Official Script Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by batman strikes, Aug 20, 2006.

1. ShadowBoxing Registered

They say one of the big differences between ours and the original is "you don't miss the arrival of the Transformers, it's not some big event that happens off screen".

Did they even watch the original :confused:

2. nosebleed. Registered

The original what? Movie?

3. ShadowBoxing Registered

Cartoon.

4. CFlash Registered

Which is one of the things that made TF original. It wasn't a "descend from the heaven's" 1950's sci-fi/Invaders from Mars/ V /Independence Day cliched thing. The writer's didn't have to do the whole "4 million years ago" thing... but they did. And, it was great.

I dunno why they had to dumb it down for the movie.

5. Boiiinng Demigod

Money.

A movie featuring the robots more than the humans would not appeal to a wider audience and would be considered a "children's" movie, toys being the basis of the film.

6. cryptic name No Limits

toys are the basis for the film now. bay only agreed to do it because he's getting a large cut of the toy sales.

7. CFlash Registered

I have no problem with the human emphasis... in fact, I agree that it's a necessity for a hollywood movie. But that in no way precludes The Ark and the crash landing 4 million years ago. Nor does it preclude them needing a supercomputer to "reformat" their alt-modes instead of being able to do it whily-nilly.

Teletran-1 to me is the equivalent of Cerebro. A Transformers movie without it just makes no sense.

8. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

Unfortunatly with the inclusion of self-scanning apart of the individual transformer make-up there will be no need for Teletran 1. In the series the austobots always refered to T-1 for info on earth, now with the internet as there resource it makes T-1 irrelevant, so sad.

9. homestarrunner Registered

okay after reading through this thread... can some please sned me a script even half of the script would be nice thanks

10. ShadowBoxing Registered

Actually I think a movie who focused on a waring faction of giant robots rather than humans, which is the norm from alien movies, would actually make MORE money because it would be unlike any other movie before it.

11. homestarrunner Registered

guys the link is broken, could you please send script to [email protected] thank you very much

12. steelio2006 Registered

13. *Dead*End* Jesus Christ = my Saviour

Spoiler Warning:
    When Optimus introduces Ironhide, he mentions Tri-Peninsular Torus states of Praxus. I think Torus sounds close enough to Taurus [the zodiac sign of the bull]. I know it is just a speculation on my part, but someone on the TFFW2005 board is of the opinion, that Ironhide's face is reminiscent to that of a raging bull . . . I happen to agree with him/her, and add this detail from the leaked script, just to make more sense of it all.

Link to the TFFW thread with pictures:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=120399

14. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

Could be on to something there, but no horns. Maybe a cow :D

15. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

The idea of IronHide resembling what you mentioned is complete b.s on Bay's part, IF it's true..

16. *Dead*End* Jesus Christ = my Saviour

Thanks AX, I think they're there [on the sides].

G13:TH, well it just seems to me like a running theme of the designs. But IMO Ironhide still resembles G1 [with that ridge on his forehead + his attitude seems to show through in his stature].

Bonecrusher - bulldog.

Bumblebee - need I explain.

Someone somewhere said that Blackout resembles a fly.

17. AyeCapn Mod of the year: h-r

I resemble waffles!

:confused:

18. thegameq Registered

Such a film would be way to lofty for the likes of Bay. It's somewhat dissapointing that Spielberg is allowing the movie to be made the way it is. I guess he must really think Bay is the ideal director for Transformers.

Which begs the question, were there ever any other directors up for consideration?

19. ShadowBoxing Registered

Probably so. Peter Jackson (who actually commented about having interest in Transformers...not necessarily directing any film), James Cameron or even Speilberg himself probably would have turned out a better film than Bay...which really makes me question Speilberg on this project judging by his past films.

20. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

I actually doubt Spielberg has anything at all to do with this film. I think they knew Bay brings hate so they figured putting Spielberg's name on it would help it sell better. :p

21. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Isn't Speilburg exec. producer? Well i know for a fact that 90% of exec producers don't do ****..they mainly help finance the picture is some way or form. Besides with Indy 4 going into production this year, i'm sure he and Lucas are jointed at the hip right now, scouting locations and making sure that they don't **** up one of the greatest movie franchises of all time, by making a 4th installment after 18 years + years. There's alot riding on Indiana Jones 4...and Speilburg knows it. He has little to no time to baby sit the Transformers project, step by step.

22. *Dead*End* Jesus Christ = my Saviour

I believe that Spielberg is very much involved. Why else would they pay him for a job, that he would not fulfill? Even Alex, and Roberto said that he's put forth some great ideas, which were subsequently implemented into the film.

23. CFlash Registered

Eh, I'm not so sure. If that were true, I don't think he'd be personally appearing in the intro for the japanese trailer or convention clips and documentaries etc. Like many movies that he exec-produces but doesn't direct, I have a feeling that he's VERY involved.... especially in POST-production.

Almost all movies that he "exec's" have this undoubtable Spielberg feel and quality. Everything from Balto to Men in Black (Flinstones might be an exception tho :cwink:). Sometimes it's even like he was a "ghost director" on them (Poltergeist, Arachnaphobia, etc).

All you gotta do is watch Sonnelfeld's back to back efforts (Men in Black / Wild Wild West) to see the "Spielberg" effect.

24. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

I dunno, I doubt I'm going to be sitting through Bay's disasterpiece thinking; "Man, this movie just has that Spielberg touch! I can feeeel it in the way the editing is making my skull twitch!"

25. cosmicherosa king of life

Naw. You will be sitting there with Mega-Ultra fan ***** when this movie blows you away. Specially the the big fight.

:hyper: