I think Jerry Trainor might be better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"