Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. He's got quite the hot stepdaughter. :o

Attention folks....you will post civilly and without the rude name calling....or you will not post at all.

LOL, what the heck happened here?

Why is everyone being so confrontational and stand-offish.

First of all regarding negotiations, this might not be the case but sometimes negotiations for things like this are not uncommon. Chris Evans told me originally his deal was to play Captain America for nine movies. Then he said it ultimately became six. So that could've been a negotiation from his agent and manager. Maybe they wanted Evans to sign on for nine movies at first, but they ultimately settled at six.

Also I think everyone is being pretty hasty with this news. Just think, a few weeks ago we thought it was going to be Joseph Gordon Levitt as Star-Lord and he was "offered" the role. Was Chris Pratt even being talked about in the group when we first heard about people reading for Star-Lord? No he wasn't.

But ultimately, the practice of websites reporting casting news official before it actually is, is becoming quite tiresome. It's clear this news with Momoa isn't official yet.

LOL, what the heck happened here?

Why is everyone being so confrontational and stand-offish.

Because deadmannuk12 was antagonizing everyone with a series of illogical & fairly stupid posts.

It's better now.

Sounds like similar behavior to Alexei ;) .

Either way, sounds like the casting news is NOT official and was reported prematurely.

Emmy Rossum
Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Emily Blunt
Olivia Wilde
Blake Lively
Amber Heard
Malin Akerman
Jessica Biel
Abbie Cornish
Berenice Marlohe
Rachel Nichols

Nice list.

I want to know how many Kang would get behind?

I'm not thrilled with this casting, but I'm not against it either. I made my thoughts on Momoa known back when people were suggesting him: He's fine unless he's given a lot to say (in English). He's certainly got the look/build, and I don't know much about GotG, but Drax doesn't seem to be the biggest talker of the group, so if these negotiations pan out, I guess he could work out nicely.

I'm not thrilled with this casting, but I'm not against it either. I made my thoughts on Momoa known back when people were suggesting him: He's fine unless he's given a lot to say (in English). He's certainly got the look/build, and I don't know much about GotG, but Drax doesn't seem to be the biggest talker of the group, so if these negotiations pan out, I guess he could work out nicely.
Well said. That's pretty much what I think too.

Someone on that other site posted video of Momoa from GOT. It shows him being menacing, but he wasn't called on to act much. Drax is a more talkative than a lot of people believe; in fact, he sometimes verges on the eloquent. Then at other times his dialogue become a bit more simplistic, which is down to inconsistent writing. But he's intelligent, if highly brutal in his approach to problem solving. I'm not sure that Momoa can handle the more thoughtful Drax moments, if such should be included in GotG.

[YT]6_hZT_jl6lY[/YT]

Momoa was intimidating in the scene, but that grey-haired chick was much scarier. If they decide to cast Death, that's who should play her.

Momoa was intimidating in the scene, but that grey-haired chick was much scarier. If they decide to cast Death, that's who should play her.
She was on one of the many shortlists for Cap 2

I never had a problem with Momoa on Stargate, where he had plenty of scenes with dialogue. I guess people are just going off his more popular and recent roles.

It's a shame Momoa probably won't play Conan again, but he'd be an excellent Drax indeed.

Yeah, Stargate is where I feel he is the most Drax-like.

Just curious....to the whole Mila Kunis Gamora thing, it appears she will be playing the wicked witch of the west in oz. Maybe if she is good in that she could pull off gamora??
*shrugs*

Someone on that other site posted video of Momoa from GOT. It shows him being menacing, but he wasn't called on to act much. Drax is a more talkative than a lot of people believe; in fact, he sometimes verges on the eloquent. Then at other times his dialogue become a bit more simplistic, which is down to inconsistent writing. But he's intelligent, if highly brutal in his approach to problem solving. I'm not sure that Momoa can handle the more thoughtful Drax moments, if such should be included in GotG.

[YT]6_hZT_jl6lY[/YT]

Fun fact the actor he kills is Charles Dickens Great Great Great Grandson ;)

I think Gunn knows Drax can be kind of an avant garde type when it comes to things, and hearing poignant stuff coming out via Momoa's somewhat gruff surfer dude-ish voice is a contrast he probably wants in the character.

I'm trying to find examples online, but all I get are panels of him being the silent type, or talking as much or like Hulk. So if he does speak, doubt it's going to be a lot.

Last edited:
I think Gunn knows Drax can be kind of an avant garde type when it comes to things, and hearing poignant stuff coming out via Momoa's somewhat gruff surfer dude-ish voice is a contrast he probably wants in the character.

I'm trying to find examples online, but all I get are panels of him being the silent type, or talking as much or like Hulk. So if he does speak, doubt it's going to be a lot.

Read Annihilation, he talks a lot in that in that, when he does have something to say its often important and relevant to the situation. In Annihilation he basically taught Richard Rider to fight.

Read Annihilation, he talks a lot in that in that, when he does have something to say its often important and relevant to the situation. In Annihilation he basically taught Richard Rider to fight.

He's not a man of many words, but he's not a man of few words either. He's kind of like Wolverine. Well, how Wolverine used to be anyway.

so wait, is Momoa confirmed? or still in negotiations?

He's definitely confirmed to possibly be in negotiations to maybe take the role

I hear he didn't possibly think about maybe asking for more money or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"