Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo To Discontinue Original Nintendo 3DS Launch Colour In Japan. September 13, 2013 . 12:59pm

Cosmo Black was a launch color for the 3DS, while Ice White was launched a few months later. Both are being discontinued.

Sharp eyes at Inside Games spotted Nintendo’s online shop in Japan listing two versions of the original 3DS—“Cosmo Black” and “Ice White”—as soon-to-be discontinued. Cosmo Black was a launch color for the 3DS, while Ice White was launched a few months later.

3ds_black_big_thumb.jpg
3ds_ice_big_thumb.jpg

With their passing, the last of the 2GB Nintendo 3DS units will be pulled off the market in Japan, leaving only three 3DS sets with 4GB memory cards—Metallic Red, Light Blue and Gloss Pink.

The last color variation to be discontinued was Misty Pink and Cobalt Blue in May. The two variations will join Flare Red and Aqua Blue in the discontinued list for Japan.

source:Siliconera

I just bought a 3DS With Animal Crossing

I live in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia I mention that because I entered the eShop Between programs and Games are update There are only 15 things in it and the Games Between this software is currently unavailable or available at your local retilailer

Anyone getting Scribblenauts Unmasked for the 3DS? I've never played a game in the franchise but I'm a big DC fan and I'm wondering if I should buy it digital or physical.
Any recommendations?

I don't know. I bought a Scribblenauts game for my iPad for 10 bucks, and it was fun! ...for ten bucks. I can't see myself paying more than 15 for a fun little time-waster.

Is this the kind of game you want to have always on your system (like Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Smash Bros.) or play and then put it on the shelf?

I can't decide if I should buy it physical or digital

If you've not played the series before, I would get a physical copy.

Yeah, it looks really cool. I almost wish I'd waited to get that one, well almost.

I'm thinking of saving up to get a 3DS XL for my nephew&niece for Christmas and was wondering if a memory card/stick comes in the box or do I need to buy it separately?,how much are they?

It comes with a memory card. If you (or they) plan to do a lot of digital, you may want to get a bigger card, but if not, the one that comes with it should do fine.

I bought a Nintendo 3DS XL just to play the pokemon game...My goodness the advancement in handheld consoles are crazy...This is truly the next step in handheld gaming. Last time I played a handheld was the original fat gameboy/Pokemon Red....I had been playing Sony home consoles...For nostalgic reasons I put money down to get the Nintendo 3DS XL, and I have to admit its a beautiful piece.

Its currently outselling Xbox 360, PS3 the past few months...Its been on a tear and also had a price drop for the fall at $169. I went ahead and got it...Truly amazing, and I had done a ton of research on if I should have picked up the regular 3DS or XL...The matte finish and the screen not being glossy is a huge difference...

I'm thinking of saving up to get a 3DS XL for my nephew&niece for Christmas and was wondering if a memory card/stick comes in the box or do I need to buy it separately?,how much are they?

3DS XL comes with a 4GB memory card

3DS comes with a 2GB memory card

Hey guys! I need your help.

I need a 3ds for jrpgs. It's the only genre I care about now a days.

I want a 3DS XL or 2DS. I'm OCD Big time and can't handle scratches and bad shoulder buttons. I heard the XL still scratches the screens when closed.

I should get the 2DS for the sexy shoulder buttons. But isn't the potential for scratches like crazy?

I've not had a problem with scratches on my 3DS XL, but if the shoulder buttons seem that bad to you, yeah, just get a screen protector for a 2DS.

Thanks guys. I'm getting the 2DS for Pokemon and Bravery default.

About Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies - Can I play it without knowing everything about the Series?

Reviews

Nintendo 2DS Review

The Nintendo 2DS has arrived

Snyopsis:they played with the Nintendo 2d's. it's cheaper then the 3d's and plays all the same games, but it feelalot more like a toy.

scott's score 6.0 vic's score 8.0

And on to the news.

Walmart Black Friday Sale Has Nintendo 2DS For $99 And More. November 12, 2013 . 8:30am

Walmart in the U.S. will be offering Nintendo 2DS consoles for $99, 4GB Xbox 360s for $99 as well, and 12GB PlayStation 3s for $149 on Black Friday.

Walmart in the U.S. will be offering Nintendo 2DS consoles for $99, 4GB Xbox 360s for $99 as well, and 12GB PlayStation 3s for $149 on Black Friday, according to an ad reported by BFAds.net. Additionally, a second ad reveals that you’ll be able to buy a bunch of games at a discounted price as well. You can view both ads below.

The first round of Black Friday sales will begin at 6pm on November 28th—Thanksgiving Day—with the second round scheduled to begin at 8pm later that night.

Nintendo Direct tomorrow on previously announced 3DS games [update]

(10 hours ago)

It's another Direct week, with Nintendo of America hosting a broadcast on previously announced 3DS games due by early 2014. The livestream is due tomorrow, November 13, at 8AM PT/11AM ET. There's no word from The Big N's Japanese or European branches about a simultaneous broadcast as yet, but tradition suggests another 3-for-1 package.

Looking at the Nintendo handheld's upcoming line-up, we might expect release dates for the likes of Mario Golf: World Tour (recently rated by the Australian Classification Board), Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (already out in Europe), and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (due in Q1 2014). We might, except we've long learned to expect the unexpected (and not expect the expected) with Nintendo's often eccentric broadcasts.

Either way, you'll be able to join us to find out what's in store, because as ever we'll be hosting all available livestreams in one handy Joystiq post, directly to you.

Update: Sure enough, Nintendo of Europe will have a simultaneous broadcast (4PM UK time) "with a focus on 3DS games for the next few months."
Source: EPD.TV/ROTR, Siliconera & @NintendoAmerica

Last edited:
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/13/youtube-comes-to-3ds-soon/ if you missed it .

Watch today's Nintendo Direct on upcoming 3DS games right here [update: all over!]

(8 hours ago)

[YT]mijfc0-zEgw[/YT]

Update: It's over! Fret not, gentle reader, because you can watch replays of the North American and European livestreams here on this post. Also, we have all those lovely news morsels for you to digest right here.

Blah blah PlayStation 4 blah Xbox One blah. Yes, there may be some new consoles nearing the wild, but for half an hour starting at 11AM ET (8AM PT) the focus will shift to arguably the hottest gaming system already around (well, I'd argue it): the 3DS.

It's been a stellar year for the multi-liveried handheld, with the likes of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X/Y, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team all coming to the popular portable. The upcoming line-up looks strong too: Mario Golf: World Tour, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy to name but a few of those waiting in the 3D-enhanced wings.

Nintendo says today's Direct will focus on already announced 3DS games that are due between now and early 2014 - possibly including the games I listed, possibly others. You'd think there'd be a few release dates frittering about, but I've predicted what seemed like sure-fire release date hauls before, only to end up with nothing but a few trailers and an image of Iwata dressed up as Luigi, or Phoenix Wright, or Donkey Kong (image not found). In other words, let's wait and see.

Either way, you can find out right here on Joystiq, either via the North American stream up top or the European stream below the break (no Japanese stream today). If you just want the newsbites, we'll chew into all the major announcements as they come.

and here are some articles

YouTube comes to 3DS soon

(6 hours ago)

3DS is getting a YouTube app in Europe and North America soon, Nintendo announced during its Nintendo Direct streams today. Nintendo America noted the app should hit 3DS "later this month."

The Wii U YouTube app will be updated as well.

Miiverse And Nintendo Network ID Coming To Nintendo 3DS In December [Update]. November 13, 2013 . 8:24am

An account system is coming to the Nintendo 3DS in December, Nintendo announced during a Nintendo Direct presentation this morning.

An account system is coming to the Nintendo 3DS in December, Nintendo announced during a Nintendo Direct presentation this morning.

Update 2: More details regarding Miiverse here. Nintendo Network ID details here.

The update will allow you to use the same Nintendo Network ID across both your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U consoles, and share Nintendo eShop credit between the two systems this way. Alternatively, you’ll also be able to create a new Nintendo Network ID for your 3DS, but this will mean being unable to combine your eShop credit.

Nintendo have not yet announced if the introduction of the Nintendo Network ID system to the 3DS will allow you to link games to your account rather than your 3DS console.

Additionally, Miiverse will be coming to Nintendo 3DS in December as well, alongside the update that adds the account system to the console.

Stay tuned for more details.

Update: Added clarification regarding game purchases being tied to account as opposed to hardware.

and lastly

You Can Only Have One Nintendo Network ID On A Single 3DS. November 13, 2013 . 9:15am

You’ll only be able to create one single Nintendo Network ID account per 3DS console.

In December, Nintendo will bring their Nintendo Network account system to the Nintendo 3DS, allowing 3DS owners to either create a Nintendo Network ID for their 3DS, or to use their existing Nintendo Network ID from Wii U on the device.

Using the same Nintendo Network ID across both consoles will allow you to share your Nintendo eShop credit between the two. Additionally, Nintendo mention that, in the future, you will require a Nintendo Network ID to download free demos and other content on 3DS, as well as post to Miiverse, which is coming to 3DS soon.

However, there’s a catch—you’ll only be able to create one single Nintendo Network ID account per 3DS console. Nintendo say that, if you’d like to transfer your account to a new Nintendo 3DS system, you’ll need to use the “Transfer title and data” procedure.
Source: Nintendo Direct& Siliconera

Last edited:
Wait a min! So is Shovel Knight not coming to the 3DS? That video only listed WiiU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"