Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cosmo Black, a lot of people were clamoring for that color. I more partial to Midnight Purple myself, but I don't see the XL getting that since it doesn't seem to have a lot of demand.

Look at some of my older posts in this thread. I've been demanding it plenty. :cmad:

my wish? Midnight Purple 3DS packed with LoZ: Majora's Mask

Two weeks till the new Mario & Luigi. Who's picking it up?

So, I got an unexpected gift yesterday: cash for my Nintendo 3DS XL purchase :) It was given to me on a check, and I have to wait until the 14th, but I still got the funds. Got a little library built up, too. SMTIV, Project X Zone, and plan to buy Fire Emblem soon. Probably going to go with the Cosmo Black design just 'cause it's new, and I doubt they'll be a midnight purple XL in the foreseeable future.

So, I got an unexpected gift yesterday: cash for my Nintendo 3DS XL purchase :) It was given to me on a check, and I have to wait until the 14th, but I still got the funds. Got a little library built up, too. SMTIV, Project X Zone, and plan to buy Fire Emblem soon. Probably going to go with the Cosmo Black design just 'cause it's new, and I doubt they'll be a midnight purple XL in the foreseeable future.

So the 3DS XL is FINALLY available in black? I just asked the guys at a Gamestop two days ago if it was, and they said no.

It comes out August 11th. Duke posted about it last page

So, I went ahead and got a 3DS. Was going to get the Black one, but decided I liked Blue a lot better anyway. I'm kind of fuzzy on this StreetPass stuff, though. I get the general idea of it, I think. You pass someone else within a certain limit that has a 3DS in sleep mode or being played, you get some kind of tag, or something, right? What about games that have those features? Do you have to have the game in the 3DS or does just having a save on the system do it?

Pretty much, once you 1st play a 3DS game, it'll ask you if you want to create/save "extra data" and/or allow Streetpassing and Spotpassing with this title. If you choose either, that data is saved directly to your 3DS. From then on, you won't need the actual game in the 3DS to receive data from Passing.

finally got Donkey Kong - what a fun game - Luigis mansions will be my next buy... think I prefer 3DS to any other console to be honest - other than pokemon and zelda are there any other big ninty game coming soon?

finally got Donkey Kong - what a fun game - Luigis mansions will be my next buy... think I prefer 3DS to any other console to be honest - other than pokemon and zelda are there any other big ninty game coming soon?

Super Smash Brothers, Legend Of Zelda: Link Between 2 Worlds, Yoshi's New Island, Mario Golf: World Tour, are among many that are coming soon.

Introducing... The Nintendo 2DS. No, That's Not a Typo.

Screenshotfrom2013-08-28082623.png

Nintendo will be launching a new portable gaming system in October. It's called the Nintendo 2DS. It's a 3DS without the 3D, and it's shaped like a thin piece of cake.

"This is an entry-level handheld gaming system," Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told Kotaku earlier this week when we got our hands on the unusual device.

The 2DS will sell for $129.99 and will be available in red or blue. That price makes it $40 cheaper than the Nintendo 3DS and $70 cheaper than the Nintendo 3DS XL (and recently price-dropped PlayStation Vita).

Removing the flip close is really weird.

Last edited:
It also makes it more clunky, more cumbersome. For me it be a hassle to carry around & just unattractive.

I also predict, it's doomed to fail, bank on it.

This is obviously for the younger crowd below 7 years old who can't/shouldn't play the 3DS.

But this is still quite funny and weird. :funny:

Here's the 2DS introduction trailer:
[YT]sAExBTWIp3M[/YT]

I wonder how big it is? I'm getting a GBA micro vibe from the look of it.

EDIT: Just saw the video, not that small.

I'm don't want to say it's ugly, but man. At the very least that's a pretty weird-looking thing.

Having two screens on one surface just looks odd as hell to me.

Its like the PSP Go of this generation. Kinda pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"