Official - Omahyra Mota Joins Cast!

Retroman

Avenger
Reaction score
The Domincan born (raised in NY) model/actress Omahyra Mota has officialy joined the cast! The role she plays is unknown at this moment in time. She's had small roles in State Property 2 and Brett Ratner's After the Sunset. She's already been spotted on the set of the movie when they shot scenes at Robson Square/VAG a few weeks ago.

0208193834ax.jpg
23somahyra3nw.jpg

From Models.com:
Omahyra Hits The Silver Screen
September 27th, 2005 by wayne

Omahyra/NY Model Mgmt. PH courtesy of NY Model Mgmt
It’s official! Our much loved Omahyra has cinched a role in X-Men 3, currently being lensed by Brett Ratner. Though Miss Mota has a three month shooting schedule, she was flown in by Gwen Stefani, especially for her turn down the L.A.M.B catwalk during NY Fashion Week. Then it was back to the top secret set for more X-Men action. Bet you can’t wait to suss out which character she’ll be playing!
Source (NOTE: THE PICTURE ON THE SITE CONTAINS SOME NUDITY.WHICH SOME MAY FIND OFFENSIVE. PLEASE DO NOT POST IT, THANK YOU :) :
http://models.com/oftheminute/
http://models.com/oftheminute/?p=761

More info on Omahrya: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1082020/
http://groups.msn.com/OmahyraMota

UPDATE
According to news and picture agency Splashnews Omahyra is a mutant as has been speculated.

From Splashnews:
Catwalk model Omahrya to play a mutant in new X Men 3 movie
rany290905t031yr.jpg

Stunning catwalk model Omahrya has landed a part in new movie X Men 3 - playing a mutant. The pierced and tattooed beauty has previously appeared in After The Sunset and State Property 2. Earlier this month she modelled for singer turned designer Gwen Stefani in New York.
Source: Splashnews

From NY POST/PAGE SIX:
MODEL'S X-FACTOR

September 29, 2005 -- OMAHRYA, the pierced and tattooed runway rebel who's injected some excitement into the modeling world in recent years, will play a mutant in "X-Men 3." The dishy Dominican is in Vancouver shooting the third installment of the superhero franchise. Omahrya previously appeared in "X-3" director Brett Ratner's "After the Sunset" and Damon Dash's "State Property 2." Ratner, who has always had an appreciation for models, let her fly back to New York to walk in Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B. launch on the last night of Fashion Week.
Source: http://www.nypost.com/gossip/54307.htm - Orginally spotted on joblo.com

Thanks to turlie for the inspiration for tracking this :up:

UPDATE
According to SHH forum member and XMF webmaster Ant Omahyra is playing Stacy X!

Just how many new characters is he trying to fit into this thing!!!!!!!!!!

Guyverjay said:
Just how many new characters is he trying to fit into this thing!!!!!!!!!!

A chunk of the characters in the movie are there just to be there.

thanks to Court , we already know that she is on the henchwomen of Magneto ..

i think she got charisma..hoping that she can act..

Hmm. Maybe she's playing a totally revamped Destiny?

I think it's either that, Stacy X, Callisto, orrrrrr Domino.

three month shooting schedule

IF (big if) she's Stacy X then, well....

CrawlerFan said:
Hmm. Maybe she's playing a totally revamped Destiny?

I think it's either that, Stacy X, Callisto, orrrrrr Domino.

i think that like that she would be perfect for Callisto..She has that vicious side.

anyhow for the moment , i can't imagine her not being a character gifted at hand to hand combat..

Well, I thought that when I heard Rebecca was Mystique, but look at her.

Retroman said:
three month shooting schedule

IF (big if) she's Stacy X then, well....

:o whoaa .I didn't saw that the first time i read it (just wake up)

so we have another(in one way or another) important character on our hands.. :o

Maze said:
:o whoaa .I didn't saw that the first time i read it (just wake up)

so we have another(in one way or another) important character on our hands.. :o
Yup it looks like its more than a cameo. But as who? Stacy X, Callisto, ???? :confused:

Okay. So what's that now in terms of importantness?

Storm
Wolverine
Xavier
Magneto
Phoenix
Beast
Angel
Rogue
Bobby
Juggernaut
Shadowcat
Leech
and now Omahayra.

This so far seems like the list of important characters. So, now..hmm. Wow, this film is really overpopulated with seemingly important characters.

CrawlerFan said:
Well, I thought that when I heard Rebecca was Mystique, but look at her.

well , i agree?i don't see your point? :confused:

(my english being not that good , maybe i confused you? )

CrawlerFan said:

Storm
Wolverine
Xavier
Magneto
Phoenix
Beast
Angel
Rogue
Bobby
Juggernaut
Shadowcat
Leech
and now Omahayra.

This so far seems like the list of important characters. So, now..hmm. Wow, this film is really overpopulated with seemingly important characters.

You mean importance. And like I said before...a chunk of the characters we are getting are going to be there just to be there.

I thought that when Rebecca was announced for Mystique in X-Men 1, that she didn't seem the type to have alot of action sequences, but look at how many action sequences Mystique had/has.

CrawlerFan said:

Storm
Wolverine
Xavier
Magneto
Phoenix
Beast
Angel
Rogue
Bobby
Juggernaut
Shadowcat
Leech
and now Omahayra.

Yep , and we are talking there whithout knowing the Lenght of Cavita Rao part or that of Bill Duke...

I'm really starting to get worried about this film now. -tries to to hold of judging film until a trailer is released-

CrawlerFan said:
I thought that when Rebecca was announced for Mystique in X-Men 1, that she didn't seem the type to have alot of action sequences, but look at how many action sequences Mystique had/has.

well , personnally i always that felt that she could do it.

And ,maybe i explained myself badly , i dunno that's what i feel for Omahyra Mota ..:D

RedIsNotBlue said:
You mean importance. And like I said before...a chunk of the characters we are getting are going to be there just to be there.

No, I meant importantness :o. I talk weird sometimes. That's just me. And...wow, that's really troubling me. -foresees the diehard Gambit fans calling outrage at this and saying ''Why can't he just be there?"-

CrawlerFan said:
No, I meant importantness :o. I talk weird sometimes. That's just me. And...wow, that's really troubling me. -foresees the diehard Gambit fans calling outrage at this and saying ''Why can't he just be there?"-

TXV: Over time, we've heard lots of casting reports about a whole slew of new characters in the film; can you discuss any of the cameos that feature in the movie?
ZP: No, but I will say this. Everyone should take a big step back and chill out about all these set reports. Some characters that are listed on casting sheets are just there to give them a name. Not all these names being tossed around are actually going to be in the movie. I get so tired of reading about how there are too many characters.

I'm not saying there's too many characters. I'm saying that the number of important characters is getting up there. Omahyra is there for three months. So obviously she's somewhat important.

RedIsNotBlue said:
I get so tired of reading about how there are too many characters.
Then why is it that we're getting so much casting news?

CrawlerFan said:
Well, for many doomsday has arrived. We have Stacy X.

:down :mad: :down

she better be Callisto,but I see no eye patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"