Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, it's not like 3D was ever really a particularly essential thing. It can be cool, yeah, but I never found it to be a core aspect of the thing to be honest. Also, he mentioned the DS, which didn't have 3D.

the 3D makes the games look ten times better imo

I find it hit or miss really. Sometimes it really adds, like with Fire Emblem for instance, but other times I just find it kind of there and not much more. I've never thought it as a major feature honestly.

The 3D sucks. But the system otherwise is fantastic. Kid Icarus is the best game I've ever played in my life.

• The 2DS Is Cooler And Smaller Than Expected

pax 2013
    hot-post.png

on Aug 31, 2013 at 07:14 PM
    3ds_icon.png

After getting his hands on the device at PAX Prime 2013, senior associate editor Tim Turi walked away surprised by how good the system feels and how compact it is.
    ... More

I'm definitely want to get a 2ds. First I need a job though. :csad:

Sure you don't just want to shoot for the standard 3DS, then? When you do get that job?

No. I refuse to support 3D technology. And the 3DS XL that my brother has is really uncomfortable to hold and use. The 2ds looks really comfortable, and reports have said that it is.

I'm sure in another life he refused to support talkies too.

Oh please. 3D is a gimmick. It's like chia pets, every 10-20 years, it's trendy, then it goes away again.

Oh please. 3D is a gimmick. It's like chia pets, every 10-20 years, it's trendy, then it goes away again.

film wise I agree it's gimmicky and adds next to nothing

on the 3DS it makes the game pop and look alot better than it does when the 3D is off... I never play mine with the 3D off, Ocarina with 3D right the way up is beautiful

Yeah, pretty much. People argue that it's a natural progression of medium, but I don't see it myself. I don't refuse to support it, though. I generally don't find myself supporting it very much either, just not that into it.

Well it's not that I'm not supportive per se, but there really isn't that much to be supportive about. I mean, it barely seems to be utilized, at least, in a way that makes the gameplay superior. I recall it came up kind of in Mario 3D Land, to gage so jumps, but it just doesn't add much for me.

The 3D is an add on. Not to say it's a bad add on, but that's what it is.

So the 2DS is the new hipster devise?

"Nah bro, I like 3DS games, I just don't support the 3D". :oldrazz:

A themed 3DS for a game, but not a bundle? Bit odd.

I never play mine with the 3D off, Ocarina with 3D right the way up is beautiful

On top of finding it nauseating, I hated it because you really need to hold the 3DS in the same position to maintain the effect.

I actually wouldn't mind getting a 2D.

In all seriousness, my language was probably a little harsh. 3D tends to hurt my eyes and give me headaches if I look at it for too long. Mix that in with the screen having to be in just the "right" spot for it to work and it doesn't sound like a fun experience for me, personally.

And as I've mentioned before both the 3DS XL and the regular DS were uncomfortable for me to hold for long periods of time. The new 2DS seems to have a more comfortable design.

Having to hold the ds at the perfect angle to see the 3D ruins the whole experience for me.

A lot of people complain about that, but it's honestly never bothered me. What weird angles are you guys trying to hold your 3DS at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"