Official Spider-Man 3 Box Office Thread - Predictions and Forecasts

A little Update:

Worldwide:$889,565,125 (without domestic for the weekend,i'll update that as well)

Worldwide: $889,817,216 (including domestic)

Can it it make 2.4 milllions more is the question now,as that is what it takes to by in the All time Top 10

$890 million WW is all but assured. This is amazing! :spidey:

2.4 more might be tough but it wont' Pirates 3 catch it anyways with it's international totals or no?

I do see 890M when all is said and done, for any movie these numbers are huge, for a comic book film it's just insane. :cool:

I do see 890M when all is said and done, for any movie these numbers are huge, for a comic book film it's just insane. :cool:

It´s only a couple hundred thousand dollars away, it gets there.

Would it be too early to declare Spider-man 3 the highest money maker of the year in the States? Transformers is still $36 million behind and fading fast. I don't see anyone else even close to Spidey and no huge movies are coming out the rest of this year.:woot:

Aloha,
But you had doubts my friend. Why, Oh why? This is a character named after an eight legged creature and you doubted that the movie had legs?:woot: Not only has Spidey 3 broken the Trilogy Curse, it has established a new standard for Comic Book Movies andTrilogies.890M and counting.
Spidey rules

Aloha,
But you had doubts my friend. Why, Oh why? This is a character named after an eight legged creature and you doubted that the movie had legs?:woot: Not only has Spidey 3 broken the Trilogy Curse, it has established a new standard for Comic Book Movies andTrilogies.890M and counting.
Spidey rules
:):up: I like how you think!

Would it be too early to declare Spider-man 3 the highest money maker of the year in the States? Transformers is still $36 million behind and fading fast. I don't see anyone else even close to Spidey and no huge movies are coming out the rest of this year.:woot:

Not too early, no. Transformers looks like it´s gonna be higher than POTC3and lower than Shrek TheThird.

Aloha,
Spidey rules

What's the trilogy curse?

It's when the third movie in a franchise is not up to par with the previous instalments,not as good as them in quality.

It's when the third movie in a franchise is not up to par with the previous instalments,not as good as them in quality.

Based on the thread, maybe he was referring to box office performance? But either way, Spidey is not the first to break the "trilogy curse" whether you interpret this "curse" as being for box office success or quality of the film.

The Trilogy Curse does not refer to boxoffice...if that's the case Xmen 3 broke it since it made the most of the 3.

^ I enjoyed X3 far more than the original and in some ways more than X2 but overall X2 was the best...but not the most fun. Most part 3's don't live up because they were not originally written as trilogies and the writers run out of ideas, the actors are too comfortable in their roles, or the directors take a once serious franchise and turn it campy because they think the audience will have fun with it like Lethal Weapn. LOL

Here it is: $890,065,018 :woot:

So close to 900$...too bad but hey this more than awesome

That's awesome. If the 3 big films weren't jammed so close togethe rin May that figure would be closer to a billion.

And as far as X3 i agree it's definitelly not as bad as people make it to be...same for SP3 the expectation kills the movie more often than not...

Look at TF,people were expecting crap and they were pleasently surprised.

Based on the thread, maybe he was referring to box office performance? But either way, Spidey is not the first to break the "trilogy curse" whether you interpret this "curse" as being for box office success or quality of the film.

Aloha,
Didn't say it was the first to break the Trilogy curse, just that it did. There is somewhat of an expectation in some circles that the thrid movie of a franchise will be bad.
Spidey rules

The sad thing is that if not for stupid fanboys whining about the movies and the insane competition this summer, Spider-Man 3 could've broken one billion dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"