Official Script Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by batman strikes, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Orion Pax Registered

I haven't read the script because I want to see the whole thing for the first time in theaters so I don't know what the Decepticons are like or what their lines are (or lack there of) in relation to the script (and the only reason I read this thread is to get select details but I'm very cautious). My only experience with them is from what I've seen in the trailers and they appear ruthless which is how a Decepticon should be. The context of my statement was meant for all Transformers based on what I'd seen...not just the Autobots. I DO believe it is important that all of the Formers be portrayed correctly. The point I was trying to make was you can't judge a book by its cover. It's what's inside the character (Autobot or Decepticon) that really matters. Sorry for the confusion.

2. CFlash Registered

Michael Keaton a bit short at 5"10'. Yeah... but did he really seem like a midget? Hugh Jackman a bit too tall... but did he really seem like the massive 6"3 he is in real life? No, in fact it otften seemed like the guy that played Cyclops was taller than him at 5"10.'

Bumblebee wasn't just a "NICE GUY".... that's pretty 2-dimensional don't you think??? TAKE A LOOK AT HIS SPECS. They're very important. He's weak and he's slow with zero firepower. It's not just that he's bigger in the movie. It's that he's also pretty badass. For instance, he hands Barricade's a** to him. That's is not Bumblebee. This is:

[​IMG]

3. Superman79 Superman79 Returns

^^^ Yeah, but check out that courage...heart of a lion!! :D

4. cryptic name No Limits

that's the whole point of Bumblebee. the smallest Autobot with the biggest heart.

5. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

For all those that have read the script:

I breezed through it several times and don't see anywhere where they mention Megatron selecting an alt mode. In the script he awakens as a Cybertronian Jet. But after that, they don't mention anything about Cybertronian Jet but they do however, mention that he flys, notably when chasing you know who for possession of the Allspark.

In the Empire article, it clearly says that Megatron is the top secret 'Razor Jet'. Is this confirmation, in you guys eyes, that Megs does indeed select an earth mode after he awakes?

And maybe i missed it but is there a section in the script where they say he changes alt modes?

6. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

Ok for starters that whole Razor Jet thing is wrong, Shia mis-pronounced Raptor and was actually refering to Megatron, this was cleared up ages ago. Yes, the leaked script doesn't give any detail about Megatron finding an earth mode, the whole earth mode thing was created by "wishful thinking fans" at allspark.com and the DM boards. Although it hasn't been totally ruled out (could have been left out as a last minute suprise) its hard to find any evidence that points to the earth mode Megatron.

7. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

O.K then when did that Empire article come out then? Because that's where i got it from. There's a thread on it on the forum.

8. Orion Pax Registered

Wow CFlash! Take it easy! Overreacting a little don't you think? My point isn't going into every demension of Bumblebee. Thanks for sharing his stats, although I'm already very familiar with them. I'm talking about the heart of the character. You need to care about them in order for the movie to work. You could get all of your stats but if BB doesn't have heart, what good does it do you?

9. Spade Seeking new challengers

CFlash isn't overreacting at all. In fact, he's being rather tame. It's that you're missing the point: the firepower he has in this script is way above that of what he should have. If it were billing him as a tenacious but intelligent Autobot who uses his head and the environment to squirm out of the Decepticon's grasp there would be no gripe. The gripe is that the Bumble Bee of this script is an occasionally uppity Autobot with no lines but large guns to back up his mute exterior, when he could have just as much screen presence sticking to the canon depiction of an intelligent and talking Bumble Bee who makes up for his shortcomings with deft skill and quiet moves that add up in the long run. That is who he is. Bay is changing him to create a new Autobot. This is the point CFlash is trying to make, and considering that there's yet to be a flame on his part he's doing so with a rather polite disposition.

10. crazy monkey The worst kind of monkey.

OK, there's 35 pages here, I'll admit I didn't read them all, so, you know, beg pardon if this has already been discussed/clarified.

For those who have read the script, which I have not -- Do the 'bots use guns at all? All I'm reading about is hand-to-hand combat, and any promotional pictures (including the trailer) don't show any gun designs.

Please tell me that with all the changes they've made they at least had the smarts to let them shoot at each other. Transformers - guns = suck.

-- END!

11. Spade Seeking new challengers

The leaked concept designs clearly show Bumble Bee with an energy cannon (already rendered into the film) and concealed missiles. The same is essentially shown for Prime- an energy-spewing blaster that attaches itself to his back. Blackout has an EMP-style weapon as well as the shockwave implement used in the trailer. Shockwave has dual gatling guns for arms, it would seem. Even Megatron has blasters in his alternate Cybertronian Jet form.

So no, Bay hasn't skimped out on 'teh hug gunz'. It makes up 70% of what he considers the Transformers to be about, apparently.

There's already loads of confirmation they use guns. You just need to look for it.

12. Headless Knight Registered

I can see how an overpowered Bumblebee may seem “wrong” to G1 fans, but his firepower being at least comparable to Barricade’s actually makes sense. Consider the plot: he is one of the (very) few autobots who come to Earth to try and stop the decepticons from getting to the Allspark. Not only that, he is the scout, i.e. he is here way before his friends arrive. So, it’s only logical that he should be able to defend himself. That doesn’t necessarily mean he is a badass warrior, only that he’s a warrior (as all of the movie autobots have to be, one way or another). But the script makes it clear that he wouldn’t stand a chance against most of the decepticons.

The non-talking thing, however, is a much bigger problem, as it seems like a lame way of getting his personality across (via Herby-like pantomime) and an excuse for self-congratulatory trivia, with its look-at-how-we-managed-to-find-the-perfect-pop-song-for-this-moment coarseness.

13. Spark Registered

I think most people are referring to the Tom Desanto interview rather than the Shia thing.
    http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=496&Itemid=99

14. crazy monkey The worst kind of monkey.

Nah...it's easier to ask the internet. :oldrazz: :woot:

Thanks for the info, dude.

-- END!

15. combocaz Registered

I`just wish BB had a voice. Him having no voice could become annoying but anyways i dig the script, lets hope that this becomes more than a trilogy if it gets that far.

16. Venom_14 Registered

can someone please pm me the script whoever has it please.

17. GDM Registered

Could someone PM me the link to the script too please. Thank you

18. CFlash Registered

19. Spark Registered

Just thought it was worth posting this comment by Roberto since the topic of script changes often comes up.

"We're spending the next few weeks coming up with more TF dialogue -- and honestly, we'll be pushing it till the end. It will be a lot easier when we have the voices cast, and know what we're dealing with."

Said during this *****fest.
    http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurp...adid=16563&perpage=25&highlight=&pagenumber=4

And yes, I know it's only a reference to dialogue but we still don't know what live action footage was shot, or arguably as important, how it was shot.

20. Alchemyst July 2017

The reason why he doesnt have a voice, because they want his facial reactions (for lack of a better term) to do the talking.

21. cryptic name No Limits

how the hell is he going to have facial reactions? he's going to do a lot with body language, but his face...doesn't look like it has any moving pieces.

22. AyeCapn Mod of the year: h-r

It has thousands of moving pieces!

Billions!

:o

23. Spark Registered

:woot:

Actually it's music which does the talking, not body language. :oldrazz:

24. *Dead*End* Jesus Christ = my Saviour

25. Spark Registered

:hate!:

Er... cool interview aswell, except for the moronic 'non-talking TF' thing. :whatever: