Official Legion of Super-Heroes Thread

Hopefully, we'll get an amalgamation of all three. In a perfect world we'd get XS, Waid Brainy, and Silver Age Karate Kid all on one team. In a perfect world....

That would be pretty awesome. Only, y'know, the Silver Age Karate Kid's dead and all. :o I'd need Waid Cos on there, too. Maybe DnA Lightning Lad and Invisible Kid.

Pfft, he's too badass to let death stop him.

I could totally see him dropkicking Neron's ash.

God, the Waid KK was such a wuss compared to him.

Waid cheated and completely changed her personality. As far as I'm concerned, the Supergirl in Legion was a completely different character than everywhere else in DC.

It wasn't just your concern, it was a different character, and far more completely rounded than in any of the other writings in DC at the time.

I admit to still reading this book and I enjoy it for the same reason I enjoyed all the other Legions books. It's different. Each incarnation is different and so you get this complexity and the ability to compare/contrast with it, that you don't in other comics. Because you can't totally change a character's history like you can with the Legion.

I admit that it's not my -favorite- incarnation. But it keeps me interested, and so far the plots have held me.

I've noticed that is a comic is done "right", But is not "outstanding" or "crappy" in some way,... you don't read it here.

LOS has gone thru some serious changes over the last three years,.. I'm happy that it's reverting back to something I recognize.

V.

Being a little kid reader of Shooter's Legion in the 70's, it's been a great read thus far...

:yay:

I'll try actually posting in the comic forums, now that I'm getting my comics more than once a month. :p

And yes, I am very impressed with the direction the Legion is going. :) I am such a youngling I had to go look up Shooter... But it made reading it even more interesting after I knew he had history with the Legion.

The additions to the "Waid Legion" (which needs a different name, come to think of it) since Waid left have mostly sucked. Matter Eater Lad is some slick lawyer and Wildfire is an assassin. Meh.

Don't they call Waid's Legion the Threeboot?

Not that it is a better name.

I was never sure what Threeboot referred to. I thought it might've been the post-Zero Hour Legion.

Threeboot is the Waid Legion. Reboot is the DnA Legion. Everything from Silver Age up through the Giffen Legion is the original Legion.

Don't think I've picked this up since.... late '80s....... what's it like now?

Oh, okay. That's the one that introduced XS and Monstress and all those people, right?

I bought like the first year under Waid but was underwhelmed and dropped it.

Picked it back up when Shooter came on board. Pretty good so far.

Matter Eater Lad as the lawyer was one of the coolest things I've read in the entire series.

I liked Matter-Eater.

matter-eater.jpg

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"