Official Rock Band 2 thread

Seriously, am I the only one who up-strums? I'm starting to feel like a freak here. :csad:

Not only that, I play with lefty flip despite the fact that I'm right-handed. Can't explain it. :csad: x2
I up-strum for bass. It feels more authentic. For guitar, though, I'm a down-strummer.

That second bit is just weird.

I up-strum for bass. It feels more authentic. For guitar, though, I'm a down-strummer.

Yeah, that'd just confuse me. Like Gallagher said, I guess I'm a natural bassist.

That second bit is just weird.

Fretting with the left hand's what always felt weird to me. Placing your finger in the right button/chord is a lot more complicated than just strumming. Why would you do it with your off hand? :huh:

Fretting with the left hand's what always felt weird to me. Placing your finger in the right button/chord is a lot more complicated than just strumming. Why would you do it with your off hand? :huh:

On an actual guitar, you don't always just strum all 6 strings, you have to strum maybe just , or 2, or 3 of them, or even strum one, not the one immediately after it, but then the one that follows it. Much easier to make the chords with your left hand and do the complicated strumming with your right. And really, making chords on this game, really not hard, and can easily be done with the left hand.

On an actual guitar, you don't always just strum all 6 strings, you have to strum maybe just , or 2, or 3 of them, or even strum one, not the one immediately after it, but then the one that follows it. Much easier to make the chords with your left hand and do the complicated strumming with your right. And really, making chords on this game, really not hard, and can easily be done with the left hand.

I guess we can agree that I'm a freak, because even complicated strumming feels more natural with the left hand for me. Dunno why, it's just a habit I picked up as a kid and now can never let go. Whatever, it works for me.

Not really a freak. Hendrix, Cobain, etc. all played left handed. True, Cobain was pretty much a terrible, amateurish guitar player (don't get me wrong, I like Nirvana, but still)...But I don't think that had anything to do with the hand he used.

Ok... Here I go again.

Kurt wasn't a terrible guitarist, he was an incredibly lazy guitarist, theres a difference. :p

People have been mentioning to me this "alt strumming" technique.

It's mentioned here:
http://guides.ign.com/guides/14257567/page_11.html

-TNC

When you start playing through the expert difficulty, alt strumming(up and down strumming) is needed on some songs such as chop suey, battery and painkiller just to pass those songs. It's a good idea to start working on this technique before you actually have to implement it because it may take some time to get used to. Also try not to strum too fast while alt strumming. In a song like chop suey, you will want to strum as fast as you can because that's how the song sounds. If you do that, you will begin to "over strum" which in many cases is much worse than just missing a few notes here and there.

Neither game will get that complete album. Slash owns three songs and is exclusive to GH, while Axl owns the rest and is exclusive to RB.

Neither game will get that complete album. Slash owns three songs and is exclusive to GH, while Axl owns the rest and is exclusive to RB.

What 3 songs do Slash own from that album?

The three you'd want to hear... "Welcome to the Jungle", "Paradise City" and "Sweet Child o' Mine".

The three you'd want to hear... "Welcome to the Jungle", "Paradise City" and "Sweet Child o' Mine".

Axl Rose must've been stupid to let Slash own the 3 best songs from that album.

Good news, I like a good number of tracks off of Chinese Democracy

I heard a rumor that Rock Band will soon have Snoop Dog as DLC. Is that true? What do you guys feel about it? I doubt you can play guitars and drums in a Snoop Dog song, unlike Beastie Boys.

I heard a rumor that Rock Band will soon have Snoop Dog as DLC. Is that true? What do you guys feel about it? I doubt you can play guitars and drums in a Snoop Dog song, unlike Beastie Boys.

"Ugh" is all I can think right now. I knew they were willing to stretch the concept of ROCK Band, what with the country pack and some other s#!t that should never pass for rock, but this is just ridiculous. Feels like something Activision would do, but at least they have the decency to ****e out their properties with something like GH Metallica, but this... No excuse.

I can easily see some of Snoop's song working just fine, as well as being enjoyable.....but they're all going to be 1-tier and 2-tiers songs.

Songs like "Ain't Nothing But a G Thang" and "Beautiful" would work well, but other songs would probably be trying too hard.

Yeah,...They are quite a few R&B and hip-hop tracks with good guitar/bass lines.

I'd be cool singing vocals to that. :p

and many can argue that a lot of music genres, particularly Adult Contemporary R&B are subsets of ROCK anyway.

-TNC

I can easily see some of Snoop's song working just fine, as well as being enjoyable.....but they're all going to be 1-tier and 2-tiers songs.

Songs like "Ain't Nothing But a G Thang" and "Beautiful" would work well, but other songs would probably be trying too hard.

I think it's time for HMX to update the character creation feature, by adding Hip Pop and Country so your characters can look the part when playing Snoop Dog and Dixie Chicks. :oldrazz:

It hasn't been announced anywhere, but I've been told by The Doors manager that a track pack for The Doors is planned, but your guess is as good as mine as to when that will be. God I'd love that

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"