Official Legion of Super-Heroes Thread

It certainly isn't what it was under Waid, but Shooter's run has still kicked ass.
Well, I don't think that it's bad, but it's definitely not kicking ass. I find it pretty mediocre, myself. I can't justify keeping it on my pull list any longer.

Geoff Johns' legion in action comics is better!
Well, the writing in Action Comics is superior to most stuff in general, IMO.

lol Stone Boy in the Legion of Substitutes was awesome with the peace signs doing his stone thing.
Yeah, that was great. They tossed a little humor into the mix, and it worked out really well.

Waid found a way to make Supergirl interesting during his run. That alone means he's a better writer than just about everyone else at DC.

Waid cheated and completely changed her personality. As far as I'm concerned, the Supergirl in Legion was a completely character than everywhere else in DC.

Normally that would suck, but since the Supergirl found everywhere else in the DC universe is a horrendous *****, it worked for me.

Didn't Jeph Loeb make it a point to make Supergirl a horrendous *****? And have her fight Power Girl, a copy of herself, Power Girl again, Supergirl from the 60's, Power girl....God I hated that book...

I don't know what Loeb was trying to do with Supergirl. I think he honestly must've just tried to come up with the absolute worst traits of all snotty, obnoxious teenagers everywhere and somehow combine them into a superhero. I can't conceive of any other way Supergirl could've turned out so amazingly annoying.

There is an "official" LoSH thread, for the guy who started one to complain about the book...

:yay:

:csad:

I was aware of the "official" thread, but I didn't feel the need to dig up a discussion that ended over a half of a year ago...to announce that I was dropping a book from my pull list. So I started a new thread. If I have anything else to say about the issue, I'll post it there. If that's not okay with you, then contact the site admin and see if he'd be willing to launch a new forum for whatever "official" topics you want to keep reserved to single threads.

Really? Seriously? No one else likes this book?
I've been reading it and loving it every month. The guys at my shop love it to.
I had never read legion before the reboot. ( That is a lie, I suffered through a couple issues with Supergirl and HATED IT, I LOATHE Supergirl) but now that Supergirl is gone, this book is just rocking my socks.

Waid actually wrote a great Supergirl, go back and check out the TPB's.

lol... nah, I'm cool... I didn't know if you were aware, and I know they like to keep topics within the same threads to avoid cluttering up the boards, but it didn't bother me in the least.

Though I am disappointed at the lack of posting in this thread, considering what's going on with the Legion currently...

:huh: :huh: :huh:

LoSH has always been garbage. All this title ever told me is "By the year 3100 all of the superheroes in the Universe are emo angsty teenagers."

You've obviously didn't read any Legion stories from the late 70's/early 80's... :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

lol... nah, I'm cool... I didn't know if you were aware, and I know they like to keep topics within the same threads to avoid cluttering up the boards, but it didn't bother me in the least.

Though I am disappointed at the lack of posting in this thread, considering what's going on with the Legion currently...

:huh: :huh: :huh:

I've noticed that is a comic is done "right", But is not "outstanding" or "crappy" in some way,... you don't read it here.

LOS has gone thru some serious changes over the last three years,.. I'm happy that it's reverting back to something I recognize.

V.

Is it possible to find a Legion paperback? I don't think I've ever really seen one..

Waid cheated and completely changed her personality. As far as I'm concerned, the Supergirl in Legion was a completely character than everywhere else in DC.

That was the only possible way anybody could have made Supergirl an interesting character.

EDIT: I actually take that back cause there was that one issue of the Brave and the Bold which Waid wrote starring Supergirl as the obnoxious Super***** we all know and loathe and she was still more interesting in that than any other comic she'd been in. So I guess the moral is just Waid = infinity times better than Loeb at everything, ever.

I don't know what Loeb was trying to do with Supergirl. I think he honestly must've just tried to come up with the absolute worst traits of all snotty, obnoxious teenagers everywhere and somehow combine them into a superhero. I can't conceive of any other way Supergirl could've turned out so amazingly annoying.

I think he just got an actual 13-year-old girl to write the comic for him.

"Supergirl shows up and she's Superman's favoritest person EVAR! And then like Wonder Woman shows up and she's like 'Supergirl is too Super-cool for you Stupid man she's going to join the Amazons and learn to KICK ASS!' An' then Darkseid tries to brainwash her and she gets a super-cool Evil Chick costume but then she's like 'nuh uh you can't brainwash mes cause I'm SUPERGIRL!' and then Batman PUNCHES DARKSEID IN TEH FACE OMG!!!!! And Superman and Supergirl race and Supergirl beats him cause she's like the coolest ever and then Supergirl beats up the entire JLA and like Nightwing TOTALLY has a crush on her omg he's totally hawt!"

I had never read legion before the reboot. ( That is a lie, I suffered through a couple issues with Supergirl and HATED IT, I LOATHE Supergirl) but now that Supergirl is gone, this book is just rocking my socks.
So you hadn't read it before the creative team changed, you mean? I don't think it's a reboot. Just a fairly substantial change in creative direction.

Is it possible to find a Legion paperback? I don't think I've ever really seen one..
I have a paperback from the Abnett and Lanning era. Foundations, it's called. It's mostly about Superboy (Connor) getting stuck in the future and how the different Legionnaires react to him. The conflict between Connor and Cos was pretty cool. Cos loses his respect for Connor when he realizes he's just a childish screw-up.

There were some great stories supposedly from that post zero hour era, like when Live Wire (Lightning Lad) died. Or when Element Lad went nuts. I've only heard of these stories, never actually read them, but what I heard sounded promising. Too bad they haven't' collected much from that era.

Foundations covers some of the aftermath of both of those things you mentioned, with Lightning Lad's spirit somehow hopping into Element Lad's body and a romantic conflict ensuing because Saturn Girl doesn't know how to act around him and all. Mostly, I liked the DnA era for X-S, 'cause every good team needs a speedster, and for helping to mature Conner Kent considerably.

Yeah, I read some of those when they came out. Loved that Titans/Legion crossover which effectively ended that whole era. Something just sounds so awesome about a Fatal Five Hundred versus the Legion/and Titans. Theres really no way they should have won.

With this new mini coming, and the sudden resurgence of the Legion, they really need to get off their asses and get the rest of that stuff out in trade or something.

Yeah, that'd be nice. I may actually get the new Legion mini, even though I initially hated the idea of it. I suspect the more modern versions of existing characters are ultimately going to be replaced wholesale with their Silver Age counterparts, which kind of sucks, but if it also gets people like X-S back into the picture, it might be worth it. Can't go wrong with Perez art, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"