Official Script Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by batman strikes, Aug 20, 2006.

1. CFlash Registered

For folks that keep asking: I'm not sure if the rapidshare link to the script is still up, but it looks like you can also get the script from http://www.badongo.net/file/1874389

P.S.
    Keep in mind it's a draft and likely outdated
    (tho judging from set reports it doesn't seem like they've strayed too far).

2. RED-RAIN broken balls

i hope you all reallise that there are going to be three transformers movies, so the first is most likely going to be just an "introductory" movie...
    just because the transformers are not in it from the begining, doesnt mean that this will be as horrible as it currently looks... i have read some scripts with worse dialogue, and they turned out awesome on screen.. it's all in the delivery.
    and before i get jumped on for this, im not trying to negate anything thats been said before nor am i trying to berate anyone's intelligence... it's just that if this is going to be a trilogy, there is still plenty of room for character development and decent plot devices...who knows? it might all tie together in the end and make some sense...

3. ShadowBoxing Registered

There is always room to make up lost ground in a sequal. But it is kind of that "why do today what you can put off until tomorrow" logic that often ruins sequals.

4. nosebleed. Registered

Let's see if this is going to be a Bay handled trilogy though. The only trilogy recently that has been handled with great success (fans and moneywise) is Lord of the Rings. Matrix and Star Wars have been horrid...but if they had switched off directors then yaknow, different talents and whatnot. The original Star Wars trilogy had that good mix. So have the Harry Potter movies so far (with the exception of the boring 2nd movie).

5. CFlash Registered

I wont be able to take the pain if there are sequels and Bay is involved. I just can't.

6. RED-RAIN broken balls

this is probably wishfull thinking on my part, but i think this movie will be a lot better than what it's currently believed to be... then again it could be a lot worse than we fear it has become, but i'll continue to sit on the fence untill i've seen it.

7. otrock Registered

Can someone please pm me the link. I know that I am late, but i still want to check it out. Thanks

8. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

Link for what? The script or the website for the new trailer?

9. RED-RAIN broken balls

yeah i can't get that site (the script) to work either.... probably a good thing from what i've been hearing, though

10. TheReturnOfP Registered

I downloaded the script, and read the 111 pages in thirty minutes...so I have to agree with latinoreview.com and say that the scripts rocks...and people might complain about the Transformers not getting enough screen time, but it's filmed in the planet EARTH, meaning there is gonna be more screen time for humans, the Autobots and Decepticons are aliens, and the time that they do have on-screen is pretty damn good...the fights sound intense, especially the final battle...and they have good dialogue, I mean the parts when Optimus Prime speaks, it's just awesome, because just hearing Cullen say Prime's lines, it will be freaking awesome...and the Sam/Mikaela scenes are dandy for me, Shia is funny, and freaking Megan is hot, so I'm not gonna complain about seeing Megan Fox walk, talk...****, she could freaking run around naked, and I will be fine with it, haha.

But what I don't get is this:
    did anyone know that the Energon Cube can transport sparks into X-Box's and plasma tv's? I didn't know that, but ehh, I'll let it pass...the final battle, I think Optimus should've been the one to kill Megatron, but then the way he dies, I guess it'll just show how powerful that Cube is...the funny parts are actually funny, like how Ironhide wanted to neautralize (sp?) Sam's parents, but Optimus and Jazz starts to argue with him...and also, Starscream seems to me that he'll have a much bigger role in the second movie since he's the only Decepticon that lives. Which also makes me think of this, since Megatron "dies" in the first movie in which will be a trilogy, I do think Galvatron might appear in the second one.

11. Kanon Crazy

OK, someone needs to learn about spoiler tags :p

12. TheReturnOfP Registered

How do you make those?

Edit: I found out how, haha...I should've looked it up and found out before I sent it. Thanks for for reminding me about it though.

13. CFlash Registered

There was nothing wrong with the script per se (other than some core unfaithful-to-the-source elements--- like Bumblebee morphing and lack of natural resources plot) . But when I read it, I couldn't help but envisioning Michael Bay's craptastic, all-style/no-substance, moviemaking style... and in that sense, the script came off as horrible and cliched.

14. TheReturnOfP Registered

Well, yah, I do agree...Michael Bay's filming on Miami Vice made it pretty dull...it wasn't filmed like a movie should be filmed...but, hey, with Steven Spielberg helping, it could be different...Spielberg is a genius when it comes to blockbusters, so, I think that will change the whole outcome, so, yah, I do get your point, but I do think it will be a b-a movie in '07...as soon as I got done reading the script, I knew that this was gonna surpass other big-budget movies such as Spider-Man 3, Fantastic Four 2 and Priates Of The Caribbean 2.

15. terry78 He will eat YOU... if you are wrong

I am in agreement that this is introducing the TF to Earth, and their reaction to them. A sequel may find them going the 1980's movie route and going out to space or a Cybertron-type planet with some humans in tow. Now that would be pretty interesting.

16. Superman79 Superman79 Returns

Question about the script:

Is anyone else disappointed at the lack of Megatron/Starscream lines/insults??? That needs to be in there!! Also, does anyonne really think Megatron is dead?? I mean his body is still there, and killing him so soon???

Also, has anyone watched the vid clips on the Tranformer site where the script writers answer questions??? From what they say, it almost seems as though some things about the script we've read have really been changed ie, Megatron/Starscream...

17. IKnowSomeJudo Registered

edit:wrong thread

18. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

From the most recent script I read there were no lines that included Megs vs SS stuff, but we have been told that they will keep there classic fude, so I'm guessing that the script has been revised and has included there personality. Go to the official movie website and go to the video section to see the Q and A's.

19. Bapman2099 Registered

BOO YEAH !!! This movie looks HOT !!!
    And to the "DUDE" that talked about MIAMI VICE... errr... that movie was made by Michael Mann... not BAY.
    LOL
    BTW... anyone ever thought about how the TF car chases will be like !?
    I mean we all know BAY's fascination with high speed... uber destructive and detailed car chases... and transfromers where most are cars.
    HAHAHA... I'm cracking up just thinking.

20. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

I'm not a big fan of the script either but you have to admit, the Decepticons are pretty spot on. They sound organized, militant and ruthless. I'm gald they weren't written they way they were in the G1 cartoon which was as incompitant, stmbling ,bubbling fools.

21. IKnowSomeJudo Registered

And the portrayal of autobots is pretty faithful. Optimus Prime is dead-on, Ironhide, Jazz & Ratchet mirror their G1 counterparts' personalities pretty closely, and as for Bumblebee, well there's a bit of Hot Rod in him (no, not that way, you pervs), but, personally, I'm fine with it.

22. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

All the Decepticons need, is more dialogue. But in Bay's mind, would that make them seem less ruthless? I mean, in the script they sound really cold, which is good. But that's only because they don't talk, so you get the Terminator vibe from them; cold blooded, silent killers who are focused on their goal. If there's more dialogue from the Decepticons added to the script, it should be between Starscream and Megs. The other's should talk to each other in Cybertronian, with subtitles for us to read. They'll seem more sinister then, imo.

Also, is it just me or would a non-fan seeing this movie have any idea that Starscream is the Leader in Megs absense? They give no indication to who's in charge in the script, which worries me.

23. cryptic name No Limits

that's very true. they could use more dialogue though, mostly between Megatron and Starscream.

24. CFlash Registered

I don't know about "spot-on." They're very cold in the script (as you said)... but also "animal-like." They reminded me more of the creatures in Aliens than Decepticons. They're one-track minded and... drone-ish. Very Terminator-ish (as you also said). That's not what the Decepticons were all about (to me).

Plus, I never thought the Decepts were "bumbbling fools" fools in the cartoon. And they certainly weren't that in the comic. Yes, they were "bad guys" but they weren't "creatures."

As for the Autobots... yes, I agree... they're pretty spot-on. Especially Optimus.

25. Orion Pax Registered

Isn't that all that matters? Yet so many put so much emphasis on how they look. The character is what is important. Batman never wore a rubber suit that was somehow bulletproof in the comics, yet I believe you said you loved Tim Burton's Batman. It was the character that came through the rubber suit that mattered. Sure, you can argue about BumbleBee's height but Michael Keaton was not Batman's height either. I'm confused and I just want to understand.

I think what will make this movie a success (if it will be a success) in the end is the characters that are within the bots. I mean, in the end, isn't that what we love about the bots in the cartoon? It's not that BumbleBee had the split hood of a VW bug for feet. It's his personality and his relationship with Spike and other humans.