Official Hype Super Bowl XLII party thread!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the G-Men have a chance, even though the Pats are seemingly unstoppable. But hey, the Giants came as close as anyone to beating them a few weeks ago. I'm pumped for this rematch.

Early score prediction

New England Patriots - 3
New York Giants - 2

I think the G-Men have a chance, even though the Pats are seemingly unstoppable. But hey, the Giants came as close as anyone to beating them a few weeks ago. I'm pumped for this rematch.

Nooo that's wrong. See?

CITIZEN-WATCH-AD-0507.jpg

He was playing pretty damn good though. I can't believe he went through all that.

Doesn't really make LT look all that great though. Any word on his injury or what it was? I don't remember seeing him being treated on the sidelines or anything.

Doesn't really make LT look all that great though. Any word on his injury or what it was? I don't remember seeing him being treated on the sidelines or anything.

LT wasn't injured during the game. His knee wasn't at 100% and the coach benched him. So it's not his fault that he couldn't be out there.

Well it's the biggest game of his life. And I think it played a pretty big part of why the Chargers had trouble in the red zone. Turner had Rivers play on one leg but LT, who was supposedly the healthiest out of the 3 main guys injured (Gates) on offense, didn't go because he wasn't 100%. Ehhhh I don't know if I buy that. I think if he really wanted to, he could have gone back in the game.

Well it's the biggest game of his life. And I think it played a pretty big part of why the Chargers had trouble in the red zone. Turner had Rivers play on one leg but LT, who was supposedly the healthiest out of the 3 main guys injured (Gates) on offense, didn't go because he wasn't 100%. Ehhhh I don't know if I buy that. I think if he really wanted to, he could have gone back in the game.

Oh I agree with you. I find it funny that he plays 2 series then is benched the rest of the game. I kinda wonder if it was worse than what we were told.

But my problem was that if it really was worse, why wasn't a trainer looking at him or why didn't he go back to the locker room for a check up or something. He just sat there in his jacket and helmet on the bench entire game. Doesn't look too good.

The excuse we got is that Turner gave them the best chance to win. If LT was at 90%, they could have at least used him in the red zone like you said. I really don't know what to think of it.

We'll see, they played us good last time and Id have defiently taken the Packers over them. But let's see...after what Randy did to them last time, I expect them to try and take him out of the game ala Jacksonville and San Deigo. That would leave Brady with Wes, Donte, Watson and Faulk, which will all have good games. But I believe the current mvp of the playoffs for the Pats will once again be called upon, and hopefully be ready to deliver as he has over the past 5 weeks.

Laurence Maroney has established himself as big time weapon; his taking over of the game in the 2nd half yesterday is stuff of legends. He's the hottest, one of the most talented, and least talked about and game planned of all the Pats big stars, and teams have been forgetting him.

this poll isn't as one sides as i thought it would

one team being 18-0 and all

Wow
Chargers QB Rivers no longer has ACL

Philip Rivers no longer has an ACL in his right knee, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

While this is a scary injury and Rivers will need a reconstruction of the knee, John Elway played 16 years without an ACL, so it's been done before. Rivers maintains that he will be ready by the start of training camp, but previous timetables regarding these injuries indicate that's optimistic. Carson Palmer had a similarly timed injury and made it back for Week 1, but wasn't quite the same for a while. Jan. 21 - 5:54 pm et
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

That's stupid - how are they student-teacher? :huh:

:shrug:

You know cuz like...Eli is like...the student and Brady is the master??....:csad:

*awaits flaming from fran*

It would be Peyton being the teacher, Eli is the student.

Now you're just baiting me in.

Seriously though, that last game of the season was a nail biter. Should be a great game. Giants have a legitimate shot.

Giants defintaley have a shot. They've shocked alot of people beating the cowboys, Packers and ALMOST defeating the patriots in week 17.
I'm not gonna do wut 99.9999999999% of people here will think i'll say but i can say that i smell Over time in this one.......I can say that i really don't know who'll win. i hope New England wins but i have my doubts....:csad:

No Super Bowl has gone into OT. I doubt that'll happen this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"